BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

I'm sorry but the latest statement from BRAG is Embarassing the to club. Iv been a big follower of BRAG since day one but now it's turning into shebbys puppets. No statement was ever made web Peter Taylor was being linked with the job but now shaw has got his way they realese a statement undermining Michael Appleton and treating him as a nobody. The statement is disrespectful and not the opinion of the majority of fans. The whole purpose of the statement is to back up Shebby in his power struggle and not aimed to voice supporters concern

Lets not forget Shebby wanted sherwood, McKinley etc whilst shaw wanted holloway. Had we got holloway we would be in a much better position. Brag need to start listening to supporters and not Shebby.

BRAG are embarrassing the club?!!! I had to read that bit twice because my eyes didn't believe it!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BREAKING NEWS:

The board of Directors of Jessops were this morning sat around drinking coffee and eating biscuits whilst discussing what a shambolic organisation Blackburn Rovers are and how their Board of Directors couldn't run a bath.

Three coaches and a manager were sacked recently and still no one has replaced them meanwhile the three amigos are at each others throats and the so called owners are as silent as ever, "fiddling while Rome burns" comes to mind.

Is that 'fiddling' in the sense of playing a violin?

This guy basically sums it up very nicely:

Robbie says...

so most fans say they are unhappy with the idea of appleton... BRAG come out and say "we as a group of fans are unhappy and will take action if he is appointed" and the fans turn on brag

idiots

Fans should not be interfering, it's that simple. I was not overly impressed by the signings of Friedel and Tugay yet delighted when we signed Kevin Davies. I was spectacularly wrong. What on earth do we know about Appleton/McKinlay et al? Who are we to be judging?

BRAG are embarrassing the club?!!! I had to read that bit twice because my eyes didn't believe it!

Can't say Holloway has done much better than Dougie Freedman, also Holloway lost it at Blackpool. Sorry.

BRAG is doing the right things for the club in my opinion and taking stick.

BREAKING NEWS:

The board of Directors of Jessops were this morning sat around drinking coffee and eating biscuits whilst discussing what a shambolic organisation Blackburn Rovers are and how their Board of Directors couldn't run a bath.

Well something certainly stinks about it.

Fans should not be interfering, it's that simple. I was not overly impressed by the signings of Friedel and Tugay yet delighted when we signed Kevin Davies. I was spectacularly wrong. What on earth do we know about Appleton/McKinlay et al? Who are we to be judging?

The fans should not be interfering you're correct, but you've made the mistake of thinking this through under normal circumstances. Back then we had Hodgson, Souness and Williams making the decisions rightly or wrongly. All of them a million times more qualified and then some.

The people who are making this decision is an Asian football pundit, an ex shelf salesman and the ex club photographer. Pretty much glorified football fans "giving it a go" themselves.

Can't say Holloway has done much better than Dougie Freedman, also Holloway lost it at Blackpool. Sorry.

BRAG is doing the right things for the club in my opinion and taking stick.

I'm sorry but Holloway would be like winning the world cup for me at the moment.

Appleton is not what we were promised, he is not greatly experienced and his experience is not positive.

He could turn out alright but it would be luck not judgement. Rovers fans are entitled to say this as loud as possible.

If you wish to say the opposite, fair enough.

BRAG have overstepped the mark by implying that any new manager has to meet with their approval. What if other fans want Appleton - do their opinions not count? Once again BRAG are engaging in politics and this is why an increasing number of supporters see them as part of the problem not the solution. They continually imply to the national media that they are the voice of the fans when they are the voice of a small clique.

Appleton is not what we were promised, he is not greatly experienced and his experience is not positive.

Appleton is not what Shebby Singh promised us, but this deal was done behind his back by Shaw and Agnew. Agnew, particularly, has a history of dissing and disrespecting our fans, so they probably don't care what we think, or what Shebby Singh promised us.

It's the end of the world if Shebby Singh's choices (Discroll, Poyet) are much better candidates than Shaw and Agnew's Appleton.

