BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

He has already had time, if you're good enough then you're good enough... The boy plainly isn't. Loan him out and see if he can find his feet on someone else's time because he cant be a justified pick above the other midfielders we have now.

If Dann leaves I can see Bowyer making him team captain. He's the first name on the teamsheet.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Dann leaves I can see Bowyer making him team captain. He's the first name on the teamsheet.

Depressing. There is a determination from everyone at Rovers to turn Lowe into a player... I fear they're all going to waste their time.

On a different point, hasn't Cairney loaned with an option to buy? Though it was mentioned on here.

He has already had time, if you're good enough then you're good enough... The boy plainly isn't. Loan him out and see if he can find his feet on someone else's time because he cant be a justified pick above the other midfielders we have now.

If your good enough, your good enough?

That must be why Lowe is already getting paid thousands to play professional sport. Respected by club and International managers alike. Clueless the lot of them. You would think they would listen to the views presented on here.

Depressing. There is a determination from everyone at Rovers to turn Lowe into a player... I fear they're all going to waste their time.

On a different point, hasn't Cairney loaned with an option to buy? Though it was mentioned on here.

That determination could come from what they see on the training pitch? That's why Im saying give him a year in a stable team. Lets be honest hes been introduced into a team at the worst possible time in living memory.

The best teams introduce the younger players slowly into stable teams giving the best opportunity to develop and flourish, rather than the worst possible conditions which is plainly the case the last few years at Rovers. You never know, you might actually see other youngsters start to improve this next year with Bowyer in charge and everything appearing to be a little more sane at Rovers. There are a lot of younger players now at rovers and this may produce a good team spirit.

I hadn't realised about the option to buy. If true that's a lot more reassuring.

Quite depressing to see the stick Lowe is getting from almost all angles of our support. A young model pro who keeps his head down and gives 110% every week, yet it's still not enough for some fans. His weaknesses on the pitch are well documented but young players need support if they're ever going to flourish, not to be scapegoated by the locals when the chips are down.

That determination could come from what they see on the training pitch? That's why Im saying give him a year in a stable team. Lets be honest hes been introduced into a team at the worst possible time in living memory.

The best teams introduce the younger players slowly into stable teams giving the best opportunity to develop and flourish, rather than the worst possible conditions which is plainly the case the last few years at Rovers. You never know, you might actually see other youngsters start to improve this next year with Bowyer in charge and everything appearing to be a little more sane at Rovers. There are a lot of younger players now at rovers and this may produce a good team spirit.

I hadn't realised about the option to buy. If true that's a lot more reassuring.

Can't spot anything on official site about option to buy.

To sum up - our squad according to Rovers official site:

GK Robinson, Kean, Eastwood

RB Kane, Henley, Orr

LB Spurr, Olsson, Morris

CB G Hanley, Kilgallon, Dann, Givet

LW/LM Pedersen, Nunes, McClean

RW/RM Taylor, King

CM/DM Evans, Lowe, Cairney, Williamson, Etuhu, O'Sullivan, Marrow, R. Hanley

AM/FW Rosado, Judge, Dunn, Formica

ST DJ Campbell, Rhodes, Best, Rochina

O'Connor has been loaned out

I put Evans and McClean in there as it looks like GB wants to fill those spots in the team..

Was going to post the list myself.. we certainly have a scary number of midfielders and I don't necessarily think having so many players overall is a bad thing if GB can man manage them (which I believe is one of his strengths).

When you consider there are pretty much two match day squads worth of players and if McClean joins the flexibility to play the full range of formations and exploit weaknesses or counter opposition strengths.. we can't be in to bad of a shape.

IMO it is pretty interesting that for pretty much every position we have two and sometimes three players and in each case we have one experienced and at least one young lad... that must be the first time we have had every position so well covered and some intense competition for each position.

I would guess that looking through that lot per position Formica, Etuhu, Olsson, Robinson, Givet or Dann, Orr and MGP will be all up for sale with Rosado, o'Sullivan (although apparently now injured) and R Hanley be up for loan.

I don't get the comments about Eastwood, simple fact is Robinson is injured for the next few months.. so we had to get in a backup keeper even if only until he returns.

I put Evans and McClean in there as it looks like GB wants to fill those spots in the team..

