BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Excellent? Really? That's certainly up for debate

He seems to be doing a decent job of making a steady championship team and he is hamstrung in what he can do but excellent is pushing it IMO

After JA, Kean, Shebby, Shaw and Agnew antics in the transfer market, I think "steady" qualifies as excellent.

From what I'm seeing, GB has detected the same weaknesses in the squad that people on this message board have been complaining about for years. And he appears to be doing something about it, as opposed to the lot in charge the past few years.

I have no idea whether we'll get promoted this season or not. But it appears to me that Gary Bowyer has put some thought into the matter and is putting together a team which might well achieve that objective, as opposed to merely throwing money at it.

so nicko says evans will join today and the fee will be 750k ...........

so why didnt we sign bannan again?

His wage demands? His agent's demands? Perhaps his life-style was off-putting?

I personally prefer Cairney and Evans to Bannan.

Etuhu is leaving us too once fit according to someone reliable on twitter.

Dicksons time is surely up now as he is a high earner and will most likely be paid off before FPP kicks in

Good.

Derek Shaw saying Rovers have done great business in signing Spurr and Cairney.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/a-great-day-of-business-961275.aspx

Derek should do himself a favor and not speak. I still don't like the fact he survived the most recent clean-up and I'm firmly of the opinion "out of sight and out of mind" would be beneficial to all concerned.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what superlatives you and the rest of the championship manager gang saying when Cameron Stewart signed.

Can't remember to be honest, from memory not many.

Can't say I have said any about cairney either but I am willing to give him a chance before writing him off for being injured for half a season and not breaking into Hulls midfield as a result.

Championship manager gang? Haha, I wish I had time to play that.

I'm somewhat of a happier bunny today (if) as it seems we have signed what could be young and promising midfielders in Cairney and Evans (I've not read back beyond a page or two so I may be wrong on Evans) as well as who may be a decent left back in Spurr.......if it doesn't transpire that he's a converted centre back after all ;)

The midfield lads may end up being all promise and no substance but that debate is for another day in the future.

Whilst I still feel promotion is very much beyond us barring half the league collapsing it's all about making small steps to build in that direction and this week I can see we are finally doing that. And the sun is shining, so come on Jal. Chin up!

IF it is sinclair also i hope he over this

On 8 May 2013 Sinclair had surgery on a blood clot in his shoulder. As a
result he was ruled out for any remaining games, ending a disappointing
debut season that finished with the winger only making 3 starts among a
meagre 15 appearances for the club.

After JA, Kean, Shebby, Shaw and Agnew antics in the transfer market, I think "steady" qualifies as excellent.

From what I'm seeing, GB has detected the same weaknesses in the squad that people on this message board have been complaining about for years. And he appears to be doing something about it, as opposed to the lot in charge the past few years.

I have no idea whether we'll get promoted this season or not. But it appears to me that Gary Bowyer has put some thought into the matter and is putting together a team which might well achieve that objective, as opposed to merely throwing money at it.

His wage demands? His agent's demands? Perhaps his life-style was off-putting?

I personally prefer Cairney and Evans to Bannan.

Good.

Derek should do himself a favor and not speak. I still don't like the fact he survived the most recent clean-up and I'm firmly of the opinion "out of sight and out of mind" would be beneficial to all concerned.

A Brilliant set of posts that I totally agree with, particularly the one about the shelfman

Trying to bring a touch of reality back into this thread before some you young lads start to wet yourselves over anyone with two legs that signs for Rovers.

Don't talk daft, JAL.

He'd only need the one leg.

Over all very happy with the type of players signed by GB....Left back sorted after a few years

.. Crainy good exciting player ... Evans Junior ok but then anything is better then you know who...

Regarding the winger all ill say is hope the selling club turn us down !...IMHO

ins: Eastwood , SPurr ,Kilgallon, Kane (loan) , Cairney , Evans , Marrow , Judge , Taylor , Campbell, Devarn Green *missed any1?

Outs: Murphy , Henrique , Goodwillie , Olsson , Anton Forrester , O Connell , Edwards

tink thats it off top of my head anyway

Not sure Evans has signed yet?

