BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS vs. Derby County Match Thread

Amo

Barnsley v Derby DERBY DUE A WIN AFTER LOSING TWO IN A ROW. BARNSLEY MISSING TWO IMPORTANT PLAYERS AND HURTING ALOT.

Rovers v Huddersfield TENSE GAME BUT CAN SEE RHODES SCORING THE WINNER

Wolves v Hull HULL REALLY WANTS TO GO UP. A DRAW.

Posh v Brighton BRIGHTON WANT TO GO UP STRAIGHT AWAY AND WILL SNATCH A 1-0 WIN.

Millwall v Watford WATFORD TO WIN THIS DERBY GAME AFTER MILLWALL PLAYERS IS EXHAUSTED AND DEMORAILISED AFTER THE FA CUP LOSS.

Tues fixtures including ours.

Win or bust for Wolves in a v.tough game, Peterborough and Millwall got some toughies too but Posh found form.

Barnsley got a hiding today but if they get the same Derby side we played today they will smell blood. Hopefully win or lose Millwall are exhausted from their FA cup efforts.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a good win, no its a great win under the circumstances.

If we stay up I fully expect Bowyer to be given the job full time, he didn't want it last time around but now he's been to Pune and seen what the chumps are really like, he'll be thinking pound notes if he fails.

Time will tell, but watch this space.

Has Bowyer really just said this win, being our first win since Arsenal, was worth the wait??? He, in my opinion, comes across as incredibly stupid.

Please someone tell me I'm wrong and read that out of context, I will aplogise if so but my god that has infuriated me!!

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/worth-the-wait-769572.aspx?

I listened to radio rovers after the game and the question was "So Gary was that win worth the wait?". (I'm shouting 'no, what a stupid question'). But what is Bowyer supposed to say? "No, not really".

Rovers' "pundits" can be really dumb at times - although I put it down to their love of cliché.

Don't care how we win at this stage of the season, whether we have less shots or less possession, got lucky.....all that matters are 3 points.

The Huddersfield game is massive. They concede a shedload of goals away from home. Rhodes is bound to score. Think they'll score too, particularly with Hanley out.

Don't care how we win at this stage of the season, whether we have less shots or less possession, got lucky.....all that matters are 3 points.

The Huddersfield game is massive. They concede a shedload of goals away from home. Rhodes is bound to score. Think they'll score too, particularly with Hanley out.

Did hanley get booked i dint see it and both sky and bbc dont show a booking for him

I listened to radio rovers after the game and the question was "So Gary was that win worth the wait?". (I'm shouting 'no, what a stupid question'). But what is Bowyer supposed to say? "No, not really".

Rovers' "pundits" can be really dumb at times - although I put it down to their love of cliché.

Ahh, fair enough I suppose. It is a baffling question though, I myself am currently training to be a journalist and the dream, one day, is to cover Rovers. I certainly won't be asking questions of that nature.

Also, I would have told the interviewer there and then what a stupid question it is, of course it's not worth the wait, I would have liked the victory to have come much earlier so it doesn't put you in the position of asking such a ridiculous question. Argh.

Ahh, fair enough I suppose. It is a baffling question though, I myself am currently training to be a journalist and the dream, one day, is to cover Rovers. I certainly won't be asking questions of that nature.

Also, I would have told the interviewer there and then what a stupid question it is, of course it's not worth the wait, I would have liked the victory to have come much earlier so it doesn't put you in the position of asking such a ridiculous question. Argh.

Yeah it was a stupid opening question from the reporter but GB just laughed and said it was certainly worth the wait. The question should have been "is it a relief" or something like that.

I quite like what Bowyer has been saying in interviews and I like that he is creating a siege mentality like its us versus the world. He came across as calm but determined and there isn't any BS either.

Probably best to have a listen to the interview but I think he comes across well.

Dann and Hanley were immense today. I feared that Sammon would be a problem especially in the air, but he hardly got a sniff.

How the hell were they not awarded a penalty?

Thought the first half we showed some creativity, but once Dunny had gone, first his legs and then his substitution, we looked a little aimless. I don't think, or hope, to see Rhodes miss two easy chances as he did today. His penalty was perfect though.

Sandomierski doesn't fill me with confidence, particularly with his kicking, but fair does to the lad, when called upon he made a tremendous save near the end.

CKR? Well you love him or hate him. I love him for 10 minutes and he infuriates me for 80. Those fancy flicks that never seem to come off.......argh.

All in all it's a win which we desperately needed.

Roll on Tuesday for the next one. Surely Givet must start.

Well, thank goodness for the 3 points.

However that was a dreadful, dreadful, dreadful game today. Two terrible teams, the difference was Dunny.

How they get a crowd of 13,300 is a joke. Well less than 1/3 full.........probably 8,000 to 9,000 max.

