BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was told by 4 different sources at Rovers on Tuesday no truth in Appleton, as was Cryer also.

The same four sources are as shocked as everyone else that Dick Dasterdly and Mutley have been plotting this move.

I can confirm 100% that the statement stating that was rovers only target is not true, It may be the Shaw's only target but the calibre of Managers who the other side have spoken to including Poyet and O'Driscoll to name but two is of a much higher standard and far more in the idealisms of what many have been mentioning on here.

Bowyer did not know, as did no-one else at the club, and coming just a week after a statement was issued against the owners wishes from the same duo that Bowyer was here until the end of the month, things are really now getting out of hand.

I can only report what I'm told and Appleton being a no-go was passed on in good faith. No-one could have seen the plot going on in the back room as everyone bar the two directors involved were out the loop.

Is this the appointment supporters were expecting? NO, Regardless of his past circumstances his record is worst than Keans and gauging members opinions , there will be a reaction from the Action Group regarding the latest farce in a long list of them.

I will also add that having spoken to a couple of players in the last 24 hours, they are also very upset, and all the harmony which was coming back into the dressing room as just been swept with one foul swoop

Ultimately, a statement is not going to me made on the website without the agreement of the owners. The fact that Shebby is not in the loop would suggest that those who made the statement hold more sway with the owners. If somebody issued that statement without the owners permission then that person or persons would surely know that they would be sacked the following day.

The whole club has become more than a joke and the only people to blame for that are the owners. If Shebby, Shaw and Agnew cannot work together, as it would seem from all that has been said, then a new set of executives should be brought in and the only people who can do that are the owners. However, as they are clueless it is no wonder that we have slumped from one crisis to another over the past two years.

As for Appleton, one can see the logic in appointing him. Shebby stated that the way forward for the club was the long term development of young players through the Academy. That would suggest that they would look for a coach rather than a manager as such. It is difficult to judge Appleton's managerial experience because of the club's he has been with. At Portsmouth he started with a handful of senior players and a bunch of kids. Nobody could have turned that around and it was a case of merely holding the fort and trying to keep the club going on a day to day basis. At Blackpool he inherited a club that was on the wane - hence the previous manager moving on before it fell apart completely.

To me the appointment of Appleton, if he is appointed, suggests that the club have accepted that the Championship is going to be home for some time to come and that they are looking to bring through their own players rather than spend money in the transfer market. It really does smack of a return to the 1970s and 1980s at Ewood Park and is hardly likely to improve attendances or atmosphere on matchdays. As we found out a couple of times in the 1970s, it is easier to slip out of the division at the wrong end than it is to win promotion and if Venky's remain one can see the club continuing to fall.

Glen, to the best of your knowledge just who is doing the hiring and firing because I am totally confused, I don't know if its one of the trio of Shaw Singh and Agnew or all three or even someone else (at Venkys). If its Desai on what basis is she making the decisions as it cant even be financial because keeping Gary Bowyer in charge would have made more sense financially and for the record better allround in my opinion.

Million Dollar question, its changes like the wind

Ultimately, a statement is not going to me made on the website without the agreement of the owners. The fact that Shebby is not in the loop would suggest that those who made the statement hold more sway with the owners. If somebody issued that statement without the owners permission then that person or persons would surely know that they would be sacked the following day.

The whole club has become more than a joke and the only people to blame for that are the owners. If Shebby, Shaw and Agnew cannot work together, as it would seem from all that has been said, then a new set of executives should be brought in and the only people who can do that are the owners. However, as they are clueless it is no wonder that we have slumped from one crisis to another over the past two years.

As for Appleton, one can see the logic in appointing him. Shebby stated that the way forward for the club was the long term development of young players through the Academy. That would suggest that they would look for a coach rather than a manager as such. It is difficult to judge Appleton's managerial experience because of the club's he has been with. At Portsmouth he started with a handful of senior players and a bunch of kids. Nobody could have turned that around and it was a case of merely holding the fort and trying to keep the club going on a day to day basis. At Blackpool he inherited a club that was on the wane - hence the previous manager moving on before it fell apart completely.

