BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrs Desperate probably thinks she's approved our crack team of executives to head hunt the Blackpool boss who has had them punching above their weight in true rovers style for the past 3 years... Drickshaw won't have told her the boat sailed on that appointment a couple of months ago, in the direction of Crystal Palace. And because she is so busy with her real business interests, she's probably chuckling away to herself that she'll have a new comedian to keep her entertained with his west country witterings, rather than the incomprehensible Scottish gibberish the other idiot used to come out with..

with the article about Murphy talking well with Bowyer and McPhilips, would it not be good to keep both of them and assign Murphy as a plyer coach? He has both sides then, has a laugh with the players in training etc but can also report to bowyer who isnt happy, injured, confused etc etc. That combination could work. Just seen someone on twitter mention it so I thought I would stick it in here

Nothing personal against appleton but my good the club just seems to settle for anything, its like a lucky dip...'eeeeeeh....put your hand in that bag there lads and see what comes out...eeeeh appleton?? whose that?? the chap at blackpool....ooooh right, yeah that'll do...'

Get rid of the lot of them. This team is going down the @#/? unless we rid ourselves of Venkys,Shaw, Agnew, Singh.

Drastic action needs to be taken.

I'm not to bothered about he Appleton approach. It the way the go about it, totally disrespectful. If I was Gary Bowyer I'd tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

Was told by 4 different sources at Rovers on Tuesday no truth in Appleton, as was Cryer also.

The same four sources are as shocked as everyone else that Dick Dasterdly and Mutley have been plotting this move.

I can confirm 100% that the statement stating that was rovers only target is not true, It may be the Shaw's only target but the calibre of Managers who the other side have spoken to including Poyet and O'Driscoll to name but two is of a much higher standard and far more in the idealisms of what many have been mentioning on here.

Bowyer did not know, as did no-one else at the club, and coming just a week after a statement was issued against the owners wishes from the same duo that Bowyer was here until the end of the month, things are really now getting out of hand.

I can only report what I'm told and Appleton being a no-go was passed on in good faith. No-one could have seen the plot going on in the back room as everyone bar the two directors involved were out the loop.

Is this the appointment supporters were expecting? NO, Regardless of his past circumstances his record is worst than Keans and gauging members opinions , there will be a reaction from the Action Group regarding the latest farce in a long list of them.

I will also add that having spoken to a couple of players in the last 24 hours, they are also very upset, and all the harmony which was coming back into the dressing room as just been swept with one foul swoop

A sadly predictable response from a stooge.

BRAG have wrongly involved themselves in the politics of this power struggle since Shebbys arrival and their whole credibility as a group is pinned on his success/survival.

Its amusing but sad to see the lame BRAG attempts at trying to shape public opinion.

Glen Mullen and brag have way overstepped there mark with there reaction and statements in the last few hours disgustin ,manipulative hypocrites, they have cast a far more darker and destructive cloud thany all the 3 amigos combined.
You're a bloody idiot. Nione of this is the fans' fault, not any of them, not any of it. Wake up.

We're in real trouble from top to bottom and all you can think of to do is to attack a fellow fan.

BRAG is your target with this post, in your other post you've attacked fans generally. Nobody's going to boo Appleton (even if he does come), we are not hysterically over-reacting, we are able to see the damage being wrought which has apparently passed you by.

I'm sorry but the latest statement from BRAG is Embarassing the to club. Iv been a big follower of BRAG since day one but now it's turning into shebbys puppets. No statement was ever made web Peter Taylor was being linked with the job but now shaw has got his way they realese a statement undermining Michael Appleton and treating him as a nobody. The statement is disrespectful and not the opinion of the majority of fans. The whole purpose of the statement is to back up Shebby in his power struggle and not aimed to voice supporters concern

Lets not forget Shebby wanted sherwood, McKinley etc whilst shaw wanted holloway. Had we got holloway we would be in a much better position. Brag need to start listening to supporters and not Shebby.

Glen Mullen and brag have way overstepped there mark with there reaction and statements in the last few hours disgustin ,manipulative hypocrites, they have cast a far more darker and destructive cloud thany all the 3 amigos combined.

