BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abit of research

John is a talented left-footed midfielder with excellent passing ability.

Born in Liverpool, he has been with Everton from a very early age and signed a full-time scholarship in July 2010.

A strong tackler, the youngster was named the Blues Under-16 Player of the Year at the end of the 2009/10 campaign, and also received his first call up to the England Under-17s squad for the Nordic Tournament in August 2010.

He played in the Under-17s World Cup for England in the summer of 2011 and earned a first Under-19s nod in April 2012.

At Everton, John is now a reserve-team regular.

In February 2013, Lundstram was sent on loan to Doncaster Rovers where he won the League One title in a dramatic fashion away at Brentford in the final game of the season. Lundstram was part of the England Under 20s World Cup squad of 2013.

I'm not sure where all this Wigan love is coming from? Is it because they beat possibly the worst team in the league at the weekend?

We have to remember they have the Europa league to play, so their schedule will be ridiculous, it's bad enough in this league.

Also do people actual think Coyle is a decent manager, the guy had a worse record than Kean!!

Finally, they are bound to lose a few of those players in their midfield; mcmannan, McCarthy and McCarther (sp?). I'd be surprised if they keep hold of the core of that team.

I like the club and hope they do well, but I have them nowhere near a shoe in for this league.

Made me smile how poor Bolton looked at the weekend too, Andrews still getting a game too.

I don't expect us to go up this year, looks like we'll need another striker now Ruben is out, hopefully ship a few of the big wages and you never know, we could push the playoffs. Such a crazy league though, we got a few early wins with SK last year but still ended up flirting with relegation.

all i have to say is where did experienced old heads get us last year? we have hungry young players that want to play and do their best which is more than can be said for the majority of our squad last season, also look at the squads that go up every year, mainly young teams that are well up for it.... i'm sure a lot of people will be shocked by Rovers this season.

Coyley was very unlucky at Bolton with injuries to key players.

Anyhow, I wish we were in Wigan's position with a first rate owner and a very, very good manager.

A very very good manager?? I live in Bolton, my family and friends are Bolton fans and I can honestly say not one of them rate him as a manager...nice guy and all but tactically very poor and apparantly his training methods stop at 5-a-side and last one in the bar buys the drinks!! They'd never been as unfit!

If I told you the last line was from Phil Gartside himself you probably wouldn't believe me...but it's true!!

I'm not sure where all this Wigan love is coming from? Is it because they beat possibly the worst team in the league at the weekend?

We have to remember they have the Europa league to play, so their schedule will be ridiculous, it's bad enough in this league.

Also do people actual think Coyle is a decent manager, the guy had a worse record than Kean!!

Finally, they are bound to lose a few of those players in their midfield; mcmannan, McCarthy and McCarther (sp?). I'd be surprised if they keep hold of the core of that team.

I like the club and hope they do well, but I have them nowhere near a shoe in for this league.

Made me smile how poor Bolton looked at the weekend too, Andrews still getting a game too.

I don't expect us to go up this year, looks like we'll need another striker now Ruben is out, hopefully ship a few of the big wages and you never know, we could push the playoffs. Such a crazy league though, we got a few early wins with SK last year but still ended up flirting with relegation.

They will lose players when Martinez sells Fellaini to United and in any case have a minimum of 57 games to play this season!!

People forget that we made the "big" signings last season and failed miserably

Rovers agree loan deal for Everton Midfeilder John.Lundstram... .Good Young Player

Bloody hell!! Where's he playing em all?? ...Lowe, Marrow, Evans, Cairney, Williamson and Lindstram fighting for 2 spots....that's not counting Etuhu!!

So we sign another midfield player in Lundstram.

Yes, young and no doubt hungry but where the hell are all these lads going to play and what about our own up and coming Academy lads ?

Our squad is now ridiculously big and we can't even give the deadwood way.

A savvy chief exec. / MD desperately needed.

THIS!

Barnsley were also down to ten men as well i think any team in the league could have beaten them, we'll see how good Wigan are when they play some of the proper teams in the league. Personally I think they'll lose some players and coupled with the Europa league I think they'll fall short of the playoffs. If ''Coyley'' is such a good manager why did he get a decent Bolton team relegated and why haven't loads of clubs been queing up to sign him last season?

Strange analogy considering the Beeb (or should I say the Met Office) probably have a 90% accuracy with TV forecasts

Stange that somebody living in the 'Lancashire Flatlands' had failed to grasp in all his years that the weather forecast in the country is notoriously difficult to trust due to the unpredictability of our weather. Or maybe you only work in black and white?

Yes, young and no doubt hungry but where the hell are all these lads going to play and what about our own up and coming Academy lads ?

