BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i only know what i got told back in May which was we wanted to loan , but i was also told PDC doesnt rate him tbh i never thought it would happen back then and it would still be bit of a shock if it was to happen

Whether or not we sign McLean, I am just pleased GB is looking for another winger as we need one.

A winger with pace could be the missing piece of the jigsaw. Cairney may be the answer to our lack of creativity in CM. Certainly technically gifted player but lacks consistency is what I've heard.

Pleased with our summer business so far.

Why though hide full disclosure. Do funds go elsewhere, is it a tax fiddle, or is it something else.

the reason fees are undisclosed is to stop other teams knowing how much they paid and receive for a player.

Also when a club has receive a fee for a player why tell other teams what you receive and how much you can afford to buy a player of another team.

the FA, PL and FL know the fee but don't made it public either.

don't see what your problem is tbh. just trying to make things out to be worst and use conspiracy theories.

Also why do always say every signing Rovers made is poor, but when we ask you who would you sign no never answer. I wonder why???

So far, I've pleased with most of the players signed this summer by Bowyer.

BTW Jal, I'm not having a go at you, i'm quite enjoy your posts sometime but I'm just trying to find out who you would sign. Plus I have explain to you why A lot of clubs keep the fee out of public domain by saying the fee is undisclosed. hope you don't take this post as a dig cos its not meant to be.

He's into the IRA or something like that, good player though. A winger in the old fashioned mould whenever I've seen him, I think it would definitely be worth a loan.

I think I read people in his hometown were killed by British soldiers and that's why he didn't want to wear a poppy. Although someone told me he has posted about Irish rebel songs on twitter.

That doesn't necessarily make him into the IRA or anything.

He looked really good then I can't remember him doing anything of note last year, a bit like Albrighton.

A gamble but one that could really pull off.

Where has this come from anyway? And is it a loan or permanent?

• Backroom

the reason fees are undisclosed is to stop other teams knowing how much they paid and receive for a player.

Also when a club has receive a fee for a player why tell other teams what you receive and how much you can afford to buy a player of another team.

don't see what your problem is tbh. just trying to make things out to be worst and use conspiracy theories.

Also why do always say every signing Rovers made is poor, but when we ask you who would you sign no never answer. I wonder why???

It's unfair to have a go at someone for being overly negative when you are overly positive about everything, glass half full glass half empty thing there is no right and wrong

For what its worth I always though McClean seems an absolute tosser but is better than what we have so would be a great signing

I think I read people in his hometown were killed by British soldiers and that's why he didn't want to wear a poppy. Although someone told me he has posted about Irish rebel songs on twitter.

That doesn't necessarily make him into the IRA or anything.

He looked really good then I can't remember him doing anything of note last year, a bit like Albrighton.

A gamble but one that could really pull off.

Where has this come from anyway? And is it a loan or permanent?

Well I guess that just shows my lack of knowledge on the subject, or at least my lack of concern to find out the truth.

I'd be happy with this signing.

I'm a bit out of the loop for much of the time currently and just wondered if anyone could let me know what happened to us signing Jay Spearing?

I know it hasn't happened but got quite excited when I heard it was in the offing, so what went wrong?

I'm a bit out of the loop for much of the time currently and just wondered if anyone could let me know what happened to us signing Jay Spearing?

I know it hasn't happened but got quite excited when I heard it was in the offing, so what went wrong?

Not interested as he would prefer a move to Bolton instead is what the papers said.

BTW Jal, I'm not having a go at you, i'm quite enjoy your posts sometime but I'm just trying to find out who you would sign. Plus I have explain to you why A lot of clubs keep the fee out of public domain by saying the fee is undisclosed. hope you don't take this post as a dig cos its not meant to be.

Thanks for the answer to undisclosed fees chaddy, regarding whom id wish to sign. Personally I dont watch enough live games to throw out any names in reply thus I trust the club to get it right, so you can imagine my disappointment when a player doesnt live up to the billing.

We where a mid table premiership club three seasons ago now look at the team. Fair play to fans who remain positive and have bought their tickets in anticipation of the coming season. For me players win you games as a manager and its upto the manager to pick the right ones just dont think GB has picked the right ones suppose time will tell though. Still I cant wait to see these new players play though.

I saw the names N'zogbia and Odemwengie in this thread and realised that if i am to continue being a rovers fan och frequenting message boards then i need to find some stronger drugs...

Mclean would improve the team/bench - likewise Spurr and Cairney can improve the first team/bench short term without screwing us financially (as another pounding would probably kill us...). Good signings for the situation we are now in - not guaranteed but imo a lot better than unknown portugese, unknown eastern europeans, youtube specials and unmotivated former crewe midfielders on silly salaries :tu:

When are people going to realise what we are now?

We're not a Premiership team, we can't scoff at the likes of McClean.

McClean is miles better than what we have on the wings right now.

A lot of our fans will scoff at any player we sign. No realisation of what we are now, the penny just aint dropped. These fans are in for a serious rude awakening over the next few years :(

Define winger and let us know where they fit into modern day football...

Plenty of scope for a decent pacey old school winger in the CHAMPIONSHIP. A bit different in the chess game tactical world of the Prem.

Now we're questioning a winger's place in the Championship?

Hello people.. Zaha!

Best player in the Championship last season and what was he? A winger. Shock horror!

Some people on this board seriously need a whack with last season's programmes.

Archived