BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To date everything venkys have done has been a disaster.

Sacking fat Sam

Decimating the board

Using jerome Anderson

Appointing kean as manager

Not sacking kean

Selling all prem quality players

Replacing said players with current dross

Not sacking kean

Hiring shabby

Appointing berg

Sacking manager before jan window

So appointing this guy whoever he is just more of the same

Appleton's a good local(ish) guy (Salford), was a good honest player whos career was cut very short by a serious injury(and a surgical F-up), worked under some quality managers, learnt the managerial ropes at a struggling club and is very respected in the game, Its disgusting seeing some of the comments on here. If people arent happy with the board/owners that's totally understandable but too take it out on Appleton(before hes even through the door) is pathetic.

also as his playing career was cut so short he's probably got as much coaching and managerial experience as people 10 years his senior.

Trying to look at the positives in this. All can think of is shabbys position as head honcho may become untenable with this appointment and fingers crossed it may just see the back of him. Then at least one cancer been removed. Just the half a dozen others.

It does seem our standards have dropped so low that there mere fact he isn't a Bollywood actor there is a certain degree of reluctance to accept this abomination.

Oh well. Best of luck

Unbelievable Jeff, the Rovers fans are against another manager? Who would have seen this coming?

It's not about who the new manager is. It's the utter diabolical shambles of how we come to the decision of appointing one.

The manager should get support if he is the tramp chewing on said rat. However, the tossers making the decisions are clearly not doing it for the best of the club, for you, for me or for the past 137 years of our tradition.

Appleton's a good local(ish) guy (Salford), was a good honest player whos career was cut very short by a serious injury(and a surgical F-up), worked under some quality managers, learnt the managerial ropes at a struggling club and is very respected in the game, Its disgusting seeing some of the comments on here. If people arent happy with the board/owners that's totally understandable but too take it out on Appleton(before hes even through the door) is pathetic.

also as his playing career was cut so short he's probably got as much coaching and managerial experience as people 10 years his senior.

I agree he should be given a fair crack of the whip before people judge him

It's not about who the new manager is. It's the utter diabolical shambles of how we come to the decision of appointing one.

The manager should get support if he is the tramp chewing on said rat. However, the tossers making the decisions are clearly not doing it for the best of the club, for you, for me or for the past 137 years of our tradition.

I agree with that. I' m not too happy myself but I just don't want us getting portrayed as demons again as fans. I hope everybody gives the guy a chance and doesn't boo the guy

I think Bowyer has made it pretty clear he doesn't want the job and is happy doing a good job with the reserves. Therefore we need a manager, and ASAP so that he can assess the squad before the end of January. Contrary to what Shebby said i'd imagine a player or two could be brought in on loan, and a few of the big earners who don't get in the team can be offloaded. Appleton seems a very level-headed guy who doesn't take nonsense off the players. His record at Blackpool is better than Bergs with us and he will have better players here, although some will disagree.

Obviously it could have been better but that chance went when Berg was appointed and all the very good Championship managers went elsewhere.

If he does get appointed Appleton may well turn out to be very good. Here's hoping.

I agree with that. I' m not too happy myself but I just don't want us getting portrayed as demons again as fans. I hope everybody gives the guy a chance and doesn't boo the guy

Agree with this. He could be a good manager so no need to get on his back until we find out.

At least Bowyer is there to step in if (when?) it does go wrong again

Who cares what the media thinks? Are they seeing their club being destroyed and on the path to liquidation like we are? At every club fans would do the same if they had experienced what we have been through over the past 3 years.

It's a @#/? poor appointment and another example of the club treating the fans like they are idiots. Rovers don't deserve any respect from the fans after what they have done, they have to earn it back. Making appointment mistake after appointment mistake isn't going to achieve that.

What do you want me to say?

It's outrageous rabble rabble rabble

I think God should be in charge rabble rabble rabble

I get my hopes up all the time and cry myself to sleep when Venkys make another decision I' m not happy with rabble rabble rabble

When you've noticed my post wasn't in response to any of yours, perhaps you'll calm down! I did start to respond to one of your's realised I was wrong and edited it out.

Archived