BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest - match thread

Looks like no-one volunteered for the preview.

So here's a match thread instead.

For interest sake, the last time we played them in the league at Ewood was Sept 2001. We won 3-0 (goals from Jansen, Dunn & Blake).

Full team:

Kelly

Curtis - Short - Berg - Bjornebye

McAteer - Flitcroft - Dunn - Duff

Jansen - Blake

Subs: Miller, Johnson, Carsley, Diawara, Ostenstad

Crowd: 18,471

My prediction... 1-0 Rovers (someone from Forest with an own goal), crowd stated as 13,415.

Shebby unveils himself as "Omnipotent Being" at half time.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think there will be less than 10,000 Rovers' fans inside the ground tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be a real, real toughie as McLeish is a tough cookie and Forest are a very decent team.

How about this for a piece of irony, O'Driscoll gets presented as the new Rovers' manager just as the players enter the field of play !

As for result, looking to see what materialises over next 24 hours first.

cant be arsed predicting until i know who we will appoint, if we appoint a good manager before kick-off, could give everyone a lift and we could win, appoint another fud then everyone's mood will drop again and we lose, im predicting guardiola and we win 6-0

Lets hope we can see more players like King, CKR, Rochina and Rhodes running past the Forest defenders like we saw at Barsnley if so then victory should be on the cards.

If only we had a quality central midfielder coming into the club as opposed to a manager, surely would provide the biggest boost to the team and its chances not only for this game but for the rest of the season.

My best memory of Rovers v Forest was when my lad was mascot, had his picture taken with Alan Shearer, stood alongside Stuart Pierce for the toss up and came up to Pierce's knees. Rovers had Coors as sponsors that day for some reason. I think we won 4-1, how times have changed.

No expectations but we will be there

My best memory of Rovers v Forest was when my lad was mascot, had his picture taken with Alan Shearer, stood alongside Stuart Pierce for the toss up and came up to Pierce's knees. Rovers had Coors as sponsors that day for some reason. I think we won 4-1, how times have changed.

My most telling memory of a Rovers vs Forest match was the last Premier League match we played against them. We lost 1-2 at home to an already relegated Nottingham and pretty much sealed our own fate in 1999 left having to rely on other results and win both of our last matches against Man U and Newc. Was actually in tears after that one, and at 17 years old too. Still have that one on VHS somewhere I think...

Here's to hoping for a better result tomorrow!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59O6XlLrDOk

:)

Could be Josh Kings last game for us tomorrow, I'm sure hell want to leave on a high before going back to Man U reserves.

Also not sure but i thought Kazim Richards only came on a halve season loan.

You'll soon forget about Josh King when Leon Best starts playing......... Twice the player IMO

2-3 attendance 8457 massive rage at the end of the game. I'm not going and I'm a st holder. Had enough now. Next season if I fancy going ill buy junior tickets to minimise my expenditure and maximise their loss. Muppets. Ill be happy when Venkys disappear and I hope their businesses fails and they all end up in the slums begging. I'd happily NOT sponsor then 2 quid a month

Archived