BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

Prepared to wipe the slate clean with Orr, he seems to have done well at Ipswich. Also, he's played central midfield for them on occassion (that was his position as a youth player at Newcastle apparently) so could give us another option there. I don't see the point in putting a Chelsea youth teamer in our defence when we have Orr at the club already.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Henley when he returns. Perhaps we could push Olsson up to the left wing with Henley at left back?

Kean

Orr Hanley Dann Henley

King Murphy Etuhu Olsson

Best Rhodes

Might give Best and Rhodes a decent chance or playing together with pace on the wings like that.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He loves Bradley Orr. Urgh

"100% he'll be back here after Saturday's game to be a Blackburn player," revealed Appleton.
"He is someone I have tried to sign a couple of times, he's got a vast experience of the championship. He's very vocal, he's a good character, a good personality and he is someone who I'd rather have in my side than up against me.
"For me it is almost like a new signing, he's a lad that has got lots and lots of games in the championship and someone that is going to be vital for us between now and the end of the season."

Bad bad move for the simple reason that he's crap and as soon as he does something poor on the pitch the crowd will be on him. Just who is advising Appleton on this ? Or is it Agent play again ? When he's fit young Henley should be in the side instead of this bum !

Prepared to wipe the slate clean with Orr, he seems to have done well at Ipswich.

Same here. He's a solid player at this level and with Henley out injured we're left with either an on-loan rookie or a midfielder in there. Will be difficult for him to win people over after being Kean's resident nut-hugger, though.

"100% he'll be back here after Saturday's game to be a Blackburn player," revealed Appleton.
"He is someone I have tried to sign a couple of times, he's got a vast experience of the championship. He's very vocal, he's a good character, a good personality and he is someone who I'd rather have in my side than up against me.
"For me it is almost like a new signing, he's a lad that has got lots and lots of games in the championship and someone that is going to be vital for us between now and the end of the season."

Holy Elephants, oh dear oh dear.

Complete and utter @#/?, methinks.

In all fairness, we have no defenders. LT today says Givet move has now been agreed. It doesn't make sense to have one out on loan when we need all hands on deck.

It is just a bit dismaying the way he talks about him.

If you ever needed a sign that we are now a mediocre championship team, this is it.

We are a mediocre championship team. We didn't strengthen in the right areas in the Summer thanks to the fool known as Shebby Singh and we just hired a manager with barely any experience thanks to Derek Shaw.

Believe it or not though, we need championship quality players like Bradley Orr more than we need the players who have been there and done it. They're not as hungry to get us back up.

He's bound to big him up if he's bringing him back. Hardly going to say "im bringing him back but actually he's rubbish" We know he's poor and he'd have to be among the world's best to win us over because of that interview and that the first mistake he makes will be his last chance gone for most of us but Appleton obviously doesn't or more likely doesn't care.

Don't get the Orr bashing, he's been a solid performer who can never be accused of shirking from the battle. He might be a bit gobby but Appleton is probably right in saying we need a few of those characters in our team. If he performs and adds the right qualities to our team I couldn't care less what he has said previously.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8421070/Blackburn-manager-Michael-Appleton-keen-to-make-changes-during-the-January-transfer-window

MA says we have too many similar players and our recruitment policy needs to be improved 10 fold.

Nail on head, Mr Appleton.

The recruitment has been handled by people who haven't got the first clue and he's been quick to realise that you can't play all of the fancy dans in the same side when you're scrapping in the Championship.

If he addresses that in the next two weeks, we should take a major step forward.

My spirits have actually improved after reading those quotes.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8421070/Blackburn-manager-Michael-Appleton-keen-to-make-changes-during-the-January-transfer-window

MA says we have too many similar players and our recruitment policy needs to be improved 10 fold.

It's about time someone in the club admitted that, we've all been saying it for the best parts of two years!

I wonder how that comment sits with Desai who said this following the takeover: "Things have been going wrong with transfers — to get nine out of 10 wrong is not good".

It's about time someone in the club admitted that, we've all been saying it for the best parts of two years!

I wonder how that comment sits with Desai who said this following the takeover: "Things have been going wrong with transfers — to get nine out of 10 wrong is not good".

Yep, because she's the leading authority when it comes to running a football club properly.

Kean her.

The difference between this and the Berg appointment seems to be that Appleton has control over players and recruitment.

The rumours suggested that this wasn't a luxury Berg was allowed to enjoy, thanks to Shabby.

Let's hope Appleton gets it right.

Prepared to wipe the slate clean with Orr.
Me too.

But ONLY if he apologises.

Which he won't, so I guess I'm still against him. A leftover from the Kean era. He will be the new Keith Andrews and we need to get rid of bad smells not bring the back.

I just hope he's bigging him up to sell him - but I doubt it.

It's a minus against Appleton for me, lets hope his pluses are the greater.

Worrying, very worrying, the alarm bells should be are ringing loud and clear with that message.

Worrying, very worrying, the alarm bells should be are ringing loud and clear with that message
Worrying, very worrying, the alarm bells should be are ringing loud and clear with that message.

I am curious as to why ?

Orr isn't my favourite player - but we do need experience, he is a reasonable Championship right back - will provide cover for Henley - or allow Henley to move to left back if Olsson moves on. He will also provide cover for centre half.

People keep saying we need some Championship style players to get us out of the division - and yet Orr (who has lots of experience in Championship) worries you ?

Archived