BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Marrow was signed before Evans became available for us to sign for Rovers. I always thought Marrow was signed as back up player tbh. Plus he ahs experience at this level aswell plus being part of the squad that got Promotion aswell.

very happy with the signings with most of them having experience and knowledge of this league which is what we lack last season. I think Songo'o will sign when/if we can get rid of Givet before the transfer window closes.

I think Bowyer will have a squad of 26 players

GK's:- Kean, Eastwood, Urwin

Defenders:- Kane, Henley, Dann, Hanley, Kilgallon, Givet/Songo'o, Spurr, Morris/Olsson

Midfielders:- Judge, Taylor, Lowe, Cairney, Evans, Marrow, Dunn, Williamson, King, Nunes

Forwards:- Rhodes, Rochina, Best, DJ.

so that's leave Pedersen, Orr, Givet, Rosado, Formica, Slew, Etuhu, Robinson. Rovers need to get sell/rid of all these players and this is Rovers BIGGEST task of the summer and we have a month to do it in. Think I right in saying that rumours are that Etuhu will leave Rovers when back fit

Plus I would loan out O'Sullivan and Morris aswell for 6 months at a club in league 1 to gain first team experience and knowledge to come back better players.

I really don't think they will be any more signings coming in unless a player who would improve greatly become available and would come to Rovers.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marrow is a pointless signing, never saw the point of it, even putting Evans to one side, we have similar players. Would have been good to have Evans and Jones together.

Pedersen, Etuhu, Orr, Formica, Rosado, Jorge, Markus Olsson, Slew, Givet and Robinson may all be on wages too high for their respective importance, but I can't see takers for any to be honest.

I rate Williamson, hope he gets fit soon, he did score goals at his previous clubs so him and Evans could work together perhaps, with Williamson breaking forward.

We have plenty of players in the roles he can be used in, making him unnecessary.

We have a number of hard working midfielders, we have a number of right backs (one of our best positions with Kane and Henley) and we have a few centre backs. Just adding to the numbers.

We have plenty of players in the roles he can be used in, making him unnecessary.

We have a number of hard working midfielders, we have a number of right backs (one of our best positions with Kane and Henley) and we have a few centre backs. Just adding to the numbers.

Lowe, Evans, Williamson & Marrow gives us strength in depth def-mid wise, for what is a long old season. Lest we forget that Williamson's fitness record isn't the best, either.

It gives us depth. Add in Etuhu I'm pretty sure Bowyer will want to play 4-2-3-1 with 2 of the 5 playing. If not then even with Williams fitness record we've too many for one position.

Also feel from what read that Evans would be a good midfielder in a 4 man midfield as can get in the tackles and pass the ball a bit. Perhaps with another workhorse cm from the above we'd have a feisty midfield along with Judge and Taylor, which can defend and 3 of the 4 offer something to the forward play.

I'm another one who is puzzled by the signing of Marrow (or perhaps that should be Evans as he came later). If Evans and Crainey will be the main midfielders, then where would that leave Marrow? Fighting for a bit part with Williamson? Long term, maybe the central midfield will be:

Marrow/Evans/Crainey

or

Marrow/Evans

Rochina (as a number 10)

Now we have a few midfielders, we should focus on getting the overpaid dross out.

Oh, and I apologise to JAL for being so personal yesterday. You see the bad side of things all the time, but I was a bit too aggressive in that post.

No problem Norbert. GB looks to have plenty of choices now at his disposal, though I must be the only one who would have Pedersen in my Rovers team.

No problem Norbert. GB looks to have plenty of choices now at his disposal, though I must be the only one who would have Pedersen in my Rovers team.

I'd have him on the bench, he's always got a good free kick in him, scored 2 lately has'nt he ?

Plus has bags of experience and a few clever tricks (gamesmanship wise)

I'd have him on the bench, he's always got a good free kick in him, scored 2 lately has'nt he ?

Plus has bags of experience and a few clever tricks (gamesmanship wise)

Id also be looking into what makes Josh king tick, and what switches him off as hes been more off than on and that cant carry on but he does have speed as an asset to the team.

Id also be looking into what makes Josh king tick, and what switches him off as hes been more off than on and that cant carry on but he does have speed as an asset to the team.

How the hell can a lad look like he should be playing for Real Madrid one minute and the ' Red Lion ' the next.

Hopefully Cory Evans deal will be announced later today and then we wait on McClean. It all depends on Celtic, if they decide to buy him then that will be that and we can look elsewhere. If not then there is a chance (if the player is willing to drop into the Championship) we could nab him on loan.

I don't expect anymore incoming transfer after these two as the focus will surely switch to getting players out of the club, I reckon that we could see upto 10 players being moved on.

Celtic have just signed a left winger from Ajax. And they already have a few other players who can play there.

Can someone please advise what is the latest on Yann Songo'o are we likely to sign him? & when is the signing likely to be announced? I would like to know as when done I am going to get his name on the back of my home L/S shirt Thanks.

I think he was still here a week ago but wasn't even on the bench vs Everton. Givet or Dann should propably go before he gets a deal.

Archived