Was going to post the list myself.. we certainly have a scary number of midfielders and I don't necessarily think having so many players overall is a bad thing if GB can man manage them (which I believe is one of his strengths).

When you consider there are pretty much two match day squads worth of players and if McClean joins the flexibility to play the full range of formations and exploit weaknesses or counter opposition strengths.. we can't be in to bad of a shape.

IMO it is pretty interesting that for pretty much every position we have two and sometimes three players and in each case we have one experienced and at least one young lad... that must be the first time we have had every position so well covered and some intense competition for each position.

I would guess that looking through that lot per position Formica, Etuhu, Olsson, Robinson, Givet or Dann, Orr and MGP will be all up for sale with Rosado, o'Sullivan (although apparently now injured) and R Hanley be up for loan.

I don't get the comments about Eastwood, simple fact is Robinson is injured for the next few months.. so we had to get in a backup keeper even if only until he returns.

Personally, I can see Etuhu, being planned to go, if possible and I don't really think Raheem is up to it or will feature all that much mate.

Corry Evans signing confirmed.

Blackburn Rovers

Rovers have completed the signing of Corry Evans from Hull City. The Northern ireland international has signed 3yr deal for an undsc fee.
Also... Orr on his way?

This is the 1st time in my career that I havnt prepared to play in the season opener...feels quite strange but all will be revealed in time!

Every silver lining...

Blackburn Rovers

Rovers have completed the signing of Corry Evans from Hull City. The Northern ireland international has signed 3yr deal for an undsc fee.

Also... Orr on his way?

Bradley Orr@bradleyorr210m

This is the 1st time in my career that I havnt prepared to play in the season opener...feels quite strange but all will be revealed in time!

Has a cloud...

Makes you wonder if people posting the links online alert other clubs.

I'd much sooner hear about a decent new signing.

Blackburn Rovers

Also... Orr on his way?

Bradley Orr@bradleyorr210m

Very happy with Evans.

Orr can go, that would be great.

Blackburn Rovers

Also... Orr on his way?

Not prepared for the season opener? What's he been doing all pre season?

Looks like Evans was just under a million according to cryer. Looking forward to see what he can do, shame he won't be fit for Sunday. @andrew_cryer: I am surprised Rovers have spent almost a million on a player though. Good luck to them, hope it pays off. EDIT Chris Flanagan just tweeted this @ChrisFlanaganLT: Rovers boss Gary Bowyer confirms the signing of Corry Evans from Hull. Three-year deal, fee said to be not too far off 500k.

A few Tweets I've found from Hull fans about Corry.

Corry Evans has left #hcafc. Disappointed, but the lad will benefit from being first choice at #brfc and he was a cracking player for us.

Sad to see Corry Evans go. Think we have lost a real talent. #hcafc

Jesus christ, my heart feels like it's been ripped in two! Can't believe we've let corry evans go, the best midfielder at the club #gutted

Corry Evans was a vastly underrated player for Hull City. Shame that we have to see him go. We must be bringing in some MFs soon?!

Why have we sold Corry Evans!?

Not really seen anything bad about him.

A few Tweets I've found from Hull fans about Corry.

Matthew Rudd@MatthewJRudd2m

Corry Evans has left #hcafc. Disappointed, but the lad will benefit from being first choice at #brfc and he was a cracking player for us.

Andy Marsters@TheMarsters1m

Sad to see Corry Evans go. Think we have lost a real talent. #hcafc

TJ@xtylerjay3m

Jesus christ, my heart feels like it's been ripped in two! Can't believe we've let corry evans go, the best midfielder at the club #gutted

Simon Jones@Si_Jones_2m

Corry Evans was a vastly underrated player for Hull City. Shame that we have to see him go. We must be bringing in some MFs soon?!

17 Days ⚽@FinallyDylan51s

Why have we sold Corry Evans!?

Not really seen anything bad about him.

That is hugely positive, this is a great signing for us. Well done GB.

Corry Evans signing a Three year deal according to Chris Flanagan LT, after talking to Bowyer. Shrewd signing and giving us some steel in the middle of the park!

Signed for under £500.000...so good business.

Well probably see these players leave:

Etuhu,

Robinson,

Orr

Formica

Rosado

Olsson or Morris

Archived