BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Name your team and formation

The scum has long departed but we are left with a legacy of an imbalanced squad to put it mildly.

With the players at Berg's disposal, what would your starting eleven be and in what format?

IMO i cannot understand persevering with Murphy and Etuhu. They have been appalling from the first game of the season, the fact they are reputedly on £80k per week makes it an even bigger joke.

• Backroom

4-1-3-2 (fitness accounted for):

------------------Kean;

Henley -- Dann -- Hanley -- Givet;

------------------Lowe;

Vukcevic ---- Murphy ---- MartOlsson;

----------Gomez -- Rhodes.

I think Murphy should play further upfield in place of Rochina, while Lowe sits in front of the defence. I feel this gives us some stability, while easily morphing into (when attacking) 3-wide3-3-1:

--------------------------Kean;

-----------Dann --- Hanley --- Givet;

Henley--------------Lowe--------------MartOlsson

---------Vukcevic----Gomez-----Murphy

-----------------------Rhodes

Being honest, I think Murphy is interchangeable with Rochina, Dunn or Formica and I'm not sure why he's captain, either :/

As for a compromise between my dream teams and realism, I'll go with:

------------Robbo

Henley---Dann---Hanley---MartOlsson

-------Formica----Lowe

Vukcevic-----Murphy-----Rochina

--------------Rhodes

Kean

Henley Dann Givet Olsson1

Vukcevik Formica Lowe MGP

Rhodes Gomez

We need to hit most of the squad over the head with a metaphorical 2x4. I think the above lineup sends a clear message to some of our senior professionals while at the same time ensuring some heart exists to battle Burnley.

And we need a boss on the field. Someone with the energy and drive to organize the team and motivate the players. I thought Murphy would be that man. I appear to have been wrong.

I'm half-tempted to suggest recalling Edwards, O'Connor and Morris and, in January, loaning out Hanley, Ribiero and Nuno H.

Do you think ManU would allow us to take Phil Jones on a half season loan? He's only made a couple of appearances. What about QPR loaning Ryan Nelsen for a half season?

last nites performance was a disgrace....

if i was in charge there are more than a few who would never put on a blue & white shirt again..!!...

no passion, lack of basic skills, etc. etc

my team for sunday.....

Kean

Henley - Hanley - Givet - Ollsson

Vukcevik - Lowe - MGP - CKR

Rhodes - Gomez

hoping and pray we can save a total embarrasment on sunday - play like last nite, and we could be in for a proper hiding.....

Robbo

Lowe Dann Givet Henley

Vuckevic CKR Olsson Rochina

Gomes Rhodes

After last night I'd fill the side with pace and the fittest players. This side CANNOT play any worse and could be exciting to watch......and could get thumped!! Gomes probably wouldn't last a full game but he has the brains and ability to give us goals.

We need stability first and foremost, so I'd revert back to 4-4-2.

Everybody knows how to play 4-4-2 and offers a good, solid shape for the players to perform.

Robbo

Henley Dann Givet Olsson

Vukcevic Murphy Etuhu Nunes

Rhodes Gomes/CKR/Rochina

Kean

Henley - Dann - Givet - Martin Olsson

Formica - Lowe - Murphy - Vukcevic

Gomes - Rhodes

That's the team I would go with. I think Lowe and Murphy partnership could work, Lowe has the legs that perhaps Etuhu doesn't have anymore. With Vukcevic and Formica on the flanks their aim should be to get as many crosses into the box as possible to Rhodes and Gomes.

I don't think Berg will pick that team though.

Would be tempted to go two up top similar to Olkahoma, though maybe play Pedersen central, need more pace on the wings.

I considered that option too, since I'm far from happy with Etuhu and Murphy.

It is also possible to put Givet at LB, Hanley at CB and move Martin Olsson to LM.

Robinson has been poor. Maybe this game is not the best time but Kean should be given a chance in first team,

As for a compromise between my dream teams and realism, I'll go with:

------------Robbo

Henley---Dann---Hanley---MartOlsson

-------Formica----Lowe

Vukcevic-----Murphy-----Rochina

--------------Rhodes

This is the type of formation I'd be looking at as well, though I don't know about Formica in there.

Basically I'd like to see two sitting midfielders, giving some bite and solidity into midfield, and allow Murphy in front of them to focus even more on attacking duties. With Rochina and Vukcevic playing more like inside forwards than wingers. Width would come from the two defensive midfielders allowing Henley and Olsson to come forward alot and overlap the two inside forwards as they cut inside.

EDIT: The other way I could see it would be along the lines of what Oklahoma has, i.e a 4-4-2 with Etuhu and Lowe (Or Gattuso, if he was any good. That type of player anyway).

4-3-3 changing to 4-5-1 when defending. Similar set-up to what allatdyce did.

Robbo

Bruno dann givet Henley

Formica dunn mgp

Ckr Rhodes Martin o

Pace in the wide areas, bruno allowed to whip the balls in with Henley mgp and martin acting as an attackng/ defensive interchange.

In turn giving Rhodes service out wide with Murphy passing it as he should with formica as the legs.

Murphy interchanging with dunn as 3 games pet week is allot.

Subs. Kean. Hanley. Nuno gomes. Rochina. Marcus. Etuhu. Lowe

----------------------------ROBINSON--------------------------

HENLEY---------DANN----------------HANLEY----------GIVET

------------------------LOWE--------------PEDERSEN----------

VUCKEVIC---------------------ROCHINA------------------OLLSON

------------------------------------RHODES-------------------------------

For the simple fact Murphy and Etuhu have been nothing more that woeful, I would bring in Lowe and Peds, who both deserve a chance, are both true blues and can do a solid job in this division. Pedersen also useful with his free kick deliveries. Ollson needs to in midfield, therefore that allows us to birng in our best defender in Givet. One up front I know we dont like it, but in this game, we will be under a fair bit of pressure and need to fight in the middle, therefore a 5 man midfield is needed and with the 3 pushing midfielders, we have pace and quality in abundance.

Archived