BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Backroom

DJ out for a while and now Ruben out for a few weeks and we suddenly look light up front

Had Best been sent off then we only have Rhodes and possibly King

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer in his pre match comments seemed keen to add more players.

Surely some possible loan players/options from PL clubs will become available once those clubs have done their transfer business - lot of clubs yet to make many signings yet so some quality players could become available.

i think we need to look at bringing in Songo'o or a centre half/full back on loan because apart from givet we look light in defence when hanley was limping was looking and thinking who wudda been on bench shud he got injured n givet replaced him?

Bring in 1 centre back/full back

A striker who will make an impact off the bench

And ill be generally happy with our squad.

Or like I said to Kamy on Twitter could mean Givet's finally got his leave?

Or just that we needed cover for Dann?

Kilgallon was signed as Givet's replacement and now we have Dann and Songo'o as right sided centre backs and Hanley plus Kilgallon on the left.

Kamy's been saying that all summer about Dann. He may be right. Kilgallon won't have been signed to sit on the bench. I'd rather lose Dann than Hanley.

I agree, thought Hanley was great yesterday. Love his marauding runs into midfield, really catches people off guard!

Could be Givet has finally got the move. Would prefer him to leave than Dann to be honest.

What I don't understand is why any Premier League team would be interested in Dann. He's been relegated twice (3 times?), and if they have come to see him play for Rovers, they will have seen that he is slow and gets beaten in the air too often, and his distribution of the ball is dreadful.

His reputation comes from the time at Birmingham where they had Joe Hart on loan who was pulling off loads of saves to gain their clean sheet record.

I'll hold my hand up and say im a huge critic of Dann but i thought he was ok yesterday. I worry that as poor as he can be do we really want to replace him with a complete unknown at this level ?

Hope this means Givet is going and not Dann. IMO Dann was one of our best players last season and I thought him and Hanley looked very good together yesterday and it would be a blow to see that solid pairing broke up. Whereas Givet is clearly not in first team plans and I don't think he really wants to play for us he is just happy to collect his wages.

I really do think people may be reading too much into it.

Songo'o could be on small wages and like I said, he could be a back up to Dann.

Kilgallon is a left sided defender, why are people so sure he's a replacement for a right sided defender?

Archived