BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

I'm pretty sure I was the caller you are referring to (it was after the first game against Wolves and I basically said that we would go down unless changes were made) and Roberts was adamant that it was far too early to make any judgement. I got the impression he was happy to be playing regular first team football post Allardyce and would have defended the regime at any cost at that time. Darren Fletcher, the presenter was just an obnoxious prick.

Well done, anyway. Just so you know. When they closed you down, 4 of us all swore at the radio in unison!

It is hard to get arguments across over the radio. Andy Bayes felt the need to apologise to all the Radio Lancs ilisteners for my description of Venky's et al and their "rape of a football club." I was off the air by the time Andy said it or I would have asked which was the worst offence...my use of metaphor or what Venky's and agents did to our club!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was their intention I'm sure.

Speaking personally I loved the lyrics but for our purpose they suit the Fat Controller better. :glare:

btw Bob.... 'a long couple of years'. Poetic license I presume? ^_^

Roberts was easy prey for Dastardly and the Muttleys to pull his strings cos he was at war with Allardyce (who quite understandably wanted rid of a centre forward who couldn't trap a wet sand bag and was worse than useless in the air). Didn't help Jason in the end though did it?

Well I never would have guessed that!

I was only 12, when it came out. Jagger said he wrote it as a kind of Bob Dylan song...

Anyway, you still haven't given me a clue who you are..Did we speak in the JW stand on the last game of the season?

Well done, anyway. Just so you know. When they closed you down, 4 of us all swore at the radio in unison!

It is hard to get arguments across over the radio. Andy Bayes felt the need to apologise to all the Radio Lancs ilisteners for my description of Venky's et al and their "rape of a football club." I was off the air by the time Andy said it or I would have asked which was the worst offence...my use of metaphor or what Venky's and agents did to our club!

I recall them spluttering and apologising when Ian Battersby called Shebby an ''imbecile'' not all that long ago.All that ''these are not the views of the BBC'' sh1te cameflying out .What is contentious about saying ''rape of a football club'' anyway eh, Lenny??

I thank you blue-n-white and could I add that I feel the same cos I've had plenty of that on here.

The racial issue has been over used from the start. Pathetic really. The Venky's supporters tried to justify their actions with childish accusations against those that correctly saw that the supposed re-structuring of the club was in fact downsizing and destroying.

I'm pretty sure I was the caller you are referring to (it was after the first game against Wolves and I basically said that we would go down unless changes were made) and Roberts was adamant that it was far too early to make any judgement. I got the impression he was happy to be playing regular first team football post Allardyce and would have defended the regime at any cost at that time. Darren Fletcher, the presenter was just an obnoxious prick.

You're right, he's a complete gobshyte. I'm not a violent man but i'd make an exception for him. Another one who slandered Rovers fans and cosied up to Kean.

I recall them spluttering and apologising when Ian Battersby called Shebby an ''imbecile'' not all that long ago.All that ''these are not the views of the BBC'' sh1te cameflying out .What is contentious about saying ''rape of a football club'' anyway eh, Lenny??

Oh just their over anxiety/ fear of political correctness, I suppose..not thought through, in my opinion. I certainly wasn't minimising or condoning any kind of abusive behaviour...Perhaps I should do graffiti on Radio Lancs wall...".Alexander Pope's Blue and White Army"

I still think it is a very accurate description about what has gone on....indeed I could have said "gang rape with all the neighbours and police turning a blind eye"!

You can see I haven't moved on, even though Mr Agnew has! I am still very angry about the offences that have been committed against our club.

When did Ian B call Shebby an imbecile? I didn't know he was such a king of understatement.

Instrumental in the departure of key enployees to rubber stamp his rise from poor PR contractor , (yes rovers were a customer not his employer ) to boardroom .after 12 months in boardroom , Cheerio and good riddance .

How anyone can have a ray of sympathy for a man instrumental in dismantling the club as we knew it is beyond me .

He made so many people's jobs a living hell over the last 2 years and his devious behind the scenes plots have not only been uncovered but will no doubt all come out .

From trying to convince the owners the supporter base was up in arms through racial motives , to asking Jason Roberts to fabricate a story to the media to turn the media against the supporters so his , keans and associates reign of terror could go untouched .

Add to that a more serious allegation which has been made , which at some point will be investigated , I think we can all breathe a little easier knowing this one has gone .

IMO the worst of the lot of them

Thank you Glen.

saxo. I don't know what planet you are on but its not in this solar system.

Thank you Glen.

saxo. I don't know what planet you are on but its not in this solar system.

it`s called having my own mind, and questioning things, rather than just accepting what`s being fed to me and jumping on a bandwagon. glen may well be right, but i ain`t just gonna accept what he says without question. i don`t do that with venkys or anyone else, so why should i with glen and brag or wayne wild and the trust..?

Guest Norbert

I do think Agnew was a shady character who could manipulate people, and for whatever reason was part of 'team Kean'. His censoring of the press conferences and his sudden rise to power from his previous PR role raised suspicions. Obviously I have no proof that he is in league with the Freemasons, Anderson etc. but it does at least look a bit dodgy.

. but it does at least look a bit dodgy.

i`ll acknowlege that part of your post, there was questions that needed asking about how he ended up on the board, but i`d prefer facts to tin-foil-hat wearing type allegations. i like the phrase `check a fact before it becomes a fact`..

it`s called having my own mind, and questioning things, rather than just accepting what`s being fed to me and jumping on a bandwagon. glen may well be right, but i ain`t just gonna accept what he says without question. i don`t do that with venkys or anyone else, so why should i with glen and brag or wayne wild and the trust..?

I think it's called being a contrarian who does it for the attention.

Cryer and other national journalists often hinted that good ol' Aggers went out of his way to prevent questions being asked of Kean. Imagine then what Aggers got up to behing closed doors, away from the prying eyes of journo's. Then question how he got from being Kean's press officer to being 'elected' a member of the board, and how his mate Shaw joined soon after? The travesty is not that he was sacked, but that he represented BRFC in boardrooms up and down the country.

I think it's called being a contrarian who does it for the attention.

Cryer and other national journalists often hinted that good ol' Aggers went out of his way to prevent questions being asked of Kean. Imagine then what Aggers got up to behing closed doors, away from the prying eyes of journo's. Then question how he got from being Kean's press officer to being 'elected' a member of the board, and how his mate Shaw joined soon after? The travesty is not that he was sacked, but that he represented BRFC in boardrooms up and down the country.

highlighted the relevent words for you..

i would also like to add, no-one knows my name, never will, i`m not on the telly or radio, in the papers etc and i`m doing this for attention..? don`t think so. i`m just posting my opinion on a messageboard, nothing more.

Look, