BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sporting Intelligence - Venky's "the worst owners in English football"

DE.

Guest Norbert

Perhaps the paper trail is tantilisingly incomplete, and they don't want to face libel/slander lawsuits? We can all imagine how slippery these figures can be.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the paper trail is tantilisingly incomplete, and they don't want to face libel/slander lawsuits? We can all imagine how slippery these figures can be.

Lot of slippery beggars about for sure, but I'd hope everything in there could be backed with evidence to get around that.

Guest Norbert

Everyone knows it was Mossad who did 9/11 with help from the freemasons and the US government!

Anyway Amarillo is right with the point about how this 'evidence' will be used (i.e. To hide to bodies).

Nick Harris has tweeted to the effect he has more than has appeared in this article.

We rehearsed and re rehearsed the arguments about the Action Group not being able to publish more.

I suspect Harris has far more than even the Action Group has now.

This follows on from the fuss earlier this week, the FA being told to sort it's running of the game or face intervention from Parliament.

The game wreaks of greed and incompetence.

Billions of pounds involved. Some serious nose in the trough action by powerful people in the game.

It needs to be highlighted / acted upon.

We know our club has beeen had over ( by that I mean us - the fans as stakeholders ).

It will be hard work to unravel the truth, but I hope it happens.

But when it comes out and it all crashes down around us, who is going to be happy to sit in the gutter, having been pi55ed on by Venky's, SEM, Steve Kean and then the FA, and happily accept the consequences? There will be the usual band of gloaters who will happily accept the clubs downfall as long as they can say 'i told you so', but what about the rest of us? I'm sorry, i want Venky's gone as much as the next man. But if it comes about by putting the clubs entire existance on the line then i'll take no satisfaction from it.

I see articles like this as a big problem. I really fear that if we, BRAG or Nick Harris keep prodding this Hornets nest we will end up regretting it. Venky's may suffer in the process, but Rovers and the Rovers fans will suffer more. If the undoubted wrong doing is proven and exposed what will the FA do? They will have to act and the only thing in their duristiction is to hit Blackburn Rovers. Very hard. Venky's could be long gone and escape with the finacial loss and head back to India to lick their wounds. But barring a very sympathetic billionaire pitying our plight, we'll be ruined. Gone. As much as i want Venky's to leave, that want is outweighed by my fear of what they'll actually leave when all is said and done.

Billions of pounds involved.

There you go. End of.

Pi$$ing in the wind. It could have been Wigan, Bolton, burnley, anyone. No one cares. Instead it was us. Unlucky lads and lasses, it was us.

We still try to make sense of it all, still try to believe they mean well, still try to give them, Venkys, the benefit of the doubt: that they're just a bit silly, a bit slow. Just in case.

Fact is there are millions, if not billions, swashing around in this game. Man U 2 Rovers 3?!? No shots at all v Spurs last season!! What are the odds on that?

Obviously that's just a silly quirk. As is the fact we sold all our best players last season and kept a terrible manager on who was victimised by us, the fans, but quite rightly supported by Sky and Talksport. Nothing to do with his Agent whatsoever that, just pure coincidence, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a bloody fool.

Thank God we're not owned by people who never watch us and don't understand the game, but take their advice on BRFC matters from the likes of Singh, Agnew, Shaw and assorted Agents. Otherwise we could be in a right pickle.

But when it comes out and it all crashes down around us, who is going to be happy to sit in the gutter, having been pi55ed on by Venky's, SEM, Steve Kean and then the FA, and happily accept the consequences? There will be the usual band of gloaters who will happily accept the clubs downfall as long as they can say 'i told you so', but what about the rest of us? I'm sorry, i want Venky's gone as much as the next man. But if it comes about by putting the clubs entire existance on the line then i'll take no satisfaction from it.

