BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Can someone please advise what is the latest on Yann Songo'o are we likely to sign him? & when is the signing likely to be announced? I would like to know as when done I am going to get his name on the back of my home L/S shirt Thanks.

Good job you didn't get Dave Jones

I enjoy your random selection of players for shirt names

Depressing. There is a determination from everyone at Rovers to turn Lowe into a player... I fear they're all going to waste their time.

Don't mean to pick you out on anything here but this post might as well read:

"Depressing. There is a determination from the qualified professionals at Rovers whose actual job it is to identify young talent and turn Lowe into a player ....I, being merely a fan with an opinion fear the professionals who know the game inside out are wasting their time.

"Depressing. There is a determination from the qualified professionals at Rovers whose actual job it is to identify young talent and turn Lowe into a player ....I, being merely a fan with an opinion fear the professionals who know the game inside out are wasting their time.

No it's fine.

What i'm actually getting at there is, he should be loaned out because whilst he remains here, with the competition he has, his development is going to be limited. Having played for a few clubs myself when i was younger, I can assure you, there are plenty of 'qualified professionals' who worryingly get jobs in football.... Steve Kean???

Plus I don't think he's good enough for the championship.

Guest Norbert

Maybe the people think Lowe (or should that be Andrews Mk II going on his popularity) could develop into a Robbie Savage type of player-energetic destroyer who lets skilful players do their thing.

I haven't seen enough of him to say whether he can really become such a player, but perhaps that is their thinking.

If they were as good as you think, we would never sign a bad player.

Good job you didn't get Dave Jones

I enjoy your random selection of players for shirt names

I hope not signing Jones doesn't come back and kick us in the ass, cause this lad even though he is so left footed, is just what we and most teams in this division need, a decent footballer with fantastic work ethics and chips in with a few goals to boot!

Was just looking at the Telegraph's round up of Championship signings and couldn't help but notice this..

Blackburn Rovers
In: Corry Evans (Hull, Undisclosed), Devarn Green (Burton, Undisclosed), DJ Campbell (QPR, Free), Simon Eastwood (Portsmouth, Free), Alan Judge (Notts Co, Free), Matt Kilgallon (Sunderland, Free), Alex Marrow (Crystal Palace, Free), Tommy Spurr (Doncaster, Free), Chris Taylor (Millwall, Free), Tom Cairney (Hull, Loan), Todd Kane (Chelsea, Loan).
Out: Martin Olsson (Norwich, £2.5m), Chris Dilo (St Mirren, Free), Ashley Eastham (Rochdale, Free), Adam Evans (Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Free), Peter Wylie (Skelmersdale, Free), David Goodwillie (Dundee United, Loan), Anton Forrester (Bury, Loan), Jack O'Connell (Rochdale, Loan), Ryan Edwards (Chesterfield, Loan), Edinho Juniot (Whitehawk, Loan).
Released: David Dunn, Micah Evans, Reece Hands, Ryan Humphreys, Danny Laverty, Jamie Maclaren, Osayamen Osawe, Peter Wylie.

Fools!

I hope not signing Jones doesn't come back and kick us in the ass, cause this lad even though he is so left footed, is just what we and most teams in this division need, a decent footballer with fantastic work ethics and chips in with a few goals to boot!

Just listening to commentary Jones playing very well with Dean Marney in midfield against Bolton.

Burnley just scored now 1-0

No it's fine.

What i'm actually getting at there is, he should be loaned out because whilst he remains here, with the competition he has, his development is going to be limited. Having played for a few clubs myself when i was younger, I can assure you, there are plenty of 'qualified professionals' who worryingly get jobs in football.... Steve Kean???

Plus I don't think he's good enough for the championship.

I understand what you mean about the loan system, but he's already been loaned out twice before and has obviously impressed the right people to be called up in to the senior squad and not loaned out again.

I honestly believe we will see a lot more of Lowe this season because he's willing to do other people's jobs for them (mop up after a run to nowhere, cover for out of position players etc)

But I also believe he's going to get the Wilcox/Pedersen treatment by some fans.

We know he wasn't all that great as a manager, but as a coach, Steve Kean was highly rated (Big Sam signed him and said as much)

If they were as good as you think, we would never sign a bad player.

And if they were as bad as some people think we'd never sign a good player.

I

And if they were as bad as some people think we'd never sign a good player.

So the fact that some footballing people rate him, is of no significance at all, which was my point. So many fans use the argument that any manager knows more about any players ability than any fan does. Wrong.

Just listening to commentary Jones playing very well with Dean Marney in midfield against Bolton.

Burnley just scored now 1-0

Actually watching the game and Jones has been almost anonymous.

Watching the game too and I haven't even noticed David Jones.

Edit: It's also obviously clear something has gone on behind the scenes with him so people need to get over it.

We probably aren't prepared the wages that Burnley are. The future's bright.

• Backroom

A moment in the first half summed up his weakness, he received the ball under no pressure then ran in a complete circle to get the ball onto his left foot before he could make a simple pass

He reminds me of Zoolander

Archived