BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to bring a touch of reality back into this thread before some you young lads start to wet yourselves over anyone with two legs that signs for Rovers.

Why, thank you! It's a long, long time since i've been called young, probably around the same time as you were last called interesting. Anyway, i'm off to listen to some Leonard Cohen now to cheer myself up. It's what i do after reading your posts.

Keep smiling grumps.

Over all very happy with the type of players signed by GB....Left back sorted after a few years

.. Crainy good exciting player ... Evans Junior ok but then anything is better then you know who...

Regarding the winger all ill say is hope the selling club turn us down !...IMHO

Unleaded is a knowledgable as they come .... if he thinks he's crap ...... he is crap

N'Zogbia just doesnt seem a Bowyeresque signing to me. Its not only extremely optimistic, but just a bad fit. Although I will say this much, the squad now needs two things. Cut the cancerous deadwood adrift and bring in one real piece of quality. If it was me then id sooner have signed a winger with promise and a cm with genuine here and now quality AND experience. Someone who could lead the young lads but also still play a bit. The side still needs a leader imo.

Considering who we have at our disposal now I really don't think 442 suits us too well. But we still have the same issue we had last season. Our best player and most valuable commodity plays best with a partner upfront. That then dictates the rest if the side. Best is too good and too expensive not to play and now we have an abundance of midfield destroyers. When you look at it in those terms the individual pieces juat don't seem to fit. I'll be really interested to see how GB sets thr side up in the next few weeks. A radical tactical change seems unlikely. Preseason is about two things. Building fitness and implementation of the tactical set up you want to use. For that reason I can't see us changing our shape anytime soon.

could it possibly be the enigma Peter Odemwingie?

West brom obviouslly getting rid and maybe worth a cheeky punt?

I doubt it mate as I saw on sky sports news earlier that Cardiff were interested in buying him.

Mclean was hoping to stay in PL and there was 1 or 2 suitors , but whatever reason they never followed it up ... Rovers must of retained an interest

Archived