BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Just to play devils advocate.

Maybe the club have been dishonest towards him in some way?

Or maybe because he was honest with his own views when we got relegated and rightly or wrongly got hammered by the fan base he feels honesty has no place at Rovers?

There's always two sides to every story.

Just because a certain person is disliked doesn't mean he's always wrong.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe because he was honest with his own views when we got relegated and rightly or wrongly got hammered by the fan base he feels honesty has no place at Rovers?

I prefer the "he's a tw@t" angle. Occam's Razor and all that.

We were lied to week-in-week-out under the guidance of his hero.

How dare he take the @#/? out of about honesty. :angry:

There are probably hundreds of footballers unhappy at their current clubs who don't take to social media in such a way.

It's about as unprofessional as one could be and arran playing devils advocate to support his actions is as wide of the mark as an Orr pass.

We were lied to week-in-week-out under the guidance of his hero.

How dare he take the kean out of about honesty. :angry:

Maybe he's laughing at the sign because of Kean?

My point being, I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions without actually knowing anything about the picture and the circumstances behind it.

It could mean anything. Orr could be laughing a long with us at Venkys/Kean/SEM lies.

Or, he could be taking the @#/?. Out of what exactly I don't know.

But it appears people's judgement is clouded by hate for the man.

There are probably hundreds of footballers unhappy at their current clubs who don't take to social media in such a way.

It's about as unprofessional as one could be and arran playing devils advocate to support his actions is as wide of the mark as an Orr pass.

I'm not supporting anyone's actions. I'm merely highlighting the fact that no-one knows what the picture is all about.

It's just guess work and theory.

Based on history and bitter experience.

Has he made an apology that I missed? Second chances usually start there.

No I'll stick with my half-baked theory, thanks. Just to be on the safe side.

Maybe he's laughing at the sign because of Kean?

My point being, I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions without actually knowing anything about the picture and the circumstances behind it.

It could mean anything. Orr could be laughing a long with us at Venkys/Kean/SEM lies.

Or, he could be taking the kean. Out of what exactly I don't know.

But it appears people's judgement is clouded by hate for the man.

I'm not supporting anyone's actions. I'm merely highlighting the fact that no-one knows what the picture is all about.

What isn't guess work and theory is that it's totally unprofessional and considering his huge wages for such a limited talent, very ungrateful to all concerned.

So honesty isn't the best policy then?

What isn't guess work and theory is that it's totally unprofessional and considering his huge wages for such a limited talent, very ungrateful to all concerned.

I agree, it's not very professional at all.

Although it could be argued on your second point that playing through injury and risking your career then being shipped out without a thank you or anything is very ungrateful too.

It's swings and roundabouts.

I feel that booth makes a good point there. And I suspect that if arran had been Prime Minister pre-WW2, he would have come back waving a piece of paper. That said. He is mocking the idea that Rovers at present don't represent honesty. And under Venkys, do they? I resent him pointing and laughing at our badge though, especially given his record. Makes me want to chin him.

Er, and why should we be grateful to him for being an at best average player under an awful manager, who barged the highly promising Henley out of the team and was part of the motley lot who got relegated with horrendous form, then insulted the fans? Nowt wrong with him being shown the door!

Absolutely, the guy is a 24 carat prick. I hope we never see him in the blue and white ever again.

His support of the Cumbernauld Cruyff was vomit provoking and showed where the shytes loyalist lay.... Taxi ya shyte!

I can't feel sorry for a muppet like him taking such a risk at the twilight of his career, with all the youngsters that risk their entire education and career path on the lottery of pro football and end up on the scrap heap having earned next to nowt.

So honesty isn't the best policy then?

I honestly don't know what point your trying to make with that statement.

I agree, it's not very professional at all.

Although it could be argued on your second point that playing through injury and risking your career then being shipped out without a thank you or anything is very ungrateful too.

It's swings and roundabouts.

I'm sure his pay-off / golden handshake will soothe the sting.

Why has he earned this benefit of the doubt in your mind? I can't thing of any reasonable reason sky that photo would be placed in the public domain other than to ridicule the club.

This following his previous. I'm not sure why you feel the need to defend him apart from bloody-mindedness.

I can't thing of any reasonable reason sky that photo would be placed in the public domain other than to ridicule the club.

I often wonder if there's one Rovers fan who thinks Orr has done nothing wrong and does not deserve the grief he has gotten. I bet they even think it unjustified and think those that castigate them to be morons.

A bewildering scenario I know but I bet they (singular or plural) exist somewhere ;)

I honestly don't know what point your trying to make with that statement.

I'm sure his pay-off / golden handshake will soothe the sting.

