BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the fact that some footballing people rate him, is of no significance at all, which was my point. So many fans use the argument that any manager knows more about any players ability than any fan does. Wrong.

I wasn't singling out a manager, but the scouts/various youth development staff at the club know more.

So watching a player every day in training, knowing his lifestyle, knowing his strengths and weakness' because, as I put before, he's been watched every day and is analysied very closely.

Is on par with a standard fan who sees him play maybe twice a month?

I don't really post much but I've read this board almost every day for years. I used to really enjoy your posts Den, always sensible and I often agreed, but recently you rarely lost and when you do it's really negative. It's a shame that our fan base has changed so much because of obvious reasons...

I'm hoping the two Hull lads prove to be better than Jones. Fingers crossed they work well together and Lowe and Marrow can be used as back up or only one will play.

I don't really post much but I've read this board almost every day for years. I used to really enjoy your posts Den, always sensible and I often agreed, but recently you rarely lost and when you do it's really negative. It's a shame that our fan base has changed so much because of obvious reasons...

I know Pugg, you're dead right. I took a break from posting for two or three months lately, because of that very reason. I'm well aware that, for me, there are no positives. It's probably time to make way for the new generation of posters who simply don't want negativity.

Oh - and as for Jones, it is quite possible that rovers knew what wages he wanted and decided to go down the route they have. None of our signings so far would be asking for anywhere near to what an ex PL player would want.

You definitely shouldn't make way for anyone Den, even if when you post it is negative, I just miss your, and a few others, balanced posts that looked at things from different sides. I never felt the need to post as you or someone else would say exactly what I thought.

Hopefully we'll get back to that point.

Do Burnley pay decent wages?

I've still got a little buzz waiting for tomorrow so im hoping GB can pull something decent off this season. I suppose it's easier for me to handle in Jersey rather than being there going to every game.

I know Pugg, you're dead right. I took a break from posting for two or three months lately, because of that very reason. I'm well aware that, for me, there are no positives. It's probably time to make way for the new generation of posters who simply don't want negativity.

Oh - and as for Jones, it is quite possible that rovers knew what wages he wanted and decided to go down the route they have. None of our signings so far would be asking for anywhere near to what an ex PL player would want.

like Matt Kilgallon, DJ Campbell or Corry Evans? all technically Prem players when they signed for us.

Or it is quite possible GB didn't really rate him all that much and thought he could bring in a better quality of player, which arguably he has done. Burnley are notorious for paying very low wages and spending minimal amounts of money.

Also they handed a new deal to Dunn, of whom receives premier league rate wages. Campbell and Kilgallon were both in the premier league at points last season, they wouldn't have wanted to take too much of a wage cut. Evans i'd guess, would be receiving decent size wages.

And in terms of Jones, I very much doubt he would be commanding to much of a high wage, he's hardly ever played in the top flight and was just released by his former parent club, hardly had a bucket full of teams chasing his signature, wanted to stay in the north west area, therefore I don't think he would have had to much going for him, in terms of demanding PL type wages.

Isn't Luke Murphy that kean player of the year from League 1? I'll say no more.

Bit early to make a judgement. I've seen some very poor players score the odd goal.

On technique alone - yes. But where would you play him and with whom?

This isnt for every game but horses for courses id play him up front with either JR, LB or DJ. Hes our best header of a ball, best provider of a cross, and our best shooter from outside the box, all plusses for me.

Archived