BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

hes played 75 games in 2 seasons so id say he was a regular wonder why they selling him? Mustnt think he is premiership quality :-/

Im a little underwhlemed but will support them while they wear the blue n white

blackpool signed jack robinson from liverpool i wish we had gone for him decent left back imo :|

so we gone from Spearing - Bannan - Cairney (loan) and Evans?

Meh cant help but feel a little dissapointed but as i dunno much aboput them i cant really judge them until i see them play

Hope they prove to be decent enough players for us

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another one coming as well? apart from evans and cairney?

A prem winger being looked at. Very early stage, no point naming names, as many players get to this stage but deal falls through for various reasons. If he came though I would be delighted!

Guest Norbert

Bowyer's probably aiming to build a stable, solid 1st division team with unspectacular but fairly reliable names, and will hopefully get rid of quite a few of the Premier League names that have really under performed. You almost need two entirely set of players for both divisions nowadays. There are some exceptions, but promoted teams that stay up more than 1 season usually sell the core players of their promotion winning 11 pretty quickly.

hes played 75 games in 2 seasons so id say he was a regular wonder why they selling him? Mustnt think he is premiership quality :-/

Im a little underwhlemed but will support them while they wear the blue n white

blackpool signed jack robinson from liverpool i wish we had gone for him decent left back imo :|

so we gone from Spearing - Bannan - Cairney (loan) and Evans?

Meh cant help but feel a little dissapointed but as i dunno much aboput them i cant really judge them until i see them play

Hope they prove to be decent enough players for us

To be fair Hull seem to be being very ruthless this summer. They've also got rid of Hobbs who was first choice centre back for them last season, and did well for them, and seemingly deserved a crack at premier league football. There was a number of championship teams who wanted him before he chose Forest.

So wouldn't write Evans off on that basis, and assuming he's signing a permanent deal could be a shrewd signing, especially if he can pass the ball well. (If not how many defensive midfielders do we need?!?)

Having said that there's a big gap in quality between the premiership and championship and going from premiership squad players to championship players as targets is a bit deflating. Certainly there's less chance of them being the quality signings we need to bolster the first 11. (Not advocating the likes of Murphy and Etuhu, will little incentive but cash, rather young talents around the fringes of premiership first teams who will grow and develop and will be hungry for games and eager to making an impact.)

To be fair Hull seem to be being very ruthless this summer. They've also got rid of Hobbs who was first choice centre back for them last season, and did well for them, and seemingly deserved a crack at premier league football. There was a number of championship teams who wanted him before he chose Forest.

So wouldn't write Evans off on that basis, and assuming he's signing a permanent deal could be a shrewd signing, especially if he can pass the ball well. (If not how many defensive midfielders do we need?!?)

Having said that there's a big gap in quality between the premiership and championship and going from premiership squad players to championship players as targets is a bit deflating. Certainly there's less chance of them being the quality signings we need to bolster the first 11. (Not advocating the likes of Murphy and Etuhu, will little incentive but cash, rather young talents around the fringes of premiership first teams who will grow and develop and will be hungry for games and eager to making an impact.)

thats a fair post and i agree with u as i said i dont really know much about neither of them didnt really watch much champ football apart from rovers last season and aint seen much of neither of them.

Just think a lot of ppl will be a bit deflated by these signings. As i said i hope they prove to be shrewd signings i just cant help but feel if we really wanted spearing or bannan we cudda tried a little harder knowing we just got 2 lads in who will prolyt cost the same as 1 of them would.

Sunday's starting line-up will be interesting.

tenner says Lowe starts still :)

Two Championship quality signings in a day.

A left back and a technically gifted midfielder, both positions we were looking to fill.

Why are people complaining?

Face it we have to fall under the new FFP rules and we can't doing that signing people like Murphy, Etuhu and Rhodes every season.

We've signed players already ready for this league so I don't see how any complaints are valid, barely any of you will have watched these players enough to know whether they're good or not.

• Backroom

Good luck to the lads, hard not to feel a tad underwhelmed but I suppose its hard to shake some of the Premier League mentality

This is going to be very much Gary Bowyers team focused on young and hungry players in the main so its imperative that we stick by him as another manager would possibly want a totally different tact and a major rehaul

Its anyone's guess whether this will pay off or not but we have to trust the boss on this

Personally I'm not sure if I would have preferred one real difference maker in the middle to three with potential

Every signing that happens makes it seem less likely that Songo'o will get his deal

Evans won't be fit for the Derby match anyway.

Has been injured during pre season and should be back to full fitness in a weeks time.

Pleasantly surprised by this signing but why sign Marrow?

Etuhu is leaving us too once fit according to someone reliable on twitter.

Happy with the left back signing as he appears to be better then what we already had there. Not so sure about the lads from Hull. Just seem to be adding to an already large squad. I would also have preferred one top top signing than a lot of mediocre ones.

But that's the market we're in now I guess.

so nicko says evans will join today and the fee will be 750k ...........

so why didnt we sign bannan again?

I would guess it was due to his wage demands. He is on £25k at Villa and probably wanted the same from us.

Archived