BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michael Appleton - New Rovers Manager

Tom

Orr has said on twitter that he will do an interview to explain his comments. hopefully with Andy Cryer and the LT.

Says he will? Is one lined up?

I'll be interested to hear what he says but when someone explains, they are usually trying to justify themselves, not apologise.

The only justification for what he said (and didn't say) is, as Nile Ranger put it, "the fans don't pay his wages". Frankly, whilst it might be true, I don't want to have that bullkean - implied, explained or however he justifies it to himself.

They are pulling on OUR shirt, wearing OUR badge, in OUR town, for OUR club.

Show some keaning respect you arrogant toe rags or kean off.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Atkins was a shocking right back who came good in midfield. Are you arguing that Atkins was a better right back than Orr or are you just being patronising because you don't like Orr?

Speaking from a position of authority having seen both players.

Can we open a thread just for Imy, Chaddy and Ewood Spark to keep telling one another how wonderful things are at Ewood. Perhaps then the rest of us will not have to read their bleatings.

How about a thread for people who have little to contribute to discussions bar 'Venkys out?'

Bringing Orr back makes sense for a club in our position. Was my opinion not a valid one?

He's just having a look at the entire squad before he makes any decisions and I think that is fair enough, much as I dislike Orr.

You can't go around disregarding players without even having a look at them first hand, especially not in our position.

Atkins was hugely criticised by the fans. Far better in midfield than defence.

Appleton is only doing what most of us would do. Take a look at the players he has and then make decisions accordingly from an informed perspective. Those at the club have hardly covered themselves in glory, Kane may not stay or be the answer, Henley is out, little cover remains unless dumping Lowe in there.

Meanwhile Orr remains a tit and will never be truly accepted at the club by myself and many others.

From Appletons comments I'd imagine we will be looking to offload a few out of the following: Vukcevic, Rochina, Dunn, Gomes, Formica, Rosado and Gamst.

I hope we keep Simon, Rochina and Gomes. The rest can do one.

Gomes looked dreadful and way off the pace when he came on saturday at nearing 37 years of age is he going to be capable of upping his fitness levels.

Imy, I agree that Appleton should have a look at Orr. Yes he has made mistakes and am sure it is also very difficult to admit you got it wrong so it will be just as hard for him to turn up and give his all. He does have a mouth on him and that is what we need, experience to aid the young players. At least give appy chance to try and sort things out, not hang him out to dry before he has had any time.

Imy, I agree that Appleton should have a look at Orr. Yes he has made mistakes and am sure it is also very difficult to admit you got it wrong so it will be just as hard for him to turn up and give his all. He does have a mouth on him and that is what we need, experience to aid the young players. At least give appy chance to try and sort things out, not hang him out to dry before he has had any time.

he's got the mouth on him ok but from what I see of him he doesn;t have the drive of savage or even diouf, which just leaves him with the mouth, a mouth which he can;t use wisely.

Are people still kicking off about Bradley's comments in defence of Kean? Get over it! We need the cover at right back with Kane going back to Chelsea and Henley injured. I don't care what the guy says in interviews, I don't care if he comes out and says he hates us all. All I care about is that he gives his all in the shirt and helps us going in the right direction again. Make no mistake, this guy is a good Championship right back, there's a reason he helped QPR get promoted.

Gives his all in the shirt? What if that all is poor? And why do we think he'll give his all anyway? I've not seen him do it for his mate Kean so why would he do it now? It wasn't only the defence of Kean that was bad either. Didn't he say one or two things when he first went to Ipswich?

Are people still kicking off about Bradley's comments in defence of Kean? Get over it! We need the cover at right back with Kane going back to Chelsea and Henley injured. I don't care what the guy says in interviews, I don't care if he comes out and says he hates us all. All I care about is that he gives his all in the shirt and helps us going in the right direction again. Make no mistake, this guy is a good Championship right back, there's a reason he helped QPR get promoted.

How many appearances did he make for QPR in their promotion season?

He's just having a look at the entire squad before he makes any decisions and I think that is fair enough, much as I dislike Orr.

You can't go around disregarding players without even having a look at them first hand, especially not in our position.

Agreed, would be foolish not to.

He made 33 appearances. He missed the first third of games after they signed him but then became their first choice for the last two thirds of the season. And what I'm trying to say is that we're too busy concentrating on what he did off the pitch and not what he could do on it. It's pathetic!

He made 33 appearances. He missed the first third of games after they signed him but then became their first choice for the last two thirds of the season. And what I'm trying to say is that we're too busy concentrating on what he did off the pitch and not what he could do on it. It's pathetic!

He cant do anything on it so whats your point.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8421070/Blackburn-manager-Michael-Appleton-keen-to-make-changes-during-the-January-transfer-window

It's about time someone in the club admitted that, we've all been saying it for the best parts of two years!

"Our recruitment policy needs improving 10-fold. We have too many players here who are far too similar to each other," he said.

Well he's obviously referring to the way players have been brought into the club by people like Anderson, Singh and other agents around the world, without the manager having a say. Well I can think of a number of individuals on this board who have argued that there was nothing wrong with either that, or agents charging shed loads of money. After all, that's how it works on the continent was the argument.

He's also probably referring to the club letting virtually all of it's best players go and buying young players from varying parts of the globe. Plenty defended that policy as well. It's the way a club of our statue needs to go we were told.

:)

• Backroom
He cant do anything on it so whats your point.

Helped QPR get promoted from this league, despite being @#/? in the league we were just relegated from. That tells me he could be what we need at RB, esp if it frees up Henley for LB (his natural position) and Olsson (if he stays) for the left wing.

Are in a 'wood for trees' situation or something?

Yes, Orr was a cock, but he could be the cock that helps us get promoted! On the evidence of being 1st choice RB for a promoted side, we could do with him in our side.

Archived