BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get up on an Australian winter's morning and it seems that there is outgoing activity. Instead I find post after post of kean about a third choice full back who doesn't appear to be going anywhere imminently.

'Never mind' I think, 'I'll check to see if there are developments on the

possible transfer targets summer 2013 thread' only to find three pages of similar kean there. Honestly, cant this crap be taken somewhere else? Also can someone tell me if anything has happened with MacLean so I don't have to wade through post after post about Bradley sodding Orr?

Well said !

Have'nt heard or read a thing about Maclean today.

Last I heard Fulham were after some midfielder(not winger) and Celtic had brought a winger in from abroad,

so as far as we know it could still be on, but probably a long shot.

You can go back to bed now.

Have'nt heard or read a thing about Maclean today.

Last I heard Fulham were after some midfielder(not winger) and Celtic had brought a winger in from abroad,

so as far as we know it could still be on, but probably a long shot.

Wonder if that's who Broxi74 was referring to in his Introduction post...?

Guest Norbert

Not sure Celtic need him, unless that Commons gets sold. Not sure if Fulham have anyone to back up Alex Kacaniklic though.

The locals reckon England have won two tests through dodgy umpires and the vagaries of the DRS. Now they'll say they've been retained through 'Daggy Pom weather'

I digress, disappointing but not unexpected re MacLean.

Aw Bless ;)

There is no news on anything and no movement on McClean and the last I read far better options were there for him (Fuham/Celtic). So barring a labotomy McClean won't be coming

Fulham and Celtic have come into this late.... Rovers only wanted to loan him if he goes on a permanent transfer then PDC will have his wish ...However .... there are people at Sunderland who do not want him to leave on a permanent deal Where he goes will say much more about who is calling the shots at Sunderland

The locals reckon England have won two tests through dodgy umpires and the vagaries of the DRS. Now they'll say they've been retained through 'Daggy Pom weather'

I digress, disappointing but not unexpected re MacLean.

That's the trouble with those Aussies, always bloody whingeing !

I think Maclean would be a great loan for us, would suit Rhodes and Best the way he bangs crosses in at speed,

think he could really open defences in this league.

We can only hope !

Does Bowyer have alternative targets in case Fulham or Celtic beat us to his signature? Which they will, all things considered, if they are serious.

Would not surprise me if he does have a few options, only need to look how the last two weeks have worked out.. lots of names have appeared out of the blue, all pretty decent and well we did the job getting them in. I do wonder how Bannan and Spearing feel now they are looking forward to a season in the stands.

Does the number of players who have gone to other clubs (in same division) signify that GB is not a great pulling power, or enthusiastic enough to draw players? Im thinking back to Newell and McKay / Daglish here?

Does the number of players who have gone to other clubs (in same division) signify that GB is not a great pulling power, or enthusiastic enough to draw players? Im thinking back to Newell and McKay / Daglish here?

Who have we been interested in that has then gone on to sign for another club? Luke Murphy is the only 1 i can think of?

I'm actually starting to wonder how much who the current manager is a factor anymore? Average tenure is 1 year and 7 months (if i remember rightly) and players are often signing 4 year deals so i think it has a lot more to do with money and if i'm being honest (it also follows that a club with more money is likely to be more successful in terms of achieving things).

The People (sorry, can't provide a link) says that Fulham are in for Scott Dann with Chris Barid looking like signing for Blackpool. We are looking at Oldham center half James Tarkowski as a Dann replacement.

Oh and the small matter of our owners bing in "panic" as they attempt to avoid "financial hell". Desperate to shift Robbo and Etuhu who, along with Leon Best, are on £32k pw. Mentions the possibility of flogging Rhodes but the owners don't want to disillusion the fan base.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2384205/Blackburn-Rovers-looking-future-Gary-Bowyer.html

Something for everyone in that article. Bowyer seems confident of keeping Rhodes, there's a lovely picture of Shebby and Bowyer refers to our glorious leader as 'Madame'wink.png

I wish we'd had Michael Atherton instead of Appy - Probably would've done a better job!

Would not surprise me if he does have a few options, only need to look how the last two weeks have worked out.. lots of names have appeared out of the blue, all pretty decent and well we did the job getting them in. I do wonder how Bannan and Spearing feel now they are looking forward to a season in the stands.

Sadly, such is the modern game I don't think they'll give a monkeys.

Not sure Celtic need him, unless that Commons gets sold. Not sure if Fulham have anyone to back up Alex Kacaniklic though.

I remember some player called Djegah or something for them last season who's a winger. Then Duff is still there as well, along with other guys who can play on the wing like Richardson and Bryan Ruiz.

The locals reckon England have won two tests through dodgy umpires and the vagaries of the DRS.

Typical self delusive Aussie. You've been royally stuffed up to now.

Archived