BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha can imagine that ruffled a few feathers. With the exception of Rhodes, Henley and Jake Kean the others can all feck off if they don't like being proper professionals. It may knock performances in the short term but we ain't ever getting promoted/playoffs this season so would rather get the personnel and culture in the club sorted out this season to mount a decent push next term round.

Or at the least be mid table with a load of young hungry lads who we can get behind and support...

+100

This season has gone, The only way Appleton can turn this around is a mass exodus.

First out would be CKR and Murphy. Followed quickly by Dann, Peds, Dunn, Robinson, Givet, Orr, ollsen (both of em), Formica, Etuhu, Goodwillie, Edinho, Henrique, Rosado etc.

Offer them on free's, pay them off, whatever just get rid,,,(They managed to do it with Nelsen, Salgado etc last year). I can guarantee our results wouldn't be any worse of they left the club. They offer nothing and their attitude stinks. Premiership primadonnas.

It would certainly cushion the wage bill if nothing else.

If we have little money then look at free transfers, loans from the prem and cheap signings.

Build a team around Rhodes and Best as that is the only area of the team with any quality. Accommodate them both and play a system that suits. 4-4-2 would seem to be ideal. NOT4-2-3-1 etc - great for Europe but not the championship. Make the midfield two solid, use Nunes and King out wide. Add some height at the back.

We may then at least have a shout at the playoffs next year.

Madness. We've moaned for ages about not having leaders or people who have any kind of experience and then you're saying sell or give away the lot. it's a balancing act. get rid of some, yes, i fully agree but not the lot and certainly not bring in a whole new team. that doesn't work either or QPR wouldn't be where they are and they brought their lot in with a chance at preseason - we'd have to do it with games coming thick and fast.

+100

This season has gone, The only way Appleton can turn this around is a mass exodus.

First out would be CKR and Murphy. Followed quickly by Dann, Peds, Dunn, Robinson, Givet, Orr, ollsen (both of em), Formica, Etuhu, Goodwillie, Edinho, Henrique, Rosado etc.

Offer them on free's, pay them off, whatever just get rid,,,(They managed to do it with Nelsen, Salgado etc last year). I can guarantee our results wouldn't be any worse of they left the club. They offer nothing and their attitude stinks. Premiership primadonnas.

It would certainly cushion the wage bill if nothing else.

If we have little money then look at free transfers, loans from the prem and cheap signings.

Build a team around Rhodes and Best as that is the only area of the team with any quality. Accommodate them both and play a system that suits. 4-4-2 would seem to be ideal. NOT4-2-3-1 etc - great for Europe but not the championship. Make the midfield two solid, use Nunes and King out wide. Add some height at the back.

We may then at least have a shout at the playoffs next year.

Madness. We've moaned for ages about not having leaders or people who have any kind of experience and then you're saying sell or give away the lot. it's a balancing act. get rid of some, yes, i fully agree but not the lot and certainly not bring in a whole new team. that doesn't work either or QPR wouldn't be where they are and they brought their lot in with a chance at preseason - we'd have to do it with games coming thick and fast.

both are right with your points tbf.

some players should leave like Robinson, Orr, Givet, Dunn and Formica.

Would keep Etuhu, Dann, Murphy and maybe Pedersen.

I havent seen Henquire play so cant judge him. Rosado looks decent but similar to Rochina.

We have to play to get the best out of Rhodes and Rochina at the minute.

when Best to back and fit, im sure we will Best and Rhodes up front and play 4-4-2

both are right with your points tbf.

some players should leave like Robinson, Orr, Givet, Dunn and Formica.

Would keep Etuhu, Dann, Murphy and maybe Pedersen.

I havent seen Henquire play so cant judge him. Rosado looks decent but similar to Rochina.

We have to play to get the best out of Rhodes and Rochina at the minute.

when Best to back and fit, im sure we will Best and Rhodes up front and play 4-4-2

Any decisions on the squad will be based on finance rather than ability imo. The exclusions / limited appearences of Robinson, Dunn, Givet and MGP suggest as much.

• Backroom

I can only hope that performance was from not coping with double-sessions. And tbf, if CKR/Rochina had a poor attitude towards Appleton, would they really have any need to apologise to the fans for deliberately playing w/o effort.

Hopefully the players were just knackered but I realise that is straw-clutching at its finest haha.

Any decisions on the squad will be based on finance rather than ability imo. The exclusions / limited appearences of Robinson, Dunn, Givet and MGP suggest as much.

why does it???

Dunn not fit anf fitness is shocking

Givet attitude is poor.

MGP performances have been poor.

Robinson should have been sold and keep Kean in goal. done excellent since coming in.

• Backroom

why does it???

Dunn not fit anf fitness is shocking

Givet attitude is poor.

MGP performances have been poor.

Robinson should have been sold and keep Kean in goal. done excellent since coming in.

It's no coincidence they are amongst our highest paid players mate. Though I don't dispute any of those comments about them haha

Givet attitude is poor.

Worse than those playing? This line gets trotted out regularly about Givet but I've never seen this "poor attitude" displayed on the pitch during games.

I'm with Theno, certain absences are more likely down to finances à la Salgado et al.

Worse than those playing? This line gets trotted out regularly about Givet but I've never seen this "poor attitude" displayed on the pitch during games.

I'm with Theno, certain absences are more likely down to finances à la Salgado et al.

which he demanding to be sub at Charlton at Half Time this season

• Backroom

Think Etuhu, Rhodes and Murphy are our highest paid players

'amongst' ;)

Pedersen is on 50kpw. Think murphy, etuhu, givet, dunn and robbo are next on about 30 or 35kpw. Rhodes 'only' 25kpw then the rest on their various wages.

Let's say you know that for a fact and it's not hearsay. That was still off the pitch.

Eric Black said it after the game.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9958555.Givet_talks_expected_after_Valley_mystery/

'amongst' ;)

Pedersen is on 50kpw. Think murphy, etuhu, givet, dunn and robbo are next on about 30 or 35kpw. Rhodes 'only' 25kpw then the rest on their various wages.

was. but Robinson, givet and peds have relegation wage drop clauses in their contracts

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9728432.Givet_may_force_Blackburn_Rovers_exit_following_50_per_cent_pay_cut/

Appleton's right if he did because the players definitely aren't fit and haven't been fit ever since Big Sam left. It's one of the reasons I believe we give up after 70 minutes regardless of the score.

Totally disagree as to why the players gave up as it wasnt anything to do with fitness. Belief in one another or the manager maybe, but not fitness.

• Backroom

Givet had a pay cut, yes. But still bloody expensive on about 30k. Robbo and Pedersen haven't had pay cuts as far as I'm aware. In fact Pedersen's lack of a cut caused outrage on here for a day or two didn't it?

Well whether this is true or just speculation but a gent in the EWMC was telling who wanted to hear that on Monday the players returned to Ewood with glum faces after their training session with Mr Appleton who told them all that they were no way fit,(we all know that) if they didn't like what was going to happen see him and he would arrange for them to leave (hoping that bit is true), maybe that was behind yesterday's performance i really don't know, lets see what changes he makes for Tuesday, Oh and here's the highlight, Venkys will not be here next season, here's hoping.

We aren't fit. Haven't been since Kean took over. No one likes doing the yard slog of runs to get fit, but as a professional athlete it's part and parcel of what you do. To hear that some players didn't like it, doesn't surprise me at all, as our team is full of big egos, who wouldn't like to be told where they are failing. It's refreshing to hear this sort of bluntness and is what is needed to snap the comfort zone that our players have fallen into over the last few years.

Archived