To me the appointment of Appleton, if he is appointed, suggests that the club have accepted that the Championship is going to be home for some time to come and that they are looking to bring through their own players rather than spend money in the transfer market. It really does smack of a return to the 1970s and 1980s at Ewood Park and is hardly likely to improve attendances or atmosphere on matchdays. As we found out a couple of times in the 1970s, it is easier to slip out of the division at the wrong end than it is to win promotion and if Venky's remain one can see the club continuing to fall.

The Bowyer statement should not have been issued, and the owners were far from happy it was. Bowyer was also upset about it

The Bowyer statement should not have been issued, and the owners were far from happy it was. Bowyer was also upset about it

If the owners were really unhappy with that statement they would have acted against those who made it. The fact that they haven't would suggest that they weren't too unhappy with it. I can understand Gary being upset but do you really believe that the owners are at all interested in the people working for the club?

Fair enough ! .well you've copped a lot of stick recently but here's a chance for the action group to shine because the stench of rotteness within Rovers is overpowering so if BRAG has any amunition now is the time to use it. Rovers is nearly a carcass.

Shebby Singh is sooooo going to be @#/? off this morning. If he has the power to sack Shaw and Agnew, then I would seriously think he would do it.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the power, he just likes to think he does.

No ones issuing statements against the owners wishes, what team Shagnew have managed to do is what Kean had, dealing direct with Owners and completely sideline Shebby and the rest of the board.

I was worried that this would happen when team Shagnew went to Pune, especially Agnew who would've known from spending time with Kean as to what buttons to press with the owners.

The whole thing is a complete farce, the owners instead of removing all three continue to fan the flames which will do untold and possibly unrepairable long term damage to the future of our club.

So Kamy do we now have a power switch here from Singh to Shagnew,i presume Singh was the main reason behind Bergs appointment that failed,so team Shagnew go to India tell the wicked witch of the east what a balls up he is making of things,and convince her to back there judgement and appoint Appleton.

Lets not forget Venkys appointed Singh to presumeably to sort things out that were a shambles now have they u-turned and support team Shagnew,so where does this leave Singh in the power struggle ?.

What a truely sorry state our club is in,from where we were 3 years ago prior to Venkys to a ramshackle not fit for purpose outfit we are today,makes me weep.

So Kamy do we now have a power switch here from Singh to Shagnew,i presume Singh was the main reason behind Bergs appointment that failed,so team Shagnew go to India tell the wicked witch of the east what a balls up he is making of things,and convince her to back there judgement and appoint Appleton.

Lets not forget Venkys appointed Singh to presumeably to sort things out that were a shambles now have they u-turned and support team Shagnew,so where does this leave Singh in the power struggle ?.

What a truely sorry state our club is in,from where we were 3 years ago prior to Venkys to a ramshackle not fit for purpose outfit we are today,makes me weep.

No point trying to predict owners they change their mind so often that it is hard to keep up.

Whose to say that Shebby will jump on a plane and talk to the owners direct and wrestle power back, but I think that team Shagnew have used his radio appearances on radio 5/radio Lancashire against him.

Completely crazy situation and one that is ripping apart the club.

Was told by 4 different sources at Rovers on Tuesday no truth in Appleton, as was Cryer also.

The same four sources are as shocked as everyone else that Dick Dasterdly and Mutley have been plotting this move.

I can confirm 100% that the statement stating that was rovers only target is not true, It may be the Shaw's only target but the calibre of Managers who the other side have spoken to including Poyet and O'Driscoll to name but two is of a much higher standard and far more in the idealisms of what many have been mentioning on here.

Bowyer did not know, as did no-one else at the club, and coming just a week after a statement was issued against the owners wishes from the same duo that Bowyer was here until the end of the month, things are really now getting out of hand.

