BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to tell you this, but you've sadly gotten it ridiculously wrong.

When Shebby Singh was on the verge of approaching Gary Filtcroft at Fulham before Henning Berg was chosen, it was Blackburn Rovers Action Group who released a statement that voiced their disapproval of Filtcroft, and it was almost identical to the one they had just released. And you know what? Shebby Singh LISTENED to them and pulled off, changing his mind over Filtcroft.

Now we'll have to see if Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew listen to them like Shebby Singh did, or if they will instead stick up their middle fingers at us and laugh while Rovers spiral downward into insanity and relegation to League 1.

Let's hope they don't listen to a clique of fans. If they believe he is the right man for the job they should appoint. Fans cannot be allowed to make decisions about the playing side of things. Jack didn't allow them to do so and neither did John Williams.

Let's hope they don't listen to a clique of fans. If they believe he is the right man for the job they should appoint. Fans cannot be allowed to make decisions about the playing side of things. Jack didn't allow them to do so and neither did John Williams.

Great comparison! Raos, Jack and John! I think the quality has gone down a bit since those good old days!

What if Shaw wanted to appoint a gerbil named Timothy?

Okay that's ridiculous but what I'm getting at is, where is the lined drawn? We aren't being ran by Jack or anyone anywhere near his intelligence and it seems with every name being mooted we seem to be scraping the barrel more and more.

What you are basically saying is that we as fans should allow three amateurs, who are using this decision to better each other rather than the good of the club, to just make one disastrous decision after another.

When Shebby Singh was on the verge of approaching Gary Filtcroft at Fulham before Henning Berg was chosen, it was Blackburn Rovers Action Group who released a statement that voiced their disapproval of Filtcroft, and it was almost identical to the one they had just released. And you know what? Shebby Singh LISTENED to them and pulled off, changing his mind over Filtcroft.

Now we'll have to see if Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew listen to them like Shebby Singh did, or if they will instead stick up their middle fingers at us and

Great comparison! Raos, Jack and John! I think the quality has gone down a bit since those good old days!

At the end of the day 47er whoever owns the club makes the decisions. If you are able to spend £20 to £30 million to buy the club you would be entitled to make the decisions. As fans we are entitled to opinions and nothing more. That is my issue with the Trust. If you own 51 per cent of the club you can make the decisions if you own less you can express an opinion but the majority shareholder will make the decisions. We may not like the owners but until they sell they have the right to make the decisions. Ultimately, I'm not sure what qualifications members of BRAG have to pass judgement on any manager. Appleton has a decent reputation within the game as a promising young coach who has stepped up to being a promising young manager. I wonder of BRAG had been around when Howard Kendall was appointed if they would have objected to him because he had no previous experience apart from one season as a player-coach at Stoke. At the end of the day directors should take soundings within the game and then make a decision about a manager and appoint irrespective of what fans think. If they get it wrong - Iley, Ince and Kean readily spring to mind the fans will soon let them know.

Under normal circumstances, when a club goes public about making an approach to another club's manager, it's because they know the manager wants to come. It's basically saying to Appleton "the job is yours, but Oyston has rejected our approach and the next move is down to you".

That's under normal circumstances. I can't believe Shaw would go public without knowing Appleton wants the job.

BRAG have overstepped the mark by implying that any new manager has to meet with their approval. What if other fans want Appleton - do their opinions not count? Once again BRAG are engaging in politics and this is why an increasing number of supporters see them as part of the problem not the solution. They continually imply to the national media that they are the voice of the fans when they are the voice of a small clique.

Completely agree. He is an in-work manager at the level we are at and apparently highly respected in the game. The last name, who did not generate a BRAG statement full of threats, was out of work and had been sacked from his last few jobs, all at a level lower than we are now. Equally, Berg was out of management for over a year and had no experience in England. There is absolutely no supportable logic for a "fans" revolt over us approaching the manager of a club one point below us.

My take for what it's worth, really relates to the methods employed. Venkys do seem more remote by the day - they now have the ear of the Shadow and the Shelver, and appear to bend like a tree in the wind. I accept they make the decisions, but it seems to me they aren't actually making any decisions, and leaving it to the three goons who are within Ewood.

They are now playing fast and loose with the club in a personal game of one upmanship. Whether they appoint Appleton or not, the way they have gone about it is appalling, and brings into question their motives.

I am in the camp of supporting him if he comes. But it seems the players are already unsettled again, and the bottom line is they will get us a result on Friday, the Saturday after, not Shaw/Singh or Agnew. They are just undermining the club from within. And it stinks.

Appleton is not what Shebby Singh promised us, but this deal was done behind his back by Shaw and Agnew. Agnew, particularly, has a history of dissing and disrespecting our fans, so they probably don't care what we think, or what Shebby Singh promised us.

It's the end of the world if Shebby Singh's choices (Discroll, Poyet) are much better candidates than Shaw and Agnew's Appleton.

Shebby had his turn and picked the plantpot Berg just cos he was a former player. Can't believe the absurd abuse for the potential Appleton appointment seems quite logical to me remember we are little Blackburn Rovers who have punched way beyond our weight for the last 10yrs or more. No well known experienced manager Hughes / SGE would give us a second glance and I would take an upcoming Mgr like Appleton over the failed has beens i.e Davies / Brown which have been championed on this thread. Don't forget the 'fans group' created a website/facebook page condemning the potential of Big Sam in preference for Ince history and I don't need to say anything further.

Shebby had his turn and picked the plantpot Berg just cos he was a former player. Can't believe the absurd abuse for the potential Appleton appointment seems quite logical to me remember we are little Blackburn Rovers who have punched way beyond our weight for the last 10yrs or more. No well known experienced manager Hughes / SGE would give us a second glance and I would take an upcoming Mgr like Appleton over the failed has beens i.e Davies / Brown which have been championed on this thread. Don't forget the 'fans group' created a website/facebook page condemning the potential of Big Sam in preference for Ince history and I don't need to say anything further.

So you call Berg a plantpot but then say you want another "up and coming manager" over an experienced one.

Then you say Davies is a failed has been.

double-facepalm1.jpg

Now we'll have to see if Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew listen to them like Shebby Singh did, or if they will instead stick up their middle fingers at us and laugh while Rovers spiral downward into insanity and relegation to League 1.

I agree with your sentiments, but just to be pedantic, it was McKinlay not Flitcroft.

So you call Berg a plantpot but then say you want another "up and coming manager" over an experienced one.

YES, you tell me who realistically you would appoint. Appleton seems to be the best of a mediocre bunch imo

Then you say Davies is a failed has been.

One promotion ( via the play offs ) in seven years - won nowt - not been employed since June 2011 tells its own story. How else could you describe that

double-facepalm1.jpg

Archived