BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

On 19/12/2021 at 09:53, Gav said:

Just a shout out to Derek Chisora who lost a points decision last night to Joseph Parker, the mans an absolute warrior. He's not the most gifted of boxers but in the heart stakes you'll struggle to find anyone better. He looked down and out many times last night but came back, he was out on his feet, but came back, just bravery beyond the belief. 

I hope he hangs up his gloves, I've been one of his critics over the years, but what a warrior, absolute box office.

They both shared burgers in the dressing room after smashing each other for 12 rounds.

https://twitter.com/DerekWarChisora?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Brilliant. 

Agreed Gav. It was a terrific fight.

Parker has looked a bit insipid at times in the past but I think he's a bit under-rated. He's extremely durable and I thought he was exceptionally unlucky when he fought Joshua as the only chance he had of winning that fight was to try and get inside but the referee (Foster) broke them up every time he attempted to do so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed Gav. It was a terrific fight.

Parker has looked a bit insipid at times in the past but I think he's a bit under-rated. He's extremely durable and I thought he was exceptionally unlucky when he fought Joshua as the only chance he had of winning that fight was to try and get inside but the referee (Foster) broke them up every time he attempted to do so.

I thought Andy Lee in his corner was exceptional. Clear, concise short messaging in the corner about what to do for the following 3 minutes. He’s obviously made a difference in the gym too, Parker couldn’t hurt him in the first fight and did some serious damage this time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I’ve turned down an all expenses trip to watch Khan v Brook this evening, £400 seats and free bar from 3pm…..

I have no idea who wins this, both well past the sell by date, never liked Khan, I’d like Brook to win then retire, but we’ll see.

Edited by Gav

9 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Not even sure what happened there.

Didn't even hit him and ref stops it.

Very poor.

Don't like Khan at all but that was rubbish.

khan was stumbling around like a friday night drunk and brook was hitting him flush everytime he came forward,was only a matter of time before he got knocked out,the ref did the right thing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

khan was stumbling around like a friday night drunk and brook was hitting him flush everytime he came forward,was only a matter of time before he got knocked out,the ref did the right thing

Yeah because Nigel Benn Chris Eubank would have been called like that....

What a pathetic decision.

54 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Ah well it took him slightly longer but there was only ever one winner here

Brook wanted this so badly, it was clear throughout fight week on the Sky behind the ropes, but I didn’t think he’d blast Khan away like that. 

Best man won, Eubank Jnr next? 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry the site doesn't seem to be working properly for me on my mobile at the moment. Can't quote and it's spacing like the post above. Any suggestions?

I wonder if the Blackpool lad got the standard punch bag fee.

The girl was not much better.

I've seen better on a Saturday night in the pub.

Khan was out of it. Ref saved him from punishment.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

16 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I wonder if the Blackpool lad got the standard punch bag fee.

The girl was not much better.

I've seen better on a Saturday night in the pub.

Khan was out of it. Ref saved him from punishment.

I was listening to the boxing podcast on the BBC and they interviewed Ben Shalom, the man tasked with bringing boxing back to Sky Sports. Sky suffered massively when Matchroom (Eddie Hearn) left with all his boxers and formed DAZN, they lost all the fighters over night.

In the past few weeks we've seen Eubank Jnr on free to air which wouldn't normally happen, you'd usually pay for that domestic fight and Ben Shalom made the Khan v Brook fight for Sky which nobody else could do. Josh Taylor v Jack Catterall this weekend on free to air too, he's doing a good job but it will take time to get the standard back to what it was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I was listening to the boxing podcast on the BBC and they interviewed Ben Shalom, the man tasked with bringing boxing back to Sky Sports. Sky suffered massively when Matchroom (Eddie Hearn) left with all his boxers and formed DAZN, they lost all the fighters over night.

In the past few weeks we've seen Eubank Jnr on free to air which wouldn't normally happen, you'd usually pay for that domestic fight and Ben Shalom made the Khan v Brook fight for Sky which nobody else could do. Josh Taylor v Jack Catterall this weekend on free to air too, he's doing a good job but it will take time to get the standard back to what it was. 

I kind of left boxing alone for quite a few years but have slowly got my interest back.

I need to get up to speed on who's who in the sport having now found a 'way' into actually watching live.

The 'way' covered all the bouts on Khan night and with a choice of US or UK commentary, the US guys were very good.

I'll look out for Taylor v Catterall 👍

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It’s amazing when you get a bullshit decision like that in the Taylor V Catterall fight how long it takes to ‘check the judges scorecards’. 

I stopped watching Boxing years ago mainly because i wasn't prepared to pay box office prices for fights but also how corrupt it is in places.

That is probably the worst decision I’ve ever witnessed in a U.K. boxing ring, it wasn’t even close, with a point deduction and knock down too.

I love boxing, but this leaves a real sour taste in the mouth. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

truly terrible decision it was`nt even close,catterall schooled him,i had him winning by 5 rounds

It was quite clear even the Scottish fans had given up the ghost with thousands of them heading for exists before the verdict came in, you could see them rushing back in as the verdict was given.

Even the promoter Ben Shalom couldn't hold back his disgust at the verdict, but Jamie Moore had it right, you put your life on the line, work all your life for a bullshit verdict like that.

Spot on Jamie. 

• Like 1