I can only report what I'm told and Appleton being a no-go was passed on in good faith. No-one could have seen the plot going on in the back room as everyone bar the two directors involved were out the loop.

Is this the appointment supporters were expecting? NO, Regardless of his past circumstances his record is worst than Keans and gauging members opinions , there will be a reaction from the Action Group regarding the latest farce in a long list of them.

I will also add that having spoken to a couple of players in the last 24 hours, they are also very upset, and all the harmony which was coming back into the dressing room as just been swept with one foul swoop

You've got to point the finger at Derek Shaw & Paul Agnew for allowing that information to be released with the full knowledge that it may cause disharmony.

Very very unprofessional and shows how completely out of their depth some people at the club are.

What a feckin mess.

IMO, the only way we will ever seen peace and unity in our club is for Venky's, Agnew, Singh, Shaw and BRAG all to go.

Again, IMO, they are doing, and have done, untold damage to our club with their selfish agendas and squabbles.

Well feckin tough.

They are ludicrously well paid employees of the club.

It is not their role to choose who coaches and managers them.

It's simple - they should give 100% in every training session and match.

You should be telling them this.

Glen I Apprechiate what you do for the supporters but not sure how you can back people like Peter Taylor because its shebby a choice and knock appletons record at pompy who were in turmoil?

I know a couple of Blackpool players personally and they say he's a fantastic manager who is very professional and thorough with his preparation. If you read Charlie Adams latest tweets he backs up that the players highly rate Appleton. Although Appleton isn't everybody choice ( mine included ) he's a hell of a lot better than the dross were linked with and much better than berg.

People need to remember bowyer doesn't want the job and neither do any big names people fantasise about like Hughes , curbishley , poyet. For me Appleton isn't a bad shout

Glen I Apprechiate what you do for the supporters but not sure how you can back people like Peter Taylor because its shebby a choice and knock appletons record at pompy who were in turmoil?

I know a couple of Blackpool players personally and they say he's a fantastic manager who is very professional and thorough with his preparation. If you read Charlie Adams latest tweets he backs up that the players highly rate Appleton. Although Appleton isn't everybody choice ( mine included ) he's a hell of a lot better than the dross were linked with and much better than berg.

People need to remember bowyer doesn't want the job and neither do any big names people fantasise about like Hughes , curbishley , poyet. For me Appleton isn't a bad shout

I didnt back Taylor, I added to the debate that supporters had said vastly experienced. Do I want Taylor? Hell no

An excellent post.

Appleton strikes me as a Berg type character, a bit dour etc, he has no experience of managing high profile, opinionated

players like Murphy, CKR etc, this approach seems to me that it's one of association by team 'Shagnew'

Lets not forget its the players who win matches, not the boardroom.

I didnt back Taylor, I added to the debate that supporters had said vastly experienced. Do I want Taylor? Hell no

Could have fooled me.

IMO, you did a pretty good job a few days ago with a post on this MB trying to justify a Taylor appointment.

This has turned into more than a joke now.

Imo singh kept telling the venkys that he could sort this mess out, Venkys reluctantly then said go to Blackburn show us what you can do. Singh came all excited thinking the owners had complete faith in him and would back his every move, he soon realised this wasn't the case as every move he tried to make shagnew and kean told the venkys it was the wrong move, making the venkys unsure which way to go.

After kean was gone shebby made a big mistake he tries to go for an upcoming manager thinking if I get this gamble right the venkys will have total trust in me. The gamble didn't pay off and so shagnew went to pune and have convinced venkys they know better.

Imo no agendas just a family that has been surrounded by money hungry wolves smelling blood knowing these guys know nothing about the game. They've no idea who to trust.

Imagine being in a market in India and every seller seeing you're foreign and easy pickings running to you smiling saying come with me dont trust the others. Thats how the venkys feel.

Archived