BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

Amazing potential appointment - can only assume nobody else would come.

Blackpool fans I have spoken to are a little split - in one way he has taken away the free flowing football - but he has apparently made them more difficult to beat. To be honest they seem pretty apathetic as to whether he stays or goes.

Amazing - we could have had the previous Blackpool manager - but instead end up with another rookie - go figure.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazing potential appointment - can only assume nobody else would come.

Blackpool fans I have spoken to are a little split - in one way he has taken away the free flowing football - but he has apparently made them more difficult to beat. To be honest they seem pretty apathetic as to whether he stays or goes.

Amazing - we could have had the previous Blackpool manager - but instead end up with another rookie - go figure.

Do they realise the Blackpool manager we wanted left and went to Palace or do they still think they are getting Holloway the dozy @#/?

Guest Norbert

Suppose Ian is bald, and maybe we all 'look the same' to the Raos, so they just keep picking bald white guys until they get the right one.

Do they realise the Blackpool manager we wanted left and went to Palace or do they still think they are getting Holloway the dozy @#/?

Well it's rumoured they didn't think we could be relegated from PL !

Absolutely disgraceful appointment if it's made.

Interested to hear what the Action Group people have to say, following Glen's recent bold statements (will resign from the group / no truth in Appleton / etc).

Seriously, seriously bad appointment.

And the sad thing is, I'm not one bit surprised.

Guest Norbert
Well if dezzer has released this statement to gauge reaction of fans, and is reading this thread, here goes:

You may as well keep bowyer than pay a load of compo for such an underwhelming appointment, and save that money to strengthen the defence and centre midfield!

Bang! There's the right reaction as far as I'm concerned. No point in appointing a very young, inexperienced manager in Appleton when Bowyer has done pretty well so far. Perhaps we're heading towards administration/new owners, and Appleton has experience of that sort of thing. Even the former might not be that bad compared to the keaning keanheads we have now.

Bang! There's the right reaction as far as I'm concerned. No point in appointing a very young, inexperienced manager in Appleton when Bowyer has done pretty well so far. Perhaps we're heading towards administration/new owners, and Appleton has experience of that sort of thing. Even the former might not be that bad compared to the keaning keanheads we have now.

NEW OWNERS, hahaha keep smokin that stuff laddy.

you'd think Bowyer was getting sacked!!!, he's still going to be there and i now imagine he is going to play a massive part in helping any new manager settle in and get to know the squad, ect...

can people not at least try to be positive.

pretty much any new manager comes with a clean slate as far as im concerned(whether it be sparky, fat sam, berg, appleton, sir alex!)

Guest Norbert

you'd think Bowyer was getting sacked!!!, he's still going to be there and i now imagine he is going to play a massive part in helping any new manager settle in and get to know the squad, ect...

pretty much any new manager comes with a clean slate as far as im concerned(whether it be sparky, fat sam, berg, appleton, sir alex!)

Did I say new owners were likely? No.

And I can't be positive about this guy as it is yet another leap into the unknown. Just like Kean, Ince and Berg. Appleton may turn out to be good, but I doubt it.

I think unless the alternative was a proper manager (Hughes, etc), most of us would be happier keeping Bowyer in charge for the rest of the season.

3 good consecutive results in 3 games and got us looking like a team again.

I agree but I think unless it's someone amazing some fans will be disappointed. Surprised they can still be disappointed after the years of outright madness we have put up with

Guest Norbert

I'm disappointed, as he's no different to what we have now (at best), or no different to what we had the last couple of times (at worst). If he turns out to be refreshingly competent like Bowyer and McPhillips, then great. But there is also a chance he may be like the latter. A pretty good chance.

Archived