BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust's March Letter To Mrs Desai

Guest Wen Y Hu

Having known a good friend of mine who is of Indian heritage, the moment he lets people know this at a footy event is the moment people automatically assume he's like the Venkys. I'd go as far as its probably shattered any hope of asian mass supporting blackburn rovers.

Relations in the community are finished.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This probably wouldn't make any difference whatsoever but has anybody actually thought of writing these letters in Indian? I know English is a pretty much universal language and maybe the one used in world business. If I got a letter from a foreigner trying to get my attention I'd like it in my language. Forget this post if a version of both languages was sent though.

We considered this and were advised not to by close associates of theirs.

It made you SICK reading it ? Deep apologies for that sir, that wasn't the intention.

This letter was constructed over a period of at least a month. We tried very very hard to get the sentiment, content and format of the letter correct. We were only ever going to get one shot at it. We took advice from many channels before signing off the final version. There has been widespread thanks and congratulations on our efforts from a large number of followers and especially our members who received an email with a copy of the letter first thing this morning. But we obviously can't please everyone.

If you would like to construct a letter you think should have been written with some hope of getting a reply then please send it to us and we will try our very best to get a reply for you also.

I think the main problem re communication with the Rao family is that they wouldn't know what to say - they have a lack of understanding of UK business practices let alone football.

Only possible route to them is via the people advising them on football matters.

Remember, according to David Gill, they were apparently unaware of relegation - over the past 2 years, they also have shunned themselves away from administrators at the club, not prepared to listen or even communicate with them, instead they are 'guided' through this shambles by others.

Seeing as Wayne doesn't appreciate a little humour I will bow out of this one by saying as a Rovers fan even I struggled to maintain enough interest to get to the end of the letter. Just what the disinterested owd hag will do is anyone's guess.

• Backroom

It made you SICK reading it ? Deep apologies for that sir, that wasn't the intention.

This letter was constructed over a period of at least a month. We tried very very hard to get the sentiment, content and format of the letter correct. We were only ever going to get one shot at it. We took advice from many channels before signing off the final version. There has been widespread thanks and congratulations on our efforts from a large number of followers and especially our members who received an email with a copy of the letter first thing this morning. But we obviously can't please everyone.

If you would like to construct a letter you think should have been written with some hope of getting a reply then please send it to us and we will try our very best to get a reply for you also.

As I said in my original post, I understand your reasons for doing it that way. You didn't need to spell it out. It doesn't make my stomach churn any less reading such blatant arse kissing and that's just how it is. I hope for your sake you get a reply, and some good comes of it. I'm not going to write you a letter because I'm not naive enough to think Venky's give a stuff about what the fans think. Good luck.

As I said in my original post, I understand your reasons for doing it that way. You didn't need to spell it out. It doesn't make my stomach churn any less reading such blatant arse kissing and that's just how it is. I hope for your sake you get a reply, and some good comes of it. I'm not going to write you a letter because I'm not naive enough to think Venky's give a stuff about what the fans think. Good luck.

I don't think Wayne is being naive, but is, at the very least, trying everything he can to open up some dialogue with the owners.

• Backroom

What have Venky's ever done to suggest they care one jot what the fans think? The only people they listen to are those who want to harm the club. Make of that what you will.

Oliver.

Now that's done is there anything of real interest, credibility and sense you would like to ask.

Did the letter actually go on 8th March ? just thinking that if by 2nd April there hasn't been a reply then it looks to be going the same way as everybody elses efforts.

That isn't a criticism by the way-just a reflection of the utter fools we are dealing with.

Did a copy go to shelf and shadow? just wonder what they think of being cut out the loop.If they were copied in then at least thats somebody to pester for a reply and see how much dialogue they are having with our intrepid owners.

Can't even be bothered reading the letter. When it first appeared things were going wrong, people on here were talking about writing letters and asking for e-mail addresses etc. Now, two or so years later, we're going down that line again.

It has been clear (to a few) all along that there has been a need to make it as uncormfortable as possible for Venky's to run this club. Adverse publicity at all costs. To make them feel that it is just not worth their while to be associated with us.

The 'protests' were not worthy of the name. Whilst I don't condone breaking the law, and have no intention of doing anything like that myself, I have seen more trouble at a childrens' tea party when the jelly ran out.

Really we only have ourselves to blame. Constant bleating and no action from a passive, meak and mild support.

There have been some great ideas recently. I like the 'hundreds of eggs on the pitch' one from earlier today. Turn your backs on the pitch idea. Stay in the concourse for ten minutes, leaving an empty stadium, then take your seats. Etc, etc.

Anything to give these raping, bast*rds a bit of bad publicity. It should have been protests one game, another course of action the next, something else in the next, back to protests in the next and so on. The heat should have been turned up and it should have been constant.

But do you know what? You only have to read the comments on here over the months and the undoubted tut tutting that will meet this post, to realise that that sort of thing would never happen with a milksop support such as ours.

If Venky's filled the pitch sprinklers with sh!te, positioned them to face the stands and turned them on full belt, most of the crowd would just shrug their shoulders and say, 'well what can we do.'

As a member of the trust I'm a little disappointed that I haven't received a copy of the letter to my email and have had to go on twitter and MB's to see it!!!

In all honesty I can't see them replying, we have had a wall of silence for over two years, various people have tried and failed including knights of the realm.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Agree with what you say CLB,we have many 'fence sitters'.

Tbh these b'stards appear to have all and sundry by the balls,even dare I say beaten.NOBODY seems to be able to agree on a viable and effective way to hit back at this lot.

Most of our supporters appear to be just apathetic at best.

As the only official Supporters Trust of Blackburn Rovers, we must approach all matters with a level of professionalism. Does anyone think the Trust sending a letter in an aggressive, demanding and posturing tone would help? This was the only way to approach the Raos that could possibly have the smallest chance of getting any response.

We gave it to Derek Shaw to pass on to Mrs Desai, which he has promised he has done. We understand that she is in receipt of it also. The matter of which language to use was also discussed and we were advised that English was the best choice.

We CANNOT FORCE a sale from them, but by using this constructive approach at least we can say we have given ourselves the best opportunity of getting a foot in the door. If they continue to ignore us or chose to decline our offer of help then so be it. We have other irons in the fire which we will then consider using.

Personally, I am extremely proud of the content of the letter, and stand by its content and in the way we have gone about trying to establish some sort of line of communication with our current owners. Who is to say that this may not still illicit a response? But, as T4E points out, to continue to ignore such approaches whilst things at Ewood slide from bad, to worse then worse still is folly of the highest order.

I have actually personally passed on a message to Mrs Desai whilst she was on a rare visit to a civilised country.

"F??k off and die'.

Hopefully that reflected the considered views of most right-thinking supporters.

Archived