BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cairney is a very good player, young, fit, excellent first touch and can take corners and set peices. left footed but very creative... I think he could be a great foil and link up with Rochina pretty well and play along side an energetic lowe quite well... Overlal very pleased with him tbh :) Get him in the team for Sunday!!!So it's out, Tom Cairney is one of the players I was talking about last night, Nicko is right that there is potentially a very good player coming in on loan who is a winger but it is very early stages yet. The other centre mid is permanent signing.

I'm very happy that Rovers have done this Tom Cairney deal in private just like the Spurr and Evans deals. Good to see

Evans has played 18 times for N.I and has experience, could be quite a shrewd signing if you ask me

Totally agree. experience at Championship level. what we needed

I'm pretty pleased with the two signings from Hull. Both good championship players who got promoted last year. Not exciting names but will probably do a very good job for us.

Feels like Bowyer is very much taking the same approach Hull did last year with getting in players who knew how to win games in this league although not very exciting names. It therefore seems apt that we've signed two players from Hull.

On paper, we have a team full of championship players and not exactly exciting names. However, I feel that Bowyer is putting together a decent group who will perform well as a team. The championship is not about having a team full of individuals, it's about having an effective group of players who work well as a team.

I agree 100% Rovers11

Two players from Hull, weren't they supposedly wanting Rhodes. Mmmm?

No chance. plus they have signed 2 strikers.

Holy crap we have a lot of players..

Finally a left back tho, we've been weak there for years in my opinion, and I don't think kilgallon would have been the answer from what i've seen in the friendlies, but it's still early so who knows.

Yup, looks like Etuhu is on the way out. Not sure if I like it, even if he's on high wages. I have a gut feeling he would do well for us this season.

My gut feeling is that we are going to be burnt by only signing Cairney on a 6 month loan. Think he'll do very well here and was even being touted as a future England international when he first broke into the hull team in 2010.

If he's fully recovered from his injury then we have a top player on our hands. Him, Evans and hopefully this good prem winger means we will have a decent midfield next season.

Quite hopeful of getting top 6.

So one lad from Hull that could'nt get into their five man midfield as they gained promotion, is now deemed a good signing for Rovers. Sad times indeed.

Potentially a very good signing. You need these type of players to get you out of this league. You then ditch them and sign better players when you get to the prem.

So one lad from Hull that could'nt get into their five man midfield as they gained promotion, is now deemed a good signing for Rovers. Sad times indeed.

We'd have been disappointed if you'd said anything else, JAL.

You're a bit like Danny Murphy.....a bit too predictable ;)

He missed the first half of the season through injury and by then they were already flying high so it was always going to be hard to break in to the team. Cairney is a skilful creative little player which is exactly what we need. Can I ask what sort of standard of player do you think we should be signing as a club who last season just about stayed in the Championship and has no money to spend ?

hate to sound like a broken record but 2 in today , 3 possibly with Evans plus the mystery winger the 3-4 signings Bowyer wanted at the beginning of the week seem to be getting done , but we really need to start shipping a few out soon , i know its easier said than done but we just cannot sustain or justify the squad size we currently have

poor quality WUM-ing that Jal. I'd say i expected better, but id be lying

Trying to bring a touch of reality back into this thread before some you young lads start to wet yourselves over anyone with two legs that signs for Rovers.

hate to sound like a broken record but 2 in today , 3 possibly with Evans plus the mystery winger the 3-4 signings Bowyer wanted at the beginning of the week seem to be getting done , but we really need to start shipping a few out soon , i know its easier said than done but we just cannot sustain or justify the squad size we currently have

I agree.

Etuhu is going to leave. so that's a good move by Rovers. not the player we need.

But we need to get rid of at least 8 players this month. Players we need rid of are Formica, Pedersen, Orr, Riberio, Givet, Rosado, Robinson, Slew,

• Backroom

ALSO correy evans just tweeted good luck to the tigers hes signed for us with the look of it

also retweeted sum1 who asked if he was joining

Looks like a fake account to me although why someone would pretend to be him I have no idea

Ps I think you sit a few rows behind me, are you the guy that sang the Benjani song to the tune of Barbara Streisand?

Looks like a fake account to me although why someone would pretend to be him I have no idea

Ps I think you sit a few rows behind me, are you the guy that sang the Benjani song to the tune of Barbara Streisand?

ermmm possibly i do silly things when im drunk *not thaty im sober at rovers games anymore*

row 31 seat 8 < is where i sit im usually the noisy 1 :D

Guest Norbert

Trying to bring a touch of reality back into this thread before some you young lads start to wet yourselves over anyone with two legs that signs for Rovers.

No you are just being a miserable, negative so and so as per usual. Everyone who ever signs is 'useless', the club is going to be relegated and everyone who even slightly disagrees with you is a 'delusional fantastist' in your eyes even when you have not seen them in action. Even if Rhodes scores 5 goals against Derby you will be moaning and banging on about a chance he missed.

That is not being realistic, don't flatter yourself, you are just a professional moaner who is aching for the club to fail just so you can wallow in a twisted orgy of grief and Piers Morgan levels of smugness because you can tell us all 'I told you so'. Even if we got promoted this season, you'd be the 1st on here to say we'll go straight back down, lose every game and so on.

EDIT: I know I am wasting my time by typing this, but I'll wait and see how these two Hull players get on. As Steve Moss said, they may both be better deals than Bannan whose wages/agent fees would be bigger, and may well come with baggage if the stories are true.

Archived