BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers or religion ?

ABBEY

Without turning this into race / religion thread ...

After listening to the podcast and it being said that the owners won't announce a manager until start of the month due to Hindu superstition . What does it mean to us as a club that it appears that religion means more to them than rovers survival.

If it's a genuine reason and not an(other) excuse not to act, then I'm afraid we have to live with it. You cannot change people's deeply held beliefs.

However, are we supposed to believe that no Indian businesses make decisions because of religious festivals or beliefs - or even have people in place who are able to continue whilst these events take place? Sounds dubious to me.

It's difficult to fathom why they bought a football club, allowed the club's experienced and well respected administrators who had the club at heart, (and instead listened to people who had personal financial interests at stake), then sat back and watched it fail.

I can only think they thought that - in the absence of relegation - they could acquire global publicity whilst cutting costs across the board (literally and metaphorically) and think, "never mind, someone has to finish bottom, we'll try again next year".

It's easy to suggest that, by the time they found out how it all worked, they were so confused that they have been paralysed by fear every time a big decision has come up. Ironic really that they have still got everything wrong!

As they say in football, indecision is final.

Can't say I've got much knowledge of Hinduism so I don't know how true this could be but from what I understand they do take their religion very seriously so it could be legit. Although like Stuart says it'd be hard to believe no Hindu business make decisions during this period.

My deeply held belief is these clowns are the biggest fukwits I have ever had the unfortunate "pleasure" to experience. I really am amazed at their never ending ability to come up with new and inovative ways to screw up our club.

Here's a heartfelt religious thought, for Gods sake get the hell out of our club and concentrate on chicken @#/? which seems to be the level of your intelligence.

Just to flip it in its head, has any club ever announced a new manager on Christmas Day?

That's a good point but we are talking about a festival period, which I am sure there have been appointments during the Christmas / New Year period, quickly searched and Alan Pardew was appointed Charlton Manager on Christmas Eve 2006.

But do understand were you are coming from and they take their religion a bit more seriously,

Well, it's a game played in a christian country, or perhaps I should say a secular country with holidays based on christian festivals. if you're going to operate in it, you have to work around that.

Wasn't that useless fat @#/? with the beard meant to be coming over to sort out a crisis at some point, but put it back to accommodate the Lord Ganesha festival?

And while I'm at it, doesn't Balaji look like a Female to Male transexual?

According to this Christmas day football popular in the 50's and faded in the 60's Blackpool v Rovers one of the last of that period. Must admit couldn't remember a Rovers Xmas day game while I was going, must have been an hell of a boozey Xmas that year Abbey :)http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow16.htm

Seem to remember , early 80's . I wouldn't swear to it .. Shrewsbury maybe ?

They used to play on Christmas day up until the end of the 50's but I don't recall any Christmas day fixtures while I have been following them.

According to this Christmas day football popular in the 50's and faded in the 60's Blackpool v Rovers one of the last of that period. Must admit couldn't remember a Rovers Xmas day game while I was going, must have been an hell of a boozey Xmas that year Abbey :)http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow16.htm
You're not old enough!

I remember the Blackpool game.

Religions have their own calendars, so the likelihood of the entire month of January being significant in terms of their beliefs is pretty small. I think the Hindu months end around the middle of a Gregorian month, the Islamic month of Safar ends on the 10th or 11th of this month and the Jewish month of Tevet also ends on the 11th.

Are they Scientologists?

Basically, the only notable thing about January is that it's the only month during the season where they could possibly put their hands in their pockets for Rovers, but they've come up with a convenient excuse.

Oh FFS, if John Williams and Tom Finn were still running their business for them, then they could enjoy their religious festival, happily knowing that the right manager would be put in place. Its just excuse after excuse with these people, and like everybody has said, the sooner they leave, the better

Just to flip it in its head, has any club ever announced a new manager on Christmas Day?

Probably not but there are no newspapers that day in many countries and who watches the TV news. That's a one day practicality. Doesn't mean nobody is deciding on a manager to be announced as soon as they can afterwrds

I'd love a game of footy on Christmas Day, would give me something to do!!

Didn't it used to be that you'd play a local derby on Christmas Day, then on Boxing Day you'd play the reverse fixture.

As for venkys....why has it only all of a sudden affected them this January, what about the past two Januarys, or are they born-again Hindus?

Didn't it used to be that you'd play a local derby on Christmas Day, then on Boxing Day you'd play the reverse fixture.

Not always a derby game. If either day fell on Sunday there wasn't a game.

I can remember Rovers winning away at West Ham 8 - 2 and then losing the return fixture two days later at Ewood 1 - 3.

Archived