BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't know much about the cairney but his injury happened in august and he cant back into the team around december....i guess due to other players being ahead of him by that time means he only got the 14 appearances.

i am fine with this deal as long as there is a permanent signing for midfield on it's way in. We need somebody long term to come in and run the midfield

• Backroom

Very good news.I'll probably be logged in all day, waiting to find out who the midfielder might be. I feel like a kid waiting for the sun to rise on Christmas Day.Again, Bowyer is doing an excellent job this transfer window.

Excellent? Really? That's certainly up for debate

He seems to be doing a decent job of making a steady championship team and he is hamstrung in what he can do but excellent is pushing it IMO

don't know much about the cairney but his injury happened in august and he cant back into the team around december....i guess due to other players being ahead of him by that time means he only got the 14 appearances.

i am fine with this deal as long as there is a permanent signing for midfield on it's way in. We need somebody long term to come in and run the midfield

Despite going up Hull weren't that great a team, so to not get into that team doesn't fill me with confidence that this is a good signing. Mediocre at best- getting a Hull reserve is hardly making big strides to improve the team. Felt a lot more excited by Judge and Taylor transfers tbh. And that's before we consider any fitness issues.

Agree with the second point. We need someone in our team who we can build a team around who can run the midfield i.e. a player of quality, or a player who is good enough to be a leader of this team. We've plenty of decent and squad players, arguably as good a supporting cast as most championship teams but what we need is lead actors, those who'll raise the quality of the team, leaders that the other players can look to. Cairney is not that player imo.

So it's out, Tom Cairney is one of the players I was talking about last night, Nicko is right that there is potentially a very good player coming in on loan who is a winger but it is very early stages yet. The other centre mid is permanent signing.

can play centre back also. Hul fans seem to think he is decent enough for championship. (evans that is)

And the other name
Is out! Corey Evans. Young brother of united centre back. Very good athletic centre mid who will get stuck in for anyone who doesn't know much about him.

is this loan or permanent?

Uninspired to say the least. Could be what we need after having two players that relied on their past in the middle of the park. (Murphy/Etuhu)

At least GB is prepared to stick his neck out and has identified what everyone on here has said need sorting.

Guest Norbert

Things have suddenly erupted all of a sudden. God knows what this Hull player is like, but hopefully he can do the business. With these players all suddenly coming in, are we seeing a 'promotion or bust' charge by Venky's, are they willing to cover the wages this season, or are we finally getting rid of a lot of the deadwood soon?

can play centre back also. Hul fans seem to think he is decent enough for championship. (evans that is)

is this loan or permanent?

As far as I'm aware it's permanent, it was supposed to be, if on loan it will def have a perm deal clause in it.

Things have suddenly erupted all of a sudden. God knows what this Hull player is like, but hopefully he can do the business. With these players all suddenly coming in, are we seeing a 'promotion or bust' charge by Venky's, are they willing to cover the wages this season, or are we finally getting rid of a lot of the deadwood soon?

Not sure a Hull squad player counts as promotion or bust!

Hopefully getting more depth to the squad. But this doesn't seem the caliber of player to make a full tilt at promotion.

If he's our key midfield signing either:

a) he's a panic signing

B) we're content to be an average championship side.

And the other name

Is out! Corey Evans. Young brother of united centre back. Very good athletic centre mid who will get stuck in for anyone who doesn't know much about him.

i thoiught corey evans was well-regarded at Hull and would be part of their Prem team this season?

A) Hull got promoted last year ?

B) Corry Evans Was a big part of it

a) yes Hull did, but they didn't look too inspiring.

B) was referring to Cairney who didn't play that big a role in Hull's season, suggesting he's not that great a player.

If Corry Evans was a big part of Hull's promotion that's more room for optimism, although hopefully he can play a bit as we've a fair few tacklers - Lowe, Marrow, Williamson and Etuhu but need someone who can pass it as well.

Archived