BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton Tickets

Does anyone know if a half-season ticket is valid for the match as it was originally scheduled prior to the New Year.

If the answer is yes, what happens to anybody who previously bought a ticket for the original date, and have a seat subsequently occupied by a half-season ticket holder.

Rang the ticket office to ask and basically they couldn't understand the situation I described.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know if a half-season ticket is valid for the match as it was originally scheduled prior to the New Year.

If the answer is yes, what happens to anybody who previously bought a ticket for the original date, and have a seat subsequently occupied by a half-season ticket holder.

Rang the ticket office to ask and basically they couldn't understand the situation I described.

This was brought up at FF and is noted in the minutes. Half season tickets are NOT valid for the Brighton game.

This was brought up at FF and is noted in the minutes. Half season tickets are NOT valid for the Brighton game.

Then a statement or better still an email should be sent to all half season ticket holders to that effect. You can be sure that quite a few would turn up, expecting entry. That on the basis a half season ticket is for the second half of the season.

Then a statement or better still an email should be sent to all half season ticket holders to that effect. You can be sure that quite a few would turn up, expecting entry. That on the basis a half season ticket is for the second half of the season.

This is why the subject was raised. The club said that they would ensure that all the half season ticket holders would be notified.

This is why the subject was raised. The club said that they would ensure that all the half season ticket holders would be notified.

I went into the store in Blackburn,on Tuesday, I think, and was told a decision had been made the previous week.

I have not had any official notification.

I took out a half season ticket and haven't been notified either. I can only assume that ensuring all half season ticket holders would be notified means telling them when they turn up that they can't get in!

I took out a half season ticket and haven't been notified either. I can only assume that ensuring all half season ticket holders would be notified means telling them when they turn up that they can't get in!

Well they announced it at half time today that the HT ticket was not valid for Tuesday. That doesn't help anyone not there today.

Actually having watched that dross today, I'm glad.

With the new PR company on board you would think this would be an excellent chance to bring the supporters onside for once by offering the game free to Half Season ticket holders.( the only half season ticket that does not cover the half season!). After today,s performance and the weather being so cold do they really think Tuesday will be a sell out ? Since Appleton was appointed the talk has been about getting the supporters back onside. As usual total PR disaster!

VENKY,S OUT PR COMPANY OUT!

Well they announced it at half time today that the HT ticket was not valid for Tuesday. That doesn't help anyone not there today.

Actually having watched that dross today, I'm glad.

When did they announce it? Didnt hear anything.

I thought I heard it announced at half time that the new half season tickets would not be valid for Brighton match.

I think that is a total disgrace and typical of how the club has been run for the last two years.

Commercially and customer care wise, they are simply hopeless, IMO.

I thought I heard it announced at half time that the new half season tickets would not be valid for Brighton match.

I think that is a total disgrace and typical of how the club has been run for the last two years.

You do wonder who would deal with stuff like this.

Would it fall under the remit of general manager or "chairman", or a joint board decision?

Let's say it was discussed on its merits by the board. What would be the main considerations? Commercial impact (lost walk ons) and impact on full season ticket holders

The direct commercial losses are surely minimal as the majority who have bought a half season ticket wouldn't turn out for a night time kick off on a freezing Tuesday night at £20 or whatever it is.

The impact on full season ticket holders is surely also minimal as they would want the ground to be as full as possible. With one or two exceptions who would probably write or speak to the club to complain "where's my 'free' match?"

It's a one-off postponed game moved from Saturday to midweek, surely they could have made a gesture to the long-suffering and announced that the club would welcome half season ticket holders to the match.

What exactly is the point of this new PR firm we are paying if not to improve relations with the public?

As a club we are completely classless these days.

It's fair enough. The half ST holders haven't paid for this game so they have to buy a match ticket!

If six games had been postponed till now would you expect to get them on your half season ticket, half season tickets are valid for half a season not half a season + any games that are moved

You're dead right. The announcement at HT yesterday came as an add on to the price of tickets for the cup match against Derby next Saturday. The numbskull on the PA then suddenly remembered we had a home match before that game. Total incompetents which in effect we shouldn't be suprised about.

If six games had been postponed till now would you expect to get them on your half season ticket, half season tickets are valid for half a season not half a season + any games that are moved
But it's not six games, it's one.

Being pragmatic and struggling to get people through the turnstiles, a one-off match should have been allowed for anyone buying a half season ticket.

Got a half season ticket, was in the toilets at half time so didn't hear any announcement. I've had no contact from the club regarding the game on Tuesday. Just stumbled on this topic now and if I hadn't done, I would have been at Ewood on Tuesday night.

It's pretty darned poor.

Actually the half season tickets are valid for less than half a season as it only only 11 out of the 23 home games. Certainly other clubs I've seen their half season tickets covered 12 games (just over half a season). The price of the half season tickets was a lot more than half the cost of a full season ticket, so if they had thrown an extra game in, then I don't think full season ticket holders could complain. It would also enable them to continue marketing half season tickets on the basis "Now includes Brighton game" which might shift a few more.

The only scenario I can think of that it wouldn't have made sense would be if they have sold a lot of half season tickets, and also sold Brighton tickets to a lot of those half season ticket buyers - in that case it would mean the club refunding a lot of money.

It doesn't affect me directly anyway as I wouldn't have been able to make the rearranged Brighton game in any event.

I imagine the half season tickets will still work on Tuesday anyway, such is the lack of organisation right through the club...

Interesting that they dont even bother asking for your postcode when purchasing tickets nowadays.

Archived