The way i see all this mess as a supporter of rovers and nothing more than that is BRAG are the only ones doing anything about the mess at ewood and making people aware of it.. I might be wrong so please dont shoot me down but these as a supporter are the only ones i hear of. Not saying they are doing it right but at least they are trying. Unity is need here from all that care about rovers. Things that happen not all people will like but the fight here is for the club.

No, they have not. It's more disgusting to see people make such false condemnations of them despite the great work they have done in an attempt to save our club. I can think of many more disasters happening if they had not stepped in to intervene, with the Gary Filtcroft being an example.

I understand that you don't approve of what they are doing, but your derogatory remark is way over the top.

By the way, the reason why they didn't say anything about the Peter Taylor appointment was because Shebby Singh wasn't particularly interested in Taylor (he was just "considering" him), and was focusing more on Gus Poyet, Discroll, etc, so they knew it was better to leave it to him than to kick up another fuss over an unlikely appointment.

Impossible

This guy basically sums it up very nicely:

Robbie says...

so most fans say they are unhappy with the idea of appleton... BRAG come out and say "we as a group of fans are unhappy and will take action if he is appointed" and the fans turn on brag

idiots

I can't say that Appleton is a step in the right direction. I really don't know why he choose to go to Portsmouth when he was assistant at WBA. Strange really.

I really can't say who we should appoint as our owners seems to mix it up and don't have a clue.

The one thing for sure is that we need proper owners with a proper boardroom.

Steve Kean and Paul Agnew was both friends with Jerome Anderson and close to Kentaro.

Agnew appointed Shaw who was their friend. Then Shebby arrives and gets sneaky and complain with lack of activity.

Kean gets a lot of stick and resign.

Shaw wants OGS or Hughes, but can't get them for some various reasons and turn to Henning Berg in the last minute with Shaws approval.

Then Berg gets sacked, Shebby gets the blame. Now they without talking to the rest of the boardroom, Shaw and Agnew wants to get their friend from Preston Michael Appleton.

We're not stupid.

I really hope Bowyer sticks with it, the only honest man at the club with McPhillips and Dave Fevre.

I know Glenn and Fish and the BRAG is doing everything they can for the best of the club. It seems to me people have forget who started the proceedings in getting Steve Kean out. People seem to forget easily, tragic.

Just been on a Salford RL forum, they're in deep financial dodo yet still managed a few pages of much amusement at the thought of Venkys and Shabby Simples taking over. There comes a point hen you realise it's really not worth it.

The way i see all this mess as a supporter of rovers and nothing more than that is BRAG are the only ones doing anything about the mess at ewood and making people aware of it.. I might be wrong so please dont shoot me down but these as a supporter are the only ones i hear of. Not saying they are doing it right but at least they are trying. Unity is need here from all that care about rovers. Things that happen not all people will like but the fight here is for the club.

Agreed. I never missed a protest last season but now brag (if it was the same lot organising protests) now seem to be moving away from what the fans want and into a shabby puppet role. But I do acknowledge without them the only recourse against the deplorable owners is a few fans venting their anger on brfcs which no one from the venkys will read. We need some sort of action group just with a better leadership and direction. But it comes down to who

I'm stunned by this reaction - is Appleton really that bad? I've heard he's pretty good but not the finished article. He has sorted out that Blackpool defence after only 9 weeks of working there and that defence was atrocious.

Can't comment on whether he's bad or not. I'd never heard of him and I think that's the problem. We keep pursuing these no marks. The only thing we can do is look at his record which is far from exiting.

WBA: 1 game, lost 1, win% 0

Pompey: 51 games, won 13, drew 11, lost 27, win% 25.49

Blackpool: 11 games, won 2, drawn 7, lost 2, win% 18.18

I'm stunned by this reaction - is Appleton really that bad?

I've heard he's pretty good but not the finished article. He has sorted out that Blackpool defence after only 9 weeks of working there and that defence was atrocious.

It's more the situation I think. I'd say Blackburn Rovers have now got to the point were we've penetrated the national consciousness as a comedy club and shabby/shelves/pne keep it going on a daily basis.

Three coaches and a manager were sacked recently and still no one has replaced them meanwhile the three amigos are at each others throats and the so called owners are as silent as ever, "fiddling while Rome burns" comes to mind.

Archived