Nuno Gomes missed from the outs whilst Goodie, Forrester, O'Connell & Edwards are only out on loan.

Good summary though & I've probably missed some too.

I'm getting confused with all these signings, seriously how big is our squad??

Can someone do a recap of the ins and outs?

Thats how they make their money by moving lots and lots of players in and out of the club.

No you are just being a miserable, negative so and so as per usual. Everyone who ever signs is 'useless', the club is going to be relegated and everyone who even slightly disagrees with you is a 'delusional fantastist' in your eyes even when you have not seen them in action. Even if Rhodes scores 5 goals against Derby you will be moaning and banging on about a chance he missed.

That is not being realistic, don't flatter yourself, you are just a professional moaner who is aching for the club to fail just so you can wallow in a twisted orgy of grief and Piers Morgan levels of smugness because you can tell us all 'I told you so'. Even if we got promoted this season, you'd be the 1st on here to say we'll go straight back down, lose every game and so on.

EDIT: I know I am wasting my time by typing this, but I'll wait and see how these two Hull players get on. As Steve Moss said, they may both be better deals than Bannan whose wages/agent fees would be bigger, and may well come with baggage if the stories are true.

Do you know how big the agents fee was for the players just signed and the players wages ?

not seen enough of Williamson to comment but it does look like Etuhu is likely on his way. Not sure how much of a pay off he expects though. He's 3 years left on a reported £35K a week contract. I hope to god he doesn't get a £4.5m 'goodbye'.

blue I can tell you when Williamson played he was by far our best defensive midfielder got up and down very well got stuck in got great energy when fit has to be by far our first choice midfielder.

So one lad from Hull that could'nt get into their five man midfield as they gained promotion, is now deemed a good signing for Rovers. Sad times indeed.

Oh good god Morrissey resurfaces!lol! :lol:

Trying to bring a touch of reality back into this thread before some you young lads start to wet yourselves over anyone with two legs that signs for Rovers.

Touch of reality that is the pot calling the kettle black have you seen what division we are playing in?.I tell you what why don't you tell us who you would buy with the money GB has spent!.

Thats because the venkys didnt have the brainwave first haha

think of the shirt sales they will get :)

Also season ticket sales would have gone through the roof with the female population of Blackburn cornering the market!.

• Backroom

Not sure Evans has signed yet?

Nuno Gomes missed from the outs whilst Goodie, Forrester, O'Connell & Edwards are only out on loan.

Good summary though & I've probably missed some too.

What's striking is that Olsson is the only one we have been able to shift and bring in a fee for

i wudnt mind Nzogbia tbh be class in this lg but im sure he will be on big wages at villa plus isnt he injured?

Paul Lambert's encouraging summer has
taken a knock, after Charles N'Zogbia suffered an Achilles tendon injury
on holiday in Miami.

The France international is struggling to be fit for the start of the new campaign and may be sidelined for longer.

A statement on the midlands club's
website said N'Zogbia sustained the injury while keeping fit on holiday
in Miami, has undergone surgery in the United States and will return to
Birmingham next week to continue his rehabilitation

What's striking is that Olsson is the only one we have been able to shift and bring in a fee for

A big thank you goes out to Stevie 'the magic man' Kean for that one. All I can think of is that the players didnt give their all for him during the week and it became impossible to make them better players and thus demand a fee for them.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/8850170/transfer-news-one-direction-singer-louis-tomlinson-has-signed-for-Doncaster

Almost tore out my eyes thinking we signed him, headline said Rovers. Now I'm just laughing.

We'd be laughing if he followed/"signed" for us! Imagine the ticket/merchandise sales. I read somewhere the other day that the One Direction brand is worth £100m. Mind blowing.

Aren't these signings indicative of the new 'reality' we now live in. As long as we shift the parasites in the squad the fact that some are cautiously optimistic about some of the new signings seems perfectly reasonable to me. The constant negativity of your posts suggests it's been a long time since you 'wet yourself' over anything....

Archived