BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton Tickets

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did the club eventually contact the half season ticket owners regarding tonights game?

Nothing. No email, text, call or even an announcement in the LT.

To be fair I've assumed I can't use mine because of what I've read on here and I haven't contacted the club but anyone with a half season ticket that doesn't come on here and hasn't thought about it could well turn up tonight and be disappointed

Not sure how many half season tickets ended up being sold, so might not be a big issue

Poor show. This was brought up at the FF because we realised the potential for confusion. The club acknowledged this, and it was my understanding that they would email the relevant fans.

Circa 500 half season tickets have been sold.

Totally bewildered as to what would possess someone to buy a half season ticket.

I can get my head round why people would get a ST in the summer, but to wait for 23 p!ss poor performaces, 5 managers and even more shambolic attemps to run a football club, then be persuaded to get one, I cannot fathom at all.

Mrs D will be glad of the money though i'm sure,

I'll be surprised if there are more than 6K tonight.

What's foolish - I would normally, as I have done for years, bought my usual ticket in the summer, but these were abnormal times, and as with many others I chose to boycott until Coco went.

I then did as I promised and came back - and buying a HST was the cheapest method.

Foolish for not waiting for the Loons to acquire a proper manager....maybe!

PS: i've never complained about not getting tonight's game included, in fact I'm relieved it isn't!

I don't see why people are complaining. I am a STH and I don't get a free game, I don't see why the HST guys should either. If they were planning on giving them a free ticket to a game, then STH should have got the cup game for free.
You are the reason the club haven't made a grand gesture in this one-off very unusual situation.

"If I can't have something for free then no-one should".

Do you write to the club for a pro rata discount when they offer three for £20, etc? What's the difference? Get people in the ground.

We need all the fans we can get, not sticking two fingers up at them.

Agree with Stuarts post.

However the shambles that we have at Ewood just continues. I have had two emails yesterday about buying a match ticket for tonight's game, neither of which mentioned anything about the half season ticket.

I received a text message today regarding the non valid half season ticket not being valid at 16:15. That would be really useful if you were on your way from a distance.

So much for new PR company. It makes you think if they don't give a toss, then why should I ?

I bet they count the half season tickets in the attendance figure that they are sure to make up.

I don't see why people are complaining. I am a STH and I don't get a free game, I don't see why the HST guys should either. If they were planning on giving them a free ticket to a game, then STH should have got the cup game for free.

According to the Fans Forum minutes the ticket was scheduled to include the Brighton game on its original date but they later decided against this as it would ruin it as a Christmas present as the game was before Christmas. That reason would no longer be valid with change of the date.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/documents/16th-october-2012195-444072.pdf

http://www.rovers.co.uk/documents/ff-minutes-27-11-12195-526329.pdf

As it is the Half Season Ticket covers less than half the season anyway but at much more than half the cost. If they had included the Brighton game then it would be just over half but, it wouldn't really be free game as the cost per game would still be cheaper for full season ticket holders.

I could have renewed my 19 game Darwen End season at the start of the season for £165, but chose not to as the only way I express my displeasure that Kean was still employed by the club. Once he had departed I renewed with the Half Season Ticket at £149 for 11 games starting on 1st Janaury.

Tonight's game not being included doesn't directly affect me as I wouldn't be able to go anyway, but I do think that the club should not have excluded HST from this game.

I got a text at 2.50pm today to say the game isn't included, which had I been able to go would have been much too late as I would already be traveling by then.

Poor show. This was brought up at the FF because we realised the potential for confusion. The club acknowledged this, and it was my understanding that they would email the relevant fans.

Circa 500 half season tickets have been sold.

As with one of the other contributors, I was texted around 12:10. The club could have got this message to us earlier-especially for people like me who didn't go to the match on Saturday.

You are the reason the club haven't made a grand gesture in this one-off very unusual situation.

"If I can't have something for free then no-one should".

Do you write to the club for a pro rata discount when they offer three for £20, etc? What's the difference? Get people in the ground.

We need all the fans we can get, not sticking two fingers up at them.

Nonsense. So those that commit to the club at the start of the season have no right to complain when HSTH get a free game? What have we done wrong? Where's our 'grand gesture'?

There has to be equality, hence why I said that we should have got the cup game for free instead of being made to pay £15 (same price as Brighton game).

Archived