BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Boxing Megathread

Have to say iv'e never got the fuss around Yarde at all to me he was always just another good domestic fighter with half a chance at top level.

Errol Spence though is class we saw him up close beating Brook a few years ago and he's a top operator. Crash doesn't seem to have taken that away. In an odd way it might have got a bit of sense into him as he was looking like he might disappear up his own ego at one point.

Nice guy though really and some great fights ahead.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

I don't get Yarde's camp. He has to move away from them trainer if he is going to progress. Arthur jabbed his brains out and Yarde had absolutely no come back to it. You seen the interview after the fight? He talks about how he has to knock an opponent out to win but maybe try adapting your methods to the fight first.

He asked his trainers at the end of one round how to get past Arthur's jab and his trainer responded with: "LIONS IN THE CAMP" or some crap. Absolutely zero technical input. Yarde is a good fighter and has a good chin, even if his face does mark up, but there's no way he will progress to world level with trainers like that.

Two good weekends of boxing coming up with the obvious Joshua fight this and Golovkin next.

Friday this week sees a Brum local fight in Sam Eggington. Fresh out of losing the light-middleweight title. He should have enough to see Theopane off.

£25 for Joshua v Pulev tonight, I'll be paying for it but its a bit steep for a mismatch. 

Pulev got under AJ's skin at the weigh in, may make it interesting for a while, but I don't think Pulev's got the engine to trouble Joshua. 

Joshuas dumb comments have really set off the haters it seems half of social media want him to lose.

I'd back the old AJ to bust up Pulev in 5 or 6 and finish him off but the new 'Brand AJ' i'm not so sure.  Think he might play it safe again and win on points but wouldn't rule out a Pulev shock. Depends what he has in the tank.

If AJ comes out swinging i think he'll get ko'd again.

Hughie Fury v Wach is an interesting one, decent boxer Fury but rushed and over matched by his pap presumably desperate to earn some big money.  Still young but time for him to start stepping up otherwise he'll just be a Euro leveler. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Joshuas dumb comments have really set off the haters it seems half of social media want him to lose.

I'd back the old AJ to bust up Pulev in 5 or 6 and finish him off but the new 'Brand AJ' i'm not so sure.  Think he might play it safe again and win on points but wouldn't rule out a Pulev shock. Depends what he has in the tank.

If AJ comes out swinging i think he'll get ko'd again.

Hughie Fury v Wach is an interesting one, decent boxer Fury but rushed and over matched by his pap presumably desperate to earn some big money.  Still young but time for him to start stepping up otherwise he'll just be a Euro leveler. 

Mate of mine has just sent me a bet slip, he took the Mexican to beat Tommy Frank last night and Pulev to win tonight.

£33 double - wins £2000

5029F704-B5EC-443B-A57D-E69DEC4A52FA.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ahh never mind, Gav 

I'm sure he cashed out at 204no?

I've not asked him Sparks, he went very quiet after the first few rounds, but I can guarantee he never cashed out.

Pulev was bleeding tough, some of those shots he took would have put away most heavyweights, landing flush too.

Lawrence Okolie was the star of the evening, that lads going places, he was a league above the Polish fighter, but what power, what a unit.

Nice to see shades of the old AJ there last night and back to his good finishing. Still looks a bit clumsy and vulnerable though after he lets big flurry's go.

Pulev is one tough old bird iv'e always thought if the likes of him and Povetkin were in their early 30's they'd be in the mix at the top end.  These guys this era are fortunate the best of the rest is old or they can get away with cherry picking still earning big money.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very good performance by Whyte last night against an ageing Poventkin.

Harrold Knight, former cornerman for Lenox Lewis, joined the team and his influence was seen immediately with that ramrod job from Whyte, superb stuff.

Whyte also showed his class by not celebrating the stoppage, he picked up his own stool and walked over to help Poventkin sit down and evolved, classy move.

