BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS vs. Derby County Match Thread

Amo

• Backroom

Massive massive win although I didn't think we were much better than usual we had a bit of luck with them conceding a stupid penalty but I won't moan.

Rhodes did the ugly stuff much better today but was pretty poor in front of goal unusually for him but took the penalty calmly.

The keeper made a howler but a couple of superb saves

Kazim is talented but an absolute idiot at times, stupid booking then clapped in the refs face, at times he's like a less effective Diouf in that he slows the game down but fails to keep possession

The back four were all good, Kane is a real talent but Morris looked like he had the wrong studs on in the first half

Overall it was massive to win given the other teams results and at least we know we can win again and one more on Tuesday gives us a real chance of staying up

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best we have played for some time. Greg in nets was good, save for his rush of blood in the first half, but redeemed with a breathtaking stop of what I thought was a certain goal. Two CB's were excellent, Dann was a rock. Morris got better. Kane is a real talent.

Midfield did ok, played from right, Dunny, Lowe, Williamson, Jones. They worked hard, but show just how far we have sunk. None would have got in our PL team.

CKR played wide, too far away from Jordan I thought at times. He faded in the 2nd half, but he does give us presence. JR got the pen, dispatched it well, worked hard, perhaps should have bagged another.

A massive win, which means nothing if we don't win Tuesday......13,391.......sub10,000 actually on I suspect.......hate Venkys!

Luck was on our side today. Rhodes and CKR not at the races, corner given well over first half added time which we scored and a penalty for Derby not given for some reason.

But we'll gladly take the 3 points.

Kazim is talented but an absolute idiot at times, stupid booking then clapped in the refs face, at times he's like a less effective Diouf in that he slows the game down but fails to keep possession

He may be an idiot but he's one of our best players, Tom. The ball sticks to him and he gives our defenders the time to re-organise. It happens time and again. He's usually looking for a pass and the players around him just aren't switched on.

We REALLY missed him when he was injured.

Forgot what it feels like to win. Sandimierski did alright though he makes me feel very nervous! thought rhodes could've had another one, had a few chances which normally you'd think he'd put away but overall he did very well.

We'll miss Kaz the next two games, would've been better had he got a 2nd yellow today cos then he'd only miss one. He's one player who can keep hold of the ball for a length of time, but he's just stupid at times. Needless tackle to get the yellow, followed by another one.

Hanley's wasn't a foul really but he got it for persistant fouling. I really dont understand why we put Givet on bench every game when we're not planning to play him!

If we play Rekik over him next week then there's sommat up!

• Backroom

The annoying thing is it was clear he was going to get booked and should have been brought off but even then it was a stupid pointless booking

Bring back Rochina before its too late!

So the game is on and you find time to come on here ?

Where can I listen to the game online?

So all the @#/? you have sprouted and your not there ? Time for the ignore button .

Good needed win . Tues is now the game that defines our future , it's that important .

• Backroom

In terms of the result, hugely needed. Anything less and we'd be on the very edge of the abyss.

The suspensions are a shame and I'll be devastated if it means Rekik returns to the team. I'd like Givet to start but not hopeful.

Win against Huddersfield on Tuesday and I think we'll be alright, any less and this win is only prolonging the inevitable.

Barnsley v Derby
Rovers v Huddersfield
Wolves v Hull
Posh v Brighton
Millwall v Watford

Tues fixtures including ours.
Win or bust for Wolves in a v.tough game, Peterborough and Millwall got some toughies too but Posh found form.
Barnsley got a hiding today but if they get the same Derby side we played today they will smell blood. Hopefully win or lose Millwall are exhausted from their FA cup efforts.

So the game is on and you find time to come on here ?

So all the @#/? you have sprouted and your not there ? Time for the ignore button .

Good needed win . Tues is now the game that defines our future , it's that important .

I am in Birmingham ATM and couldn't attend the game.

Are you happy now that we won today like I told you we would?

I see Barnsley, wolves and posh all winning on Tuesday meaning we really have to win

Can't see Wolves winning, I think they will be truly demoralised after todays result and pending suspensions and injuries.

Remember the old chant in the Third Division days we used to sing it for a long time, two sections sing. One lot would sing "We are the Rovers" another lot would sing "We are the Champions" I'm sure many remember it. How about getting it going on Saturday but "We love the Rovers" Oooh "We hate the Venkys" Pretty sure it should be a similar sized crowd as back then.

Was a quality chant back in the 80's but it was made better because you'd get a good crowd of 100 bouncing up and down while it was sung.

On the subject of chants, I liked the gallows humour of the lads in the middle of the BBE who started singing 'EE AYE EE AYE EE AYE OH, UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO'

Well, thank goodness for the 3 points.

However that was a dreadful, dreadful, dreadful game today. Two terrible teams, the difference was Dunny.

How they get a crowd of 13,300 is a joke. Well less than 1/3 full.........probably 8,000 to 9,000 max.

Yes I wanted 3 points, but the display, skills etc were absolute sh!te. God help us next season.

Its just Bizarre!

As @#/? as kazim is most of the time, We still seem to get our best results(not performances) when he starts.

. He was reasonable in the 1st half, but a totally disinterested bod in the 2nd. He should have been substituted.

Hanley should never have been booked. We played well today and Rhodes could have scored more. We actually created chances but still sat too deep. RHODES FINISHING WAS DREADFUL

Hanley and dann were excellent but they had the most obvious penalty ever waved away. YES, NAILED ON PENALTY FOR THEM

Worried that Hanley is out for 2 games. My player of the season so far YES MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON ALSO

Luck was on our side today. Rhodes and CKR not at the races, corner given well over first half added time which we scored and a penalty for Derby not given for some reason.

+1

I actually thought that Jordan Rhodes played well today. He missed a couple of chances but worked tirelessly and kept the Derbyshire defenders under pressure. This was epitomised by the corner he won from which we scored the second goal. He was prepared to run to into the corner and challenge the defender when He could easily have held his position.

Are the BBC stats reflective of the game in general? Derby with 56% possession and more shots?

That really concerns me if they are true. Essentially this could just be the game that we were bound to win at some point according to the law of averages, as opposed to deserving it on merit.

• Backroom

Are the BBC stats reflective of the game in general? Derby with 56% possession and more shots?

That really concerns me if they are true. Essentially this could just be the game that we were bound to win at some point according to the law of averages, as opposed to deserving it on merit.

This is how it's been all season, I don't think we can expect this to change now. We just have to hope that we'll limp over the line despite always being second best. The players don't have it in them to dominate a game.

Derby will be a bit gutted, as they lost to Ipswich last week in similar circumstances.

Archived