BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree he should be given a fair crack of the whip before people judge him

Dwayne it is not about the appointment of Appleton I'm sure people will give him a fair crack of the whip the point is when you have people like Sven,Davies,Brown & Curbishley who are all infinitely more experienced than appleton and are far more likely to get us into the play offs and give us a chance they choose to go again with inexperience even Poyet stands more of a chance and after how the last inexperienced manager got on we were hoping they had learned something.

booth, on 09 Jan 2013 - 22:47, said:snapback.png

'Appleton has one more win than Henning Berg and he's had two more games. Yet Berg was deemed sackable and they've gone for Appleton to succeed him, and are also willing to pay compensation to get him.

If you made it up, no one would believe it'.

In terms of any sort of logic (yes, Shaw will claim it is a logical, thought through appointment), the above post blows this strange approach out of the water........

My main issue with it is Appleton's demeanour and manner, he really does not inspire confidence on any level. Not a single poster has mentioned this. The Blackpool fans predicted that he would take the club backwards with safety first, cautious tactics and lose or draw too many games.

They were right, and this is also my prediction if he succeeds the hapless Berg and Kean.

Happy days.

........and this approach for Appleton following the 'Bowyer til end of Jan' statement totally undermines Bowyer's prep for Friday, a massive game against fellow potential relegation candidates..........

I agree with that. I' m not too happy myself but I just don't want us getting portrayed as demons again as fans. I hope everybody gives the guy a chance and doesn't boo the guy

From what I've seen, journalists appear to be quite amazed at what's going on with the Kean/berg/Shebby/Judan Ali/Shaw/Agnew/looney punes flying circus. For once they seem on our side.

Unbelievable Jeff, the Rovers fans are against another manager? Who would have seen this coming?

Why should the fans have any reason for optimism? Why do you treat them as fools rather than the owners who are totally to blame in all this? No-one hates him, no-one will boo him for his first few games, it's just that hardly anyone will be excited by this appointment and most will expect it to fail.

This is what we've been conditioned to by over 2 years of woeful decision- making by the owners.

I cannot stand posters who take a superior stance against the common, run of the mill fan and imply they are reasonable and the fans are not.

There--- an actual response to you!

Dwayne it is not about the appointment of Appleton I'm sure people will give him a fair crack of the whip the point is when you have people like Sven,Davies,Brown & Curbishley who are all infinitely more experienced than appleton and are far more likely to get us into the play offs and give us a chance they choose to go again with inexperience even Poyet stands more of a chance and after how the last inexperienced manager got on we were hoping they had learned something.

I understand all of that and as I say he isn't my first choice and is in fact far off it. It's not really his fault that our owners are morons without a clue though. I would love Poyet and wouldn't mind Brown if he like he said he put his name forward, alas with our owners if was not meant to be, hope people give Appleton time though.

Why should the fans have any reason for optimism? Why do you treat them as fools rather than the owners who are totally to blame in all this? No-one hates him, no-one will boo him for his first few games, it's just that hardly anyone will be excited by this appointment and most will expect it to fail.

This is what we've been conditioned to by over 2 years of woeful decision- making by the owners.

I cannot stand posters who take a superior stance against the common, run of the mill fan and imply they are reasonable and the fans are not.

There--- an actual response to you!

I take back my apology now maybe you need to calm down. I have sided with the majority of people on the owners and in no way think am superior to anyone else. At no time have I said the fans should be optimistic so you might want to read back and see that. If anything I have said the fans should be used to disappointment by now. I hate the owners just as much as the next guy but it seems anyone who isn't Hughes (a failure at QPR with multi- million budget) and Poyet (a good choice) is wrong for us.

Better than all of those in the Poll, with the possible exception of Davies. Sven has had his day. Bowyer is far less experienced. Up and coming, well respected, may be really good, may not be. But this is the sort of manager that we can now attract. We are Championship. Blackpool have only lost 2 since he went there. Had we had him then, i am sure that we would have had more than 2 wins as we have a better strike force. Forget about anyone who is a bigger name, they won't come anywhere near the circus, and would cost us far too much to get rid of. Hope he's as good as Howard Kendall.