He deserves another shot at a world title, but when he’ll get that, who knows.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2021 at 16:00, Gav said:

Very good performance by Whyte last night against an ageing Poventkin.

Harrold Knight, former cornerman for Lenox Lewis, joined the team and his influence was seen immediately with that ramrod job from Whyte, superb stuff.

Whyte also showed his class by not celebrating the stoppage, he picked up his own stool and walked over to help Poventkin sit down and evolved, classy move.

Yeah, got to give the guy credit. Personally do not think he is in the top league but he has heart. 

On 28/03/2021 at 09:00, Gav said:

He hasn't even had one yet. Joshua wasn't world champion when they fought.

He has always had a far more pressing case than some of the opponents AJ and Wilder have fought over the last 5 years. 

Edited by Hasta

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Gav said:

Joshua v Fury set for Saudi Arabia in August.

Wembley is where the fight should be, but money talks.

Return will hopefully be in Britain, probably Wembley, 2 fight deal, 50/50 first fight, 2nd fight winner 60/40

On 11/05/2021 at 18:08, Gav said:

Joshua v Fury set for Saudi Arabia in August.

Aye, I see Joshua left his principles at the door when the coin turned up...very vocal about how black people are persecuted over the last 12 months, obviously doesn't give a shit about women, gay people and Turkish journalists.  Knob. 

Hope Fury gives him a good hiding 

Let's not present Fury as some bastian of all that's right either he's one of the biggest tits on the planet.  Both are over rated greed driven lanky gits who've benefited from such a weak era. Yet whoever wins this will then get tagged with being one of the all time greats.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

• Like 2

Joshua Buatsi live on Sky tomorrow night.

This lad seems to steamroller everyone thats put in front of him, nobody to touch him at light heavy, eventually he'll make the step up, be interesting to see how effective he is at that level and weight. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gav said:

Joshua Buatsi live on Sky tomorrow night.

This lad seems to steamroller everyone thats put in front of him, nobody to touch him at light heavy, eventually he'll make the step up, be interesting to see how effective he is at that level and weight. 

Another reason i'd like to see the back of Fury & AJ once they've settled matters then the HW div might regain some normality. 

Those 2 have all the belts which is great from a British perspective but at the same time it ties them all up. Wilder held the WBC belt hostage for 4 years fighting tin cans, now covid & Fury combined have meant nothing happens with that again.

All eyes on those 2 whilst their promoters drag the life out of it all. Be more fun if the belts got splintered again imo. All this one face one name is all well and good but if as expected Fury prevails what then ?

Is he going to fight all his mandos and try to dominate the division like a great Undisputed HW does ?  Like Ali. Lewis, Tyson ?   Is he bollocks he'll piss around and hang on to them as long as he can.

Better for boxing if Joshua ices him, at least we know he'll step up for the mandos. Also he might lose again so things get interesting again.

Otherwise it's Fury fighting cans again once or twice a year.

On 15/05/2021 at 04:05, tomphil said:

Another reason i'd like to see the back of Fury & AJ once they've settled matters then the HW div might regain some normality. 

Those 2 have all the belts which is great from a British perspective but at the same time it ties them all up. Wilder held the WBC belt hostage for 4 years fighting tin cans, now covid & Fury combined have meant nothing happens with that again.

All eyes on those 2 whilst their promoters drag the life out of it all. Be more fun if the belts got splintered again imo. All this one face one name is all well and good but if as expected Fury prevails what then ?

Is he going to fight all his mandos and try to dominate the division like a great Undisputed HW does ?  Like Ali. Lewis, Tyson ?   Is he bollocks he'll piss around and hang on to them as long as he can.

Better for boxing if Joshua ices him, at least we know he'll step up for the mandos. Also he might lose again so things get interesting again.

Otherwise it's Fury fighting cans again once or twice a year.

Looks like it will drag on longer.

Wilder now wants $20 million to step aside or a third fight. AJ given 48 hours to agree a fight with Usyk.