I see articles like this as a big problem. I really fear that if we, BRAG or Nick Harris keep prodding this Hornets nest we will end up regretting it. Venky's may suffer in the process, but Rovers and the Rovers fans will suffer more. If the undoubted wrong doing is proven and exposed what will the FA do? They will have to act and the only thing in their duristiction is to hit Blackburn Rovers. Very hard. Venky's could be long gone and escape with the finacial loss and head back to India to lick their wounds. But barring a very sympathetic billionaire pitying our plight, we'll be ruined. Gone. As much as i want Venky's to leave, that want is outweighed by my fear of what they'll actually leave when all is said and done.

Lets just imagine you are diagnosed with a brain tumour (god forbid and nothing personal, just an analogy!!!). Would you like it treated and take the risk of recovery or would you just sit back and let it fester away until your ultimate demise?

Me, I'm a fighter. I would do everything possible to survive. If that involved short term pain and suffering to get there then bring it on. We need rid of this parasitic bunch of @#/?s before we as a club, as a community of fans, can ever hope to progress.

F-cough Venky's!

There you go. End of.

Pi$$ing in the wind. It could have been Wigan, Bolton, burnley, anyone. No one cares. Instead it was us. Unlucky lads and lasses, it was us.

We still try to make sense of it all, still try to believe they mean well, still try to give them, Venkys, the benefit of the doubt: that they're just a bit silly, a bit slow. Just in case.

Fact is there are millions, if not billions, swashing around in this game. Man U 2 Rovers 3?!? No shots at all v Spurs last season!! What are the odds on that?

Obviously that's just a silly quirk. As is the fact we sold all our best players last season and kept a terrible manager on who was victimised by us, the fans, but quite rightly supported by Sky and Talksport. Nothing to do with his Agent whatsoever that, just pure coincidence, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a bloody fool.

Thank God we're not owned by people who never watch us and don't understand the game, but take their advice on BRFC matters from the likes of Singh, Agnew, Shaw and assorted Agents. Otherwise we could be in a right pickle.

anyone who doesnt think something very underhand went on or is still going on is seriously off their head......as for the Spurs game as stated previously certain London bookmakers held back before paying out on the Spurs game they smelt a rat.............

While I'm not going to post here defending Venkys, or say there definitely hasn't been any dodgy things going on at Rovers, can somebody please explain to me the whole 'no shots on target' betting theory?

As I remember (and this may be totally wrong), we started with Yakubu and Hoilett just behind him, as far as that season goes that was PROBABLY our strongest attacking partnership ... Is the theory that the players where TOLD not to have a shot on target? Because I really can't see that. I can understand the theory if we are assuming they where told 'sit deep, really deep. All 11 in our half, be rigid, don't counter, retain possession.' and the whole 'betting' theory is that the bet was say, 'less than 5 shots on target', but seriously, NO shots on target specifically? I really can't see the players being told not to shoot on target, and the players actually going with it.

If you haven't already I'd recommend reading Rovers, Agents and Cricket Loving Owners. In fact all supporters should read it, its a salient tale.

(and no, I'm not M. Blackburn or anyone with an interest in the sales of the book)

I made the very same point Azuri a couple of weeks ago on another thread. It would certainly make sense!

My reference was to The Ed Hawkins book; Bookie, Gambler, Fixer, Spy.

While I'm not going to post here defending Venkys, or say there definitely hasn't been any dodgy things going on at Rovers, can somebody please explain to me the whole 'no shots on target' betting theory?

As I remember (and this may be totally wrong), we started with Yakubu and Hoilett just behind him, as far as that season goes that was PROBABLY our strongest attacking partnership ... Is the theory that the players where TOLD not to have a shot on target? Because I really can't see that. I can understand the theory if we are assuming they where told 'sit deep, really deep. All 11 in our half, be rigid, don't counter, retain possession.' and the whole 'betting' theory is that the bet was say, 'less than 5 shots on target', but seriously, NO shots on target specifically? I really can't see the players being told not to shoot on target, and the players actually going with it.

Professional players have jobs to do. If Kean told them "right boys, we are going to defend at all costs today, lets keep the score down" it could lead to a nil in the goals for column.

I too find it hard to believe that the instruction was no shots and the bet was no shots. You'd have to have at least half the players involved and even then it's a bet that could easily fall over.

Archived