BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look - I have taken a lot of stick and decided that the best thing to do is to come on this MB and share personal views only which may or may not have a foundation to them.

If I do pick any bits and pieces up then I will be keeping them off this MB in order to avoid any aggravation. I don't need to justify myself to anyone.

Somebody pick his rattle up please.

HINT - It won't be anywhere near Ewood Park.

Blokes like Coyle are only any good for about a season and a half, because the players stop listening to managers

like him, he talks to much and far too quickly, his sickly kind of bubbly enthusiasm soon wears off IMO.

I think I would be putting in a transfer request after about a month.

Agree with this.

Coyle (minus the 'y') is a motivator rather than a tactician (as per Souey was for us) and that can only even be successful in the short term.

That said, I'm sure Davey Whelany would be delighted if old 'Coyley' could get them back up this season.

This Everton youngster (if he has signed), is a left winger and having played alongside Spurr at Doncaster last season may provide good competition on the wings (as our current Norwegians on the wings are not particularly great).

I am interested to see what our squad looks like after the window closes, as we need to shift at least 6 players IMO.

I guess the idea of getting in Lundstram (or trying for McClean) is to free up Judge in a more free role behind the striker, especially with Rochina crocked...

It also confirms that Bowyer doesn't really rate Olsson, Morris, Rosado or Nunes to fill the role - which highlights again how much deadwood we have in the squad. Personally, I would have liked to see Nunes and Rosado given a go, and perhaps they will play tonight against Carlisle to persuade Bowyer they're worthy of a place in the squad. Otherwise, it would seem pointless keeping them here to rot in the reserves...

Also, found this on Lundstram, who is certainly a prospect - but sadly better than anything we have at the moment it seems....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1557807-everton-fc-why-john-lundstram-will-be-the-toffees-next-academy-success-story

I think Marrow could be useful to us. Palace fans seemed to think he did well last season. I'm not sure it's helpful to just lump him in with Lowe and dismiss him. Lowe is limited but again I don't see the point in slagging him off. He's decent at right back and just about acceptable as a defensive midfielder at Championship level.

I think Cairney, Evans and Williamson will all be ahead of Lowe and Marrow as the season continues, but Lowe and particularly Marrow are going to be involved in games so we may as well get behind them. Marrow's only played half a game, let's give him a decent chance.

A little odd that nowhere else has latched on to the deal for the Everton player that unleaded has said is a done deal.

The Lt are usually on the ball reporting done deals(or at least mentioning on Twitter that a move has been made to sign the player)

Also according to transfermarket.co.uk lunstran is an sem client(Oooooow! ;)

• Moderation Lead

Marrow's played 90 minutes for us so far, probably best to reserve judgment on him, not so sure why everyone gets mad when every new signing takes a while to bed in....

This Everton youngster (if he has signed), is a left winger and having played alongside Spurr at Doncaster last season may provide good competition on the wings (as our current Norwegians on the wings are not particularly great).

I am interested to see what our squad looks like after the window closes, as we need to shift at least 6 players IMO.

you sure about that? every article on him says he's a central midfielder.

Hope its true about Lundstram.

Donny Mgr Brian Flynn certainly rates him. Quotes :

'John has a great variety of passing, and is as good as you will see from a young lad '

'He is hungry for football and has no fear, he just wants the ball - he is hungry to do well and has

loads of energy '

Just what we need in this league bags of energy, after some of the lazy gits we had last season.

Apparently he can also do a bit of box-to-box and is a mean tackler too.

nixon saying he checked John.Lundstram loan and he said no chance as need to trim squad, so whos right on this one ??

There's a clue in what you wrote.

Nixon = wrong.

Hope its true about Lundstram.

Donny Mgr Brian Flynn certainly rates him. Quotes :

'John has a great variety of passing, and is as good as you will see from a young lad '

'He is hungry for football and has no fear, he just wants the ball - he is hungry to do well and has

loads of energy '

Just what we need in this league bags of energy, after some of the lazy gits we had last season.

Apparently he can also do a bit of box-to-box and is a mean tackler too.

Ha! When i was first reading that I thought the penultimate sentence was still part of the Brian Flynn quote.

Good on him I thought! I'm dissapointed now.

Ha! When i was first reading that I thought the penultimate sentence was still part of the Brian Flynn quote.

Good on him I thought! I'm dissapointed now.

Yes It would be nice if a few more people in football spoke their minds.

Steve Kean probably would'nt have lasted so long.

I'm tired of people moaning about every signing we make, we are signing the right players and then some players will leave. GB has done well with signings so far so we can trust him with the Everton youngster.

We don't need anymore Keaning midfielders!

What we need is to trim the wage bill.

How many times do people need to say FFP! FFP! FFP! before people realise we can't keep signing people till we ship others out.

Even if we could sign more players we probably need a number 10 to cover for Rochina more than ANOTHER tackling midfielder.

Archived