BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyley has done some smart business for Wigan.

Think they will fill one of the auto promo spots.

I think you'd have to be stupid not to think that along with QPR, they've just too much quality.

Yes I know people said the same about us last year but that was a freakish season.

You could well be right.

But he'll bring them straight back down again.

See what odds your bookie will give you for that.

Coyley was very unlucky at Bolton with injuries to key players.

Anyhow, I wish we were in Wigan's position with a first rate owner and a very, very good manager.

Coyley was very unlucky at Bolton with injuries to key players.

Anyhow, I wish we were in Wigan's position with a first rate owner and a very, very good manager.

Blokes like Coyle are only any good for about a season and a half, because the players stop listening to managers

like him, he talks to much and far too quickly, his sickly kind of bubbly enthusiasm soon wears off IMO.

I think I would be putting in a transfer request after about a month.

I reckon both QPR and Wigan's sides will look very different come the end of August. They'll still be strong but I doubt some of the bigger names will stick around.

Also, a strong start to this division means nothing. Even Kean got us into the top 3/4 for the first month or two.

McClean would be a decent signing but he went really off the boil last season so there is no guarantee that he'll work out. Plus, with Taylor and Judge I don't think our wings are the biggest problem in comparison to other areas.

Coyley has done some smart business for Wigan.

Think they will fill one of the auto promo spots.

Please stop calling him 'Coyley', it makes you sound like a cross between Ron Manager and Lawro-ey, Coyley is also one of Jerome's boys and arch-defender of the Cumbernauld Capello, in other words a tw*t of the highest order...and he wears shorts that make him look like a 70's PE teacher.

So Rhodes AND Hanley are being sold now?

Confirmed as 15

Personally I think 15 should have been retired and forever been the Jansen / Mokoena number

Thanks Tom can you confirm if I take my shirt along with receipt on Saturday will they be able to put his name and number on the back along with the champ patches? thanks for your help

Please stop calling him 'Coyley', it makes you sound like a cross between Ron Manager and Lawro-ey, Coyley is also one of Jerome's boys and arch-defender of the Cumbernauld Capello, in other words a tw*t of the highest order...and he wears shorts that make him look like a 70's PE teacher.

So Rhodes AND Hanley are being sold now?

You don't think he's the new Bill Shankly then ?

I didn't see the interview. I'm sure he is looking at players in case Dann goes so we will need centre back and we do need a loan striker/winger to cover for DJ/Ruben injuries.

but our current squad is

Keepers:- Kean, Eastwood, Urwin

Defenders:- Kane, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Kilgallon, Songo'o, Spurr, Morris.

Midfielders:- Judge, Lowe, Cairney, Evans, Marrow, Williamson, Taylor, King, Nunes, Dunn,

Strikers:- Rhodes, Best, DJ, Rochina.

plus Players that's Rovers need to sell/get rid of are Robinson, Etuhu, Slew, Pedersen, Givet, Formica, Rosado, Orr. at least 200k in wages there imo.

cant see any more than a loan striker and Centre back(if Dann leaves) coming in tbh. we simply cant afford it and meet the FFP rules.

How many of these guys are in the last year of their contracts? I am pretty sure Formica, Givet, Pedersen, Olsson, Orr, Dunn and Robinson are down to their final year.. plus Cairney and Kane are both loans.. but that won't help with the FFP rules this year, however I can't for the life of me see how we can pass the rules anyway especially given last seasons utter train wreck of a financial year.

One of the reasons I have been happy with Rovers summer has been just how little we have spent, so I am more hopefully for the future, but it still isn't half scary just how badly we did last year financially and of course how difficult it is to get rid of these players with such over inflated wages.

i believe that wigan and qpr have superior squads to us so no way can we compete with them, they have brought in some real quality whereas we have brought in a lot of mediocre journeymen and untested youngsters, anyone thinks we can compete for a playoff place with this squad needs their heads testing

Archived