I think it is safe to say singh had no idea about the approach - or even the interest. Said it for weeks, club needs to sort out the top

Anyway night all. Long day tmrw I fear. Nice of rovers to release this for gary bowyer to deal with at presser tmrw!

just proves how unproffesional Rovers have become with Venkys in charge followed by 3 stooges...The Raos need to appoint some proper competent football people if the club is ever to move forward under their regime...or is Appleton the man for the job used to working for basket case owners and interfering Nobodies as the club end up in Admin then he is also used to working under extreme financial restraint - alarm bells ringing..mmmm

The one thing I doubt anyone will get there head round is Appleton was linked last time so why after chucking money down the drain paying all the backroom staff plus Berg then go and fork out more money on compensation to Blackpool for a guy who isnt the experienced guy we neeed ?? the mind bogggles if it's true he 's fell out with Oyston can't see him lasting long with Singh...

As mercerman states we are no longer shopping at Waitrose more like home bargains...just can't believe how far Rovers have fallen under these inept clowns

Appleton's a good local(ish) guy (Salford), was a good honest player whos career was cut very short by a serious injury(and a surgical F-up), worked under some quality managers, learnt the managerial ropes at a struggling club and is very respected in the game, Its disgusting seeing some of the comments on here. If people arent happy with the board/owners that's totally understandable but too take it out on Appleton(before hes even through the door) is pathetic.

also as his playing career was cut so short he's probably got as much coaching and managerial experience as people 10 years his senior.

I think what we are seeing is more a reaction to what we were promised and another farcical situation of telling Bowyer it's his till end of January then a complete about face in less than a week. Were we not told we would hire a manager with Premier league experience, did the clowns not release a statement saying they wanted to get it right? WHAT A LOAD OF @#/? The morons running this club have now guaranteed us another L come Friday. They have no doubt completely poured cold water on the slight feel good factor we had with three wins. Is this why they've done it. Is someone trying to make sure we don't get any better than when kean was here. I just can not believe this lot. I don't even know anymore. I try to keep BRFC seperate from these clowns in my mind, telling myself it's still Blackburn Rovers but I don't think I can deal with much more of these total idiots.

Was told by 4 different sources at Rovers on Tuesday no truth in Appleton, as was Cryer also.

The same four sources are as shocked as everyone else that Dick Dasterdly and Mutley have been plotting this move.

I can confirm 100% that the statement stating that was rovers only target is not true, It may be the Shaw's only target but the calibre of Managers who the other side have spoken to including Poyet and O'Driscoll to name but two is of a much higher standard and far more in the idealisms of what many have been mentioning on here.

Bowyer did not know, as did no-one else at the club, and coming just a week after a statement was issued against the owners wishes from the same duo that Bowyer was here until the end of the month, things are really now getting out of hand.

I can only report what I'm told and Appleton being a no-go was passed on in good faith. No-one could have seen the plot going on in the back room as everyone bar the two directors involved were out the loop.

Is this the appointment supporters were expecting? NO, Regardless of his past circumstances his record is worst than Keans and gauging members opinions , there will be a reaction from the Action Group regarding the latest farce in a long list of them.

I will also add that having spoken to a couple of players in the last 24 hours, they are also very upset, and all the harmony which was coming back into the dressing room as just been swept with one foul swoop

Was told by 4 different sources at Rovers on Tuesday no truth in Appleton, as was Cryer also.

The same four sources are as shocked as everyone else that Dick Dasterdly and Mutley have been plotting this move.

I can confirm 100% that the statement stating that was rovers only target is not true, It may be the Shaw's only target but the calibre of Managers who the other side have spoken to including Poyet and O'Driscoll to name but two is of a much higher standard and far more in the idealisms of what many have been mentioning on here.

Bowyer did not know, as did no-one else at the club, and coming just a week after a statement was issued against the owners wishes from the same duo that Bowyer was here until the end of the month, things are really now getting out of hand.

I can only report what I'm told and Appleton being a no-go was passed on in good faith. No-one could have seen the plot going on in the back room as everyone bar the two directors involved were out the loop.

Is this the appointment supporters were expecting? NO, Regardless of his past circumstances his record is worst than Keans and gauging members opinions , there will be a reaction from the Action Group regarding the latest farce in a long list of them.