Yes I wanted 3 points, but the display, skills etc were absolute sh!te. God help us next season.

Maybe not 13,300 but a lot more than you're estimate. I think you look through the wrong end of a telescope.

Its just Bizarre!

As @#/? as kazim is most of the time, We still seem to get our best results(not performances) when he starts.

Kaz is our best player by far, possible exception of Dunny, and I am not looking forward to Tuesday without him. Who else will win those high balls an hold it up whilst the others catch up?

This win feels like the Norwich home win last season - against a mid-table team going through the motions - to be followed by a supine,clueless performance against a resurgent Wigan - for which read Huddersfield.

Except Huddersfield beat an injury ridden Wolves and only started winning after their opposition went down to ten men. I know we are poor but they are equally bad.

Maybe not 13,300 but a lot more than you're estimate. I think you look through the wrong end of a telescope.

Kaz is our best player by far, possible exception of Dunny, and I am not looking forward to Tuesday without him. Who else will win those high balls an hold it up whilst the others catch up?

Sorry Al but imo we had a very small crowd today, easily less han 1/3 full? I was in the J W Upper and it was sparse.. The fellow BRFCS member next to me also said 9,000.

I do disagree re CKR. He can put a shift in but in he 2nd half today he was appalling. I actually spoke to his Dad Roland on Thusday night whilst down in London and he said CKR does not have a clue what is happening at Rovers and the place is in turmoil.

Sorry Al but imo we had a very small crowd today, easily less han 1/3 full? I was in the J W Upper and it was sparse.. The fellow BRFCS member next to me also said 9,000.

I do disagree re CKR. He can put a shift in but in he 2nd half today he was appalling. I actually spoke to his Dad Roland on Thusday night whilst down in London and he said CKR does not have a clue what is happening at Rovers and the place is in turmoil.

Sure you went to Ewood Park this afternoon? It's just off Bolton Road between Blackburn and Lower Darwen.

Are the BBC stats reflective of the game in general? Derby with 56% possession and more shots?

That really concerns me if they are true. Essentially this could just be the game that we were bound to win at some point according to the law of averages, as opposed to deserving it on merit.

Can someone answer this please? And preferably say things like, "it was mostly in their half", "they didn't do anything with it", and "yea but they were straight at the keeper",which prove stats are pointless discussing.

Can someone answer this please? And preferably say things like, "it was mostly in their half", "they didn't do anything with it", and "yea but they were straight at the keeper",which prove stats are pointless discussing.

How many times did we get in their box ?

Find it hard to agree with the stats posted. We definitely had the better of the match.

Derby were actually very poor. I've been putting off saying it to avoid putting a downer on an important result but they really were.

• Backroom

I commented to the bloke next to me that I can only recall the Posh away game and 20 minutes against Birmingham where we controlled a game every other game we seem to let the opposition dictate the game. Today was no different for me, most of the play seemed to be around to middle of the park in our half, we rarely kept the ball and got forward but we looked dangerous when we did.

What's most frustrating for me is when someone picks up the ball and has a run with it, (more often than not that someone is Todd Kane) everyone in front of them seems to stand still and let the attack break down.

Derby had two brilliant chances one in each half (the second half one being very late) that the keeper saved expertly and from where I was sat could have had a penalty in each half, in the first Dunn left a leg out and the Derby player could have easily gone down and in the second Pedersen slid what seemed like the length on the box and their man went down but I'd need to see that again. Other than that they created very little their only other chance of note coming from a Sando error along with a couple of pot shots from range

On the flip side Rhodes missed an absolute sitter when one on one and had another couple of decent chances one of which he went for a lob when it was never on and we hit the bar as well.

On the balance of play I'd say we created slightly more chances but it was pretty even with them seeing more of the ball.

As an aside derby seemed a strangely angry team with a few of their players having little hissy fits a few times

Find it hard to agree with the stats posted. We definitely had the better of the match.

Derby were actually very poor. I've been putting off saying it to avoid putting a downer on an important result but they really were.

find the stats hard to believe as they say we had 3 shots on target when we had 2 goals 1 cleared of the line and at least 1 from rhodes saved which was on target dont know where they watch the game from

Still finding it desperately hard to be optimistic about any of this.

Can just see us ultimately limping to safety, the owners viewing that as some sort of success, giving bowyer the job full time but only half way through summer so he's no time to prepare, because long term he'll be out of his depth we'll start poorly, they'll realise its another mistake, and sack him in January. Effectively wasting every transfer window had since they took over 2011 and all the parachute payments will have been @#/? away.

That's the best case scenario as well because it could be a lot worse.

no it was water from sprinklers .. I've never seen as much water sprayed before a game .

Yeah I noticed that too, it all just sat on top of the pitch. Don't think it helped Josh Morris in the first half, that lad had a mare!!

Archived