BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

If Davis signs alongside Bannan then that's aceptable. If it's instead of Bannan then that is a real step down.

Bannan aint coming to Rovers. his wage demands and agent fees are too much for Rovers. cant see Bowyer going back in for him. Bannan will rot in ressies at Villa then move on a free transfer.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bannan aint coming to Rovers. his wage demands and agent fees are too much for Rovers. cant see Bowyer going back in for him. Bannan will rot in ressies at Villa then move on a free transfer.

Bannan will move in this window, possibly on a loan deal if his agent doesn't lower his demands.

Davis is a good all action midfielder and is better than what we have but we need a technically gifted player like Bannan in there.

Bannan will move in this window, possibly on a loan deal if his agent doesn't lower his demands.

Davis is a good all action midfielder and is better than what we have but we need a technically gifted player like Bannan in there.

Lots of Wolves fans saying he was bang average last season and might be capable of a decent job in League One.

Hardly a ringing endorsement from those who have seen him on a weekly basis and definitely not an improvement on what we already have.

No suprise to me if players don't want to join the mad-house. Whether it is a lack of faith in Bowyer, reduced financial packages, concerns over our owners, management or the club in general, or simply worries over our ambition and a lack of confidence in our ability to do anything other than settle mid-table is open to conjecture.

At the start of the window when Eastwood, Judge and Taylor all signed on, to all those expressing concern at the quality of the signings I said we could only judge at the end of the window, although I acknowledged that could be too late. My thought at that time being that we could attract some free signings quickly, but it would be harder to attract and would take longer to get the better quality players with more options available to them. As it stands however those players have not materialised and time is now running out.

Was genuinely hoping we would be better organised with our squad list at this stage of pre-season, in order to integrate players, prepare properly, hit the ground running, generate some momentum and get some early confidence flowing through our squad. We are two to three quality players away from a sustained promotion push and although squad size may help come January and February, my concern being we will be too far behind at that time for it to matter.

I agree with most posters that Davis iisn;t as good as spearing and bannan however there would still be a lot of sense with the deal. I remember going wolves away when Hoilett tore them a new one... and we won 2-0 and we all thought we was staying up and Davis made his debut that game and I was quite impressed, good range of passing, very enthusiatic and got stuck in along side the right guy with more creativity he could be an asset and wil only get better...

Personally of them all I think Spearing is by far the stand out candidate and could see Bannan going bad...... But he ibviously had the ability so a tricky one... We do desperately need a CM though and if we get Davis we still need another..... I have not seen Marrow tbh but Lowe is getting some unfair stick in my opinion.. maybe his best bet would be to compete with Kane/Henley for the RB spot... but he was in a bad team, 5 different managers so it cant be easy and him along side Davis and a Bannan style player could be very effective.....

Archived