Why has he earned this benefit of the doubt in your mind? I can't thing of any reasonable reason sky that photo would be placed in the public domain other than to ridicule the club.

This following his previous. I'm not sure why you feel the need to defend him apart from bloody-mindedness.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm just putting out a different point of view so that this messageboard can hopefully have a decent discussion on it for a change.

But once again it's just "Orr's a prick". "He's paid enough." "I don't care what his reasons are, he's burnt his bridge"

There's no discussion. If someone goes against the grain; it's all hands on deck to shout them down instead of actually thinking about the post and making a logical reply.

Like I said before, you might dislike someone but that doesn't make them wrong.

Bit in bold. I was referring to Orr being honest when we got relegated and being rightly or wrongly hounded by the fans. Which I was highlighting could be the reason for the photo? (That one is a theory)

I'm not defending anyone. I'm just putting out a different point of view so that this messageboard can hopefully have a decent discussion on it for a change.

Discussion ideas aren't really your forte, are they?

But once again it's just "Orr's a prick". "He's paid enough." "I don't care what his reasons are, he's burnt his bridge"

There's no discussion. If someone goes against the grain; it's all hands on deck to shout them down instead of actually thinking about the post and making a logical reply.

Like I said before, you might dislike someone but that doesn't make them wrong.

Bit in bold. I was referring to Orr being honest when we got relegated and being rightly or wrongly hounded by the fans. Which I was highlighting could be the reason for the photo? (That one is a theory)

Did you bother to read past the bit in bold before going into character?

Because your comment seems to be in response to a different post.

Can you think of a reasonable genuine reason why he should put that picture into the public domain, if it's not to ridicule the club? And what grounds you think he has to be upset with the club enough to do so - as a contracted professional footballer, likely to receive a huge (ridiculously huge) pay off for his trouble before getting another overpaid job elsewhere?

Because I can't think of one. Even if he thinks he has been lied to by someone at the club, you don't do what he has done. How old is he, 15?

By the way, to give you a hand, this is on the back of a tweet yesterday. That he "wasn't preparing to play in the opening game of the season for the first time in his career and that more would be revealed later" (I paraphrase).

Sounds like karma to me...

Can you think of a reasonable genuine reason why he should put that picture into the public domain, if it's not to ridicule the club? And what grounds you think he has to be upset with the club enough to do so - as a contracted professional footballer, likely to receive a huge (ridiculously huge) pay off for his trouble before getting another overpaid job elsewhere?

Because I can't think of one. Even if he thinks he has been lied to by someone at the club, you don't do what he has done. How old is he, 15?

By the way, to give you a hand, this is on the back of a tweet yesterday. That he "wasn't preparing to play in the opening game of the season for the first time in his career and that more would be revealed later" (I paraphrase).

It's fairly obvious that it was posted to ridicule the club.

Maybe he has been lied to, who knows. I agree it's not very professional but some people aren't.

I think you're misreading my posts as pro-Orr. They're not, they're not pro anything.

If a player has been treated badly by the club why can't he have his say? After all, people were hoping and praying Salgado, Nelsen et all were going to come clean and Venky bash.

I don't hold the club up on a pedestal where any insult towards it upsets me.

If it had been Jason Roberts in front of that sign most people would be asking what it meant and if he could dish some dirt.

But it's Bradley Orr, and most fans dislike him anyway for some comments he once said. Which may well mean anything he says, does, posts will only be seen as negative towards the club.

I don't know why you're bothering. Arran has said he's disagreeing for the sake of creating discussion to make this a more livelier place.

Anyway, Orr knew full well when that picture was being taken it would rile the fans again. Whichever way you look at it, he's a bit of a prick.

If a player has been treated badly by the club why can't he have his say?

Because "them's the breaks" for a professional footballer.

It's a game that they all play so as to keep clubs sweet. They have short careers and you need to be careful who you upset. It's how they keep themselves in bling and flash cars.

Salgado had left fhe club before he made any comment, having been a model pro. Likewise Nelsen who still hasn't passed comment.

Now is 'model pro' an accusation anyone would ever level at our dear old, poor man's Joey Barton? This arsehole is still wearing his club training kit FFS.

I get up on an Australian winter's morning and it seems that there is outgoing activity. Instead I find post after post of kean about a third choice full back who doesn't appear to be going anywhere imminently.

'Never mind' I think, 'I'll check to see if there are developments on the

possible transfer targets summer 2013 thread' only to find three pages of similar kean there. Honestly, cant this crap be taken somewhere else? Also can someone tell me if anything has happened with MacLean so I don't have to wade through post after post about Bradley sodding Orr?

Archived