BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Bickley is a player Rovers want but will only probably come onto the radar if we sell one of the big players ... He's got a price

Know that the South African has been scouted by Rovers ... GB went on a trip to Sweden after the season was over.... If DJ was not injured then no need for this player but that's how these things work ....

Do you mean Will Buckley? I did a Google search on Will BIckley and got details of train stations and hotels.

he only just signed for malmo in april this year on a 4 year deal surely he wudnt leave them this soon?

I bet the player would leave Malmö for Rovers if they don´t pay silly wages. Some Swedish Rover here correct me if I´m wrong but Malmö can pay more wages than other Swedish clubs but players live in Copenhagen. Some tax technical issues and living in Denmark is more sensible. There is only a bridge between the two city.

I don't see any more Permanent signings coming in unless we sell Dann.

we don't need another winger when we have four of them in Judge, Taylor, King and Nunes. unless we are going to play King up front. Buckley would be good signing.

we might need a loan striker in for 3 months or so until DJ is back. DJ is out for 2 months or so and Rochina around 4 to 5 months.

But Rovers main aim for last 4 weeks of the transfer window is getting rid of players Bowyer doesn't. at least 5 or 6 to get rid off for defo. we need to reduce the wage bill now.

Bowyer has got the squad he wants now. we have currently around 27 man squad with 2 players for every positions plus extra keeper and Centre midfielder(Marrow) and Dunn aswell.

Plus the players Rovers/Bowyer wants rid off in Orr, Pedersen, Rosado, Formica, Slew, Givet, Robinson, Etuhu.

so we MUST reduce the wage bill. Fans need to get this

we don't need another winger when we have four of them in Judge, Taylor, King and Nunes. unless we are going to play King up front. Buckley would be good signing.

we might need a loan striker in for 3 months or so until DJ is back.

But Rovers main aim for last 4 weeks of the transfer window is getting rid of players Bowyer doesn't. at least 5 or 6 to get rid off for defo. we need to reduce the wage bill now.

Bowyer has got the squad he wants now.

DJ and Ruben are both out for a long time. One striker on loan would make sense but would he be third choice behind Rhodes and Best? Who would loan player out to sit on bench? Wouldn´t count Goodwillie out.

we might need a loan striker in for 3 months or so until DJ is back.

Bowyer has got the squad he wants now.

did he tell you that? i'd imagine lots of players will go, esp the high earners, doesn't mean no more will come in.

Chaddy, that's not what he said on Sky pre match.

I didn't see the interview. I'm sure he is looking at players in case Dann goes so we will need centre back and we do need a loan striker/winger to cover for DJ/Ruben injuries.

but our current squad is

Keepers:- Kean, Eastwood, Urwin

Defenders:- Kane, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Kilgallon, Songo'o, Spurr, Morris.

Midfielders:- Judge, Lowe, Cairney, Evans, Marrow, Williamson, Taylor, King, Nunes, Dunn,

Strikers:- Rhodes, Best, DJ, Rochina.

plus Players that's Rovers need to sell/get rid of are Robinson, Etuhu, Slew, Pedersen, Givet, Formica, Rosado, Orr. at least 200k in wages there imo.

cant see any more than a loan striker and Centre back(if Dann leaves) coming in tbh. we simply cant afford it and meet the FFP rules.

we might need a loan striker in for 3 months or so until DJ is back. DJ is out for 2 months or so and Rochina around 4 to 5 months.

Bowyer has got the squad he wants now. we have currently around 27 man squad with 2 players for every positions plus extra keeper and Centre midfielder(Marrow) and Dunn aswell.

Plus the players Rovers/Bowyer wants rid off in Orr, Pedersen, Rosado, Formica, Slew, Givet, Robinson, Etuhu.

so we MUST reduce the wage bill. Fans need to get this

Thanks for your wisdom O wise one.

I didn't see the interview. I'm sure he is looking at players in case Dann goes so we will need centre back and we do need a loan striker/winger to cover for DJ/Ruben injuries.

but our current squad is

Keepers:- Kean, Eastwood, Urwin

Defenders:- Kane, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Kilgallon, Songo'o, Spurr, Morris.

Midfielders:- Judge, Lowe, Cairney, Evans, Marrow, Williamson, Taylor, King, Nunes, Dunn,

Strikers:- Rhodes, Best, DJ, Rochina.

plus Players that's Rovers need to sell/get rid of are Robinson, Etuhu, Slew, Pedersen, Givet, Formica, Rosado, Orr. at least 200k in wages there imo.

cant see any more than a loan striker and Centre back(if Dann leaves) coming in tbh. we simply cant afford it and meet the FFP rules.

Easier said than done.

We couldn't give them away.

I reckon to terminate, by mutual agreement, and based upon remaining length of contract and terms, it would cost Rovers in the region of 6 to 7 million pounds.

I think we will be very lucky to get rid of Dann for any sort of decent fee. This makes Rovers very vulnerable to a 'vulture bid' for Rhodes. Also, would not be surprised to see Hanley go, possibly sooner rather than later.

Easier said than done.

We couldn't give them away.

I reckon to terminate, by mutual agreement, and based upon remaining length of contract and terms, it would cost Rovers in the region of 6 to 7 million pounds.

I think we will be very lucky to get rid of Dann for any sort of decent fee. This makes Rovers very vulnerable to a 'vulture bid' for Rhodes. Also, would not be surprised to see Hanley go, possibly sooner rather than later.

Rhodes bid from which Clubs??? no clubs have even put a bid in for him. Fulham are closing in on Bent. Newcastle have signed Remy. Sunderland don't want a striker. Hull have signed their strikers. so which Clubs are interest in Rhodes then???

Didn't Hanley signed a new contract ago 7 weeks ago. cant see anyone bidding for him.

personally CAN NOT see Hanley and Rhodes leaving Rovers this season.

I can see Dann leaving for Fulham if this rumoured of a 5 mil bid for him is true? don't know if it is.

Orr and Pedersen will find clubs. Givet is a problem

Rhodes bid from which Clubs??? no clubs have even put a bid in for him. Fulham are closing in on Bent. Newcastle have signed Remy. Sunderland don't want a striker. Hull have signed their strikers. so which Clubs are interest in Rhodes then???

Didn't Hanley signed a new contract ago 7 weeks ago. cant see anyone bidding for him.

I can see Dann leaving for Fulham if this rumoured of a 5 mil bid for him is true? don't know if it is.

Orr and Pedersen will find clubs. Givet is a problem

Chaddy - a lot of what happens 'unofficially' and 'behind the scenes' does not hit the press and is not common knowledge.

There is rumour that several clubs have enquired about Rhodes and a couple have enquired about Hanley - you simply wouldn't expect Rovers to announce this through the LT. The fact that Hanley recently signed a new contract means nothing to me - in football, money talks.

Orr and Pedersen will not easily find new clubs on their wages and Rovers are very likely to end up subsidising their departure. Neither player, and you can't blame them, will want to readily forego a small fortune in wages.

Oh chaddy, why do you rise to it every time? Mercerman knows as much about potential moves as the BBC knows about tomorrow's weather.

BBC weather for tomorrow is fine with sunny intervals and I think they are pretty much right !

Seriously, all I am doing is offering my personal views which may or may not have foundation.

• Backroom

Strange analogy considering the Beeb (or should I say the Met Office) probably have a 90% accuracy with TV forecasts

'Possibly sunny with a chance of rain'. Can't lose ;)

Archived