BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 2 - With Poll

Next Rovers Manager  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Which, if any of the following would be acceptable as the new manager to you?

• Sven Goran Erikkson
    • Mark Bowen
    • Peter Taylor
    • Billy Davies
    • Gary Bowyer
    • Judan Ali/Kevin MacDonald Combi
    • Shebby Singh
    • Phil Brown
    • None of the above

Interesting comments from the same guy in the week who said we had a young manager lined up. It appears he was right - Appleton was being lined up. What is interesting is that he is saying that Shebby is behind this move as well.

Shebby Singh working his magic again! Appleton will be a brilliant appointment. Did superbly at #Pompey and has started well at#blackpoolfc

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL amazing. Only Keanites said that. Appleton is by far a better manager. No contest.

You have no way or knowledge to back that statement up.

It's like looking out of your window and guessing the names of strangers passing by. It's all guesswork.

And on a general note: Why is win % the statistic being looked at for potential new managers? Surely points per game is a much better way of judging someones league record? After all, there's a big difference between 30% win rate with a 50% draw rate, and a 30% win rate and 20% draw rate: namely 1.4 ppg vs 1.1 ppg. Or 53 points vs 42 over a 38 game season. The argument for win % would be cup games, but a raw win % statistic says nothing about where these wins come either.

I think that's because they are stats listed on most Wikipedia articles, the site most that most fans will research to back up their opinion.

What is a acceptable win % for the sake of discussion? 30%, 40%?

I think that's because they are stats listed on most Wikipedia articles, the site most that most fans will research to back up their opinion.

What is a acceptable win % for the sake of discussion? 30%, 40%?

Anything over 40 is normally good in the Prem although not good enough for promotion to it.

From what I'm seeing, I believe that Appleton is a choice that both Shagnew and Shebby have agreed to. I think we're reading too much into the Shaw making the announcement.

I don't think people are reading too much into Shaw making the announcement. I reckon if it wasn't important to quote a name, a name wouldn't have been quoted and the statement would have read "The 'officials' or 'executives' or 'the senior staff' of Blackburn Rovers Football Club...."

Maybe it's Shaw's attempt to readdress the balance after Singh has been quite active in recent weeks, particularly on lack and national radio?

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

The noises from india are still no apppointment until end of month!!!!! This gets crazier. We will see

Perhaps they are seeing what the fans reaction is first?

Though it's more likely that owners, Shaw/Agnew and SS are all pulling in totally different directions and the communication between all is absolutely terrible.

Andrew Cryer@CryerRovers

The noises from india are still no apppointment until end of month!!!!! This gets crazier. We will see

That's not crazy, that's probably the only sane decision Venkys have made in this moment of madness. I would rather they delay the appointment until the end of the month instead of jumping the gun and appointing Michael Appleton. The guy might be promising and all, but I feel that after the debacle with Henning Berg (who was supposed to be promising as well), an experienced manager is what we sorely need.

I don't think people are reading too much into Shaw making the announcement. I reckon if it wasn't important to quote a name, a name wouldn't have been quoted and the statement would have read "The 'officials' or 'executives' or 'the senior staff' of Blackburn Rovers Football Club...."

Maybe it's Shaw's attempt to readdress the balance after Singh has been quite active in recent weeks, particularly on lack and national radio?

That's a fair point. I just think that this is a decision that both Shebby and Shaw have made. And yes, maybe Shaw's name has been put on to re-address balance.

That's a fair point. I just think that this is a decision that both Shebby and Shaw have made. And yes, maybe Shaw's name has been put on to re-address balance.

I don't know, it was reported by Andy Cryer on the Lancashire Telegraph that Shebby Singh knew absolutely nothing about this. So either Andy Cryer is lying, or......

Just looking at the poll above where billy Davis comes out on top. And phil brown on goals on Sunday he seemed keen on the job (as much as anything because it was local to him though).

So would anyone actually be disappointed by his appointment? Seems all these crazy names get mentioned but one of the very few I personally wouldn't mind doesn't even get a sniff.

I don't know, it was reported by Andy Cryer on the Lancashire Telegraph that Shebby Singh knew absolutely nothing about this. So either Andy Cryer is lying, or......

Indeed he did. But he also said there was nothing in the Appleton rumours. I do think Cryer, Kamy and Glen are very well informed and so he may well be right.

This the circus we have come where we are discussing directors and executives instead of the footballing people. People like Shaw and Shebby shouldn't be talked about, giving them fame they don't deserve. I honestly believe we should stop talking about them and only talk about on the field matters.

If it was a joint decision to approach for Appleton, Singh's name would have also been in that statement too, but instead Blackburn Rovers are continuing to demonstrate there is a growing split in the boardroom. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Shebby Singh appearing on a media outlet in the coming days almost contradicting what is being reported in the Official Website...

If it was a joint decision to approach for Appleton, Singh's name would have also been in that statement too, but instead Blackburn Rovers are continuing to demonstrate there is a growing split in the boardroom. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Shebby Singh appearing on a media outlet in the coming days almost contradicting what is being reported in the Official Website...

He completely contradicted what one of the owners said recently so it wouldn't surprise me.

You could paint a plant pot blue and white, give it the job and some on here would back it.

Comparing Appleton to Davies and Brown is quite frankly laughable. These are experienced managers who have managed in this tough division and achieved promotion. What has Appleton done?

Until the plant pot is fired, at which point those fans who originally wanted him call him a plant pot and express a desire to appoint another plant pot while dissing fans who don't want a plant pot. See below.

Shebby had his turn and picked the plantpot Berg just cos he was a former player. Can't believe the absurd abuse for the potential Appleton appointment seems quite logical to me remember we are little Blackburn Rovers who have punched way beyond our weight for the last 10yrs or more. No well known experienced manager Hughes / SGE would give us a second glance and I would take an upcoming Mgr like Appleton over the failed has beens i.e Davies / Brown which have been championed on this thread. Don't forget the 'fans group' created a website/facebook page condemning the potential of Big Sam in preference for Ince history and I don't need to say anything further.

Archived