BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

I’ve just watched the best fight I’ve seen a while:

Andrew Cain from Liverpool v Baluta from Romania - BT Sport last night on the Nathan Heaney card, what a scrap.

I’ll not give the spoiler. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve just watched Joe Cordina v Rakhimov - Superb fight, quality world title fight on DAZN last night.

It’s a while since I’ve seen such quality shots, quality punches, timing, simply superb stuff and heart from both men.

No spoilers

@tomphil

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I’ve just watched Joe Cordina v Rakhimov - Superb fight, quality world title fight on DAZN last night.

It’s a while since I’ve seen such quality shots, quality punches, timing, simply superb stuff and heart from both men.

No spoilers

@tomphil

I'll be partaking of last nights boxing tonight but iv'e heard only good things about it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just watched the Canelo v Ryder fight. All credit to Ryder, tough tough lad who fought from round 2 onwards with a smashed nose, breathing must have been difficult, along with Guadalajara being 5000ft above sea level!

Result was never in doubt.

• 2 months later...

Crawford v Spence tonight from T-Mobile arena in Vegas, probably the biggest fight since Mayweather v pacquiao in 2015.

This time both fighters in the prime, ring walk 4am on TNT (BT) box office.

Looking forward to it.

Crawford looked a class above in a fight they claimed was a genuine 50:50 where both fighters were undefeated and could claim to be best pound for pound in the world. Crawford put him down 3 times before finishing it in the 9th. Now the first boxer to become undisputed in two weight divisions.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

You’ve got to give Spence credit for his heart and bravery, but Crawford was just to good, on another level.

Nobody to touch Crawford, he’s probably the best pound for pound boxer in the world, an absolute masterclass of boxing.

Edited by Gav

• 2 weeks later...

Taking nothing away from Crawford he's the man but that fight definitely came a bit late for Spence.  Clear issues with the weight he looked drained 2 weeks out and the crash took something away from him. He was a real class operator previously although Crawfords power was always going to be an issue for even peak Spence.

Looking forwards to seeing if Dubois can pull it off next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

He didn't he got schooled, hit a borderline low shot below the tip of the waist band, ref called those low before fight began, then quit when he started getting peppered.

Moved into the right thread. The wasit band on Usyk's shorts were above his belly button. Therefore it's not low. According to the pundits after the ref didnt actually do the customary insruction before the fight about what is and isnt low.

However, he did get outboxed and did quit when the going got tough. Thats the second time he's done it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Moved into the right thread. The wasit band on Usyk's shorts were above his belly button. Therefore it's not low. According to the pundits after the ref didnt actually do the customary insruction before the fight about what is and isnt low.

However, he did get outboxed and did quit when the going got tough. Thats the second time he's done it.

There's various pics floating around showing Usyks belt below his navel and Daniels belt was also high.

My first thought was it was a good shot and no doubt it hurt Usyks nuts because a crack on the belt like that will lift the jockstrap and trap your balls.  He did homwever play the game like the wily pro he is if ref counts he has to stagger up or he's out.

End of the day Dubois should have gone after life or death then it was his one chance but Usyk just carried on where he left off.  Dubois i think must have some issue maybe his eye or vision the way he just crumbled again.

Otherwise he is a complete bottle job he was virtually done in his last fight against a doorman before his knee gave way. He just managed to connect with something and turn it around but iv'e never been convinced in him since he struggled so much with Kevin Johnson way back.

He was doing ok last night to be fair but Usyk has to be technically the best HW iv'e seen, helped by the fact he's a southpaw.

Still think that big dolloper who's ducking him is too big and awkward for him though but nobody else beats him.

An absolute master of his craft  (and the theatrics)

• Like 2

I can't see past Smith again tonight, Eubank looks much better on the scales, but nobody is buying his bravado.

We'll see I guess.

The story of Ricky Hatton is on Sky documentary at the moment, great watch, troubled soul, he's clearly still hurting. Having followed him myself from Manchester to Vegas, he should be proud of his efforts, he let nobody down.

Possibly the worst display by a British boxer I think I've seen since Chisora lost on points to Kabayel in Monaco. Smith never threw a punch from start to finish, the fans have been short changed whilst Smith takes his cheque to the bank.

Pathetic. 

Last night was pretty much how the first fight should have played out if Eubank was on the money. Looked so much better before the fight this time.

Smith it appears just thought he had to turn up, sit back and explode on Chris's chin again when the chance came. Punch stats flying around are saying 193 to 33 which is ridiculous.  Liams corner should have pulled him 2 rounds before he was out of it and his ankles were all over the place.

Confident and cocky enough before the fight he and the scouse boxing mafia are trumpeting every excuse in the book cause he lost. Wilder levels of delusion we are just missing loaded glove and spiked water however behind the scenes roid accusations were made.

Classic scouse behaviour it's always someone or something else, no need for a rematch it'll just be a rerun. No need for revisiting Benn v Eubank either that ought to have the BBBoC saying a firm NO !

In other news.....

Trained by Mikey Jennings the Clever from Lever is one to watch should have a decent career.  Fraser Clarke needs putting in with someone remotely alive and David Allen, where do we start with that one ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Whether it's an injury or a crap main event, yet again it's the fans that get screwed over. 

Boxing really has gone down the pan in the last few decades. This fight gave me a bit of hope but as quick as it was announced, it was postponed.

The best aren't fighting each other (always an excuse) and the shows are now played in front of empty arenas instead of sold out world famous boxing venues. Nowadays the organisers put on crap events featuring cross-over mma/boxing stars or internet "boxers" to sell boxing because they know it makes easy money despite how poor the shows really are. Even Fury vs Ngannou, despite how well Ngannou did, was only close because Fury trained poorly for it. It won't change though because the media and the organisers make a lot of money. Boxing is on the decline and the real fans will just switch off and not return. 

• Like 1