Glen if there was no truth in it quite a few bets went on him from somewhere around mid morning on Tuesday...IMO with the 3 stooges it just proves how unproffesional and unqualified Singh , Agnew and Shaw are at their jobs..totally unfair to put Bowyer in an awkward position ahead of the presser

Glen, if statements are being issued against the owners (in this case I presume your referring to Venky's) wishes, then why are the people issuing the statements not sacked, or is it a case that these people can not be sacked because in the famous words of he who can not be named there are dark forces at work

With the recent manager pay outs and potential pay outs seems to be a hell of a lot of money leaving the club at the moment,

Glen, if statements are being issued against the owners (in this case I presume your referring to Venky's) wishes, then why are the people issuing the statements not sacked, or is it a case that these people can not be sacked because in the famous words of he who can not be named there are dark forces at work

With the recent manager pay outs and potential pay outs seems to be a hell of a lot of money leaving the club at the moment,

We will be making contact with the FA this morning regarding some further information which has to come to light, finger well and trully on the pulse

Glen, to the best of your knowledge just who is doing the hiring and firing because I am totally confused, I don't know if its one of the trio of Shaw Singh and Agnew or all three or even someone else (at Venkys). If its Desai on what basis is she making the decisions as it cant even be financial because keeping Gary Bowyer in charge would have made more sense financially and for the record better allround in my opinion.

No ones issuing statements against the owners wishes, what team Shagnew have managed to do is what Kean had, dealing direct with Owners and completely sideline Shebby and the rest of the board.

I was worried that this would happen when team Shagnew went to Pune, especially Agnew who would've known from spending time with Kean as to what buttons to press with the owners.

The whole thing is a complete farce, the owners instead of removing all three continue to fan the flames which will do untold and possibly unrepairable long term damage to the future of our club.

Bowyer has done a great job, three wins out of three, seems to be a fantastic spirit it the squad, better atmosphere,

He knows the club, staff and players inside out and has put us back in contention for possible promotion

If it ain't broke, don't fix it !!

No ones issuing statements against the owners wishes, what team Shagnew have managed to do is what Kean had, dealing direct with Owners and completely sideline Shebby and the rest of the board.

I was worried that this would happen when team Shagnew went to Pune, especially Agnew who would've known from spending time with Kean as to what buttons to press with the owners.

The whole thing is a complete farce, the owners instead of removing all three continue to fan the flames which will do untold and possibly unrepairable long term damage to the future of our club.

I am afraid the stupid woman will never learn, we are back to square 1 - Appleton may be OK, we dont know (though he is well respected within the game by some of the big management names) but we should all be working together, there is too much cloak and dagger stuff going on, dont know what to say, the owners at best are bloody crackers!!

Cheers Kamy, the term buttons pressed could easily be taken considering Agnew's associates as what he / they know. Any idea who would be arranging any Appleton appointment if it happens i.e agency, certainly seems to be a change of plan to get somebody in before the transfer window shuts

The main concern to me is why (if it happens) are we paying for the release of a manager of this calibre when we have somebody currently doing a reasonable job, just seems to me somebody is creating money making opportunities

I will also add that having spoken to a couple of players in the last 24 hours, they are also very upset, and all the harmony which was coming back into the dressing room as just been swept with one foul swoop

Glen, I've given you and the Action Group stick over various issues in the past and I've also been sceptical of the Action Group's involvement with club matters.

If what you've posted above is true, I have to say, now is a time where fans need to get onside with the Action Group voicing concern about how things are happening.

Whether or not Appleton is a sound appointment, what is happening is indicative of the omnishambles that the club is. Reneging the statement that Bowyer would be in charge 'til the end of the month - which at least gave some level of stability for the squad - confirms that noone in a position of authority at the club has any idea what they're doing. Releasing a statement that an approach has been made smacks of amateurism and one upmanship. The future of the club is at stake with every decision that is made and now is not the time for petty infighting, especially in the Boardroom.

You have my full backing for whatever you choose to do to tackle "Shagnew" (a wonderful port-manteau, by the way).

In this instance, it's a case of "In BRAG I trust."

Archived