How many other supporters groups release a statement saying they won't back a manager before he's even appointed. Lets face facts if Shebby had chosen Appleton then there would be no statement. Iv nothing against brag intact I'm a fan of what they do, but the timing and wording or this statement contradicts there silence when Shebby says Peter Taylor is one of most respected men in english football

BRAG have overstepped the mark by implying that any new manager has to meet with their approval. What if other fans want Appleton - do their opinions not count? Once again BRAG are engaging in politics and this is why an increasing number of supporters see them as part of the problem not the solution. They continually imply to the national media that they are the voice of the fans when they are the voice of a small clique.

I don't give a flying KEAN!

Appleton is not suitable? Try to find one instance of anyone wanting Appleton on these boards or any other forum. He's been cherry picked because of Shaws connections, not on merit. Shaw said himself we needed to go for experience and now is putting his own agenda before what is best for the club.

Why are these people so blind to this? And someone somewhere needs to kick and scream about it to get those prats in Pune to see some sense.

Regardless off it being a huge gamble, this is pure politics at board room level... NOT a decision based on the best interests of Blackburn Rovers football club.

He could turn out alright but it would be luck not judgement. Rovers fans are entitled to say this as loud as possible.

If you wish to say the opposite, fair enough.

Never for one second did i think we would get what we were promised.

Correct, fans are entitled to an opinion. This should be expressed on Ewood during a game when everyone has the chance to voice their thoughts. Naturally, depending on how the team is doing, opinions are formed. Right now 99% of fans could not tell you how Appleton plays for starters and yet we have pathetic statements being released.....again.

Never for one second did i think we would get what we were promised.

Correct, fans are entitled to an opinion. This should be expressed on Ewood during a game when everyone has the chance to voice their thoughts. Naturally, depending on how the team is doing, opinions are formed. Right now 99% of fans could not tell you how Appleton plays for starters and yet we have pathetic statements being released.....again.

There's a reason for that.

I'm completely amazed that people are more concerned with the politics of a fans group than that of the club itself.

You're all insane.

I'm completely amazed that people are more concerned with the politics of a fans group than that of the club itself.

The problem is that this 'fan group' is knee deep in the politics of the club, they have a vested interest in Shebby surviving and therefore they aren't fair or balanced.

They use their position to try and distort reality/manipulate opinion.

How many other supporters groups release a statement saying they won't back a manager before he's even appointed. Lets face facts if Shebby had chosen Appleton then there would be no statement. Iv nothing against brag intact I'm a fan of what they do, but the timing and wording or this statement contradicts there silence when Shebby says Peter Taylor is one of most respected men in english football

I hate to tell you this, but you've sadly gotten it ridiculously wrong.

When Shebby Singh was on the verge of approaching Gary Filtcroft at Fulham before Henning Berg was chosen, it was Blackburn Rovers Action Group who released a statement that voiced their disapproval of Filtcroft, and it was almost identical to the one they had just released. And you know what? Shebby Singh LISTENED to them and pulled off, changing his mind over Filtcroft.

Now we'll have to see if Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew listen to them like Shebby Singh did, or if they will instead stick up their middle fingers at us and laugh while Rovers spiral downward into insanity and relegation to League 1.

There's a reason for that.

You're all insane.

See what you mean about the 99% not knowing due to his lack of experience/success and he would not be on my shortlist for the job either, but the same was said about Bowyer, 3 games later and people like the way his team plays and fights and are gutted he is not getting it. You can only judge managers on the park, not before it.

The fan group has blurred into the club now, that's the issue for many. Whether true or not that is the problem and they just don't see it.

• Backroom
I hate to tell you this, but you've sadly gotten it ridiculously wrong.

When Shebby Singh was on the verge of approaching Gary Filtcroft at Fulham before Henning Berg was chosen, it was Blackburn Rovers Action Group who released a statement that voiced their disapproval of Filtcroft, and it was almost identical to the one they had just released. And you know what? Shebby Singh LISTENED to them and pulled off, changing his mind over Filtcroft.

Now we'll have to see if Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew listen to them like Shebby Singh did, or if they will instead stick up their middle fingers at us and laugh while Rovers spiral downward into insanity and relegation to League 1.

So what? If Flitcroft was the man they wanted, they should've appointed him. To protest against the managerial appointment rather than the owners is stupid. Get rid of the disease rather than hiding the symptoms.

Archived