I can't quite tell if you're thick, or just constantly on the wind up? Or, most likely, thick and on the wind up.

midfield crap for years...............we get midfielders people moan we no longer have room for the deadwood to play?

Bowyer has signed the best midfield we have had since the jones boys..............Judge and taylor look very good for us, cairneys weekend cameo instantly highlighted the crapness of Lowe and Marrow and by all accounts Evans is decent and now we have a lad from everton as cover so we don't need to pick proven crap that makes up the rest our midfield staff.

Some people would win the lottery and moan its not enough, every chance Bowyer doesn't rate the likes of Williamson and etuhu signed by the other clowns I hope he went into the summer thinking he was starting from scratch.

I can't quite tell if you're thick, or just constantly on the wind up? Or, most likely, thick and on the wind up.

Neither.

Think you might have an inferiority complex.

• Backroom

Oh no, two women love me, they're both gorgeous and sexy, my wallet's too small for my fifties and my diamond shoes are too tight!

Neither.

Think you might have an inferiority complex.

:D

You'd like that wouldn't you? It'd explain why you're always pretending that you have inside knowledge, despite having guessed correctly 3 times in over 1000 attempts over the last 18 months or so. If you can't understand why we want to sign different midfield players to the ones that we already have, this certainly brings your knowledge and intellect further into dispute.

:D

You'd like that wouldn't you? It'd explain why you're always pretending that you have inside knowledge, despite having guessed correctly 3 times in over 1000 attempts over the last 18 months or so. If you can't understand why we want to sign different midfield players to the ones that we already have, this certainly brings your knowledge and intellect further into dispute.

You worry me Batman.

I don't pretend anything and I have absolutely no concerns about my intellect.

Manere tranquillitas.

Do we more than Unleaded's word about the Everton lad?

Not that I can see. No news outlets covering it yet.

Have to agree with Mercerman on this one. Centre midfield isn't where our very limited finances should be going. We're going to spend 3-4 months of the season with only three out and out strikers.

• Backroom

You worry me Batman.

I don't pretend anything and I have absolutely no concerns about my intellect.

Manere tranquillitas.

You do pretend a lot (or brag pointlessly about unlikely things). Your bets paying for 'a new car for the missus' springs to mind.

I enjoy your footballing contributions but tbh you do come across as flipflopping in terms of your 'itk' stuff. Venkys haven't sold up yet and you claimed the exclusive 'Coyle to Wigan' only after Rovers appointed Bowyer.

This Everton youngster (if he has signed), is a left winger and having played alongside Spurr at Doncaster last season may provide good competition on the wings (as our current Norwegians on the wings are not particularly great).

I am interested to see what our squad looks like after the window closes, as we need to shift at least 6 players IMO.

i believe that wigan and qpr have superior squads to us so no way can we compete with them, they have brought in some real quality whereas we have brought in a lot of mediocre journeymen and untested youngsters, anyone thinks we can compete for a playoff place with this squad needs their heads testing

JAL is forming a doomsayers club if you would like to join.

A very very good manager?? I live in Bolton, my family and friends are Bolton fans and I can honestly say not one of them rate him as a manager...nice guy and all but tactically very poor and apparantly his training methods stop at 5-a-side and last one in the bar buys the drinks!! They'd never been as unfit!

If I told you the last line was from Phil Gartside himself you probably wouldn't believe me...but it's true!!

They will lose players when Martinez sells Fellaini to United and in any case have a minimum of 57 games to play this season!!

People forget that we made the "big" signings last season and failed miserably

Bloody hell!! Where's he playing em all?? ...Lowe, Marrow, Evans, Cairney, Williamson and Lindstram fighting for 2 spots....that's not counting Etuhu!!

Don't think we will see too much of Lowe and Marrow. They may just be squad players now.

Rovers agree loan deal for Everton Midfeilder John.Lundstram... .Good Young Player

we were looking at mclean for left wing i take it this was another alternative they have gone for, when will it be officially announced

You do pretend a lot (or brag pointlessly about unlikely things). Your bets paying for 'a new car for the missus' springs to mind.

I enjoy your footballing contributions but tbh you do come across as flipflopping in terms of your 'itk' stuff. Venkys haven't sold up yet and you claimed the exclusive 'Coyle to Wigan' only after Rovers appointed Bowyer.

Look - I have taken a lot of stick and decided that the best thing to do is to come on this MB and share personal views only which may or may not have a foundation to them.

If I do pick any bits and pieces up then I will be keeping them off this MB in order to avoid any aggravation. I don't need to justify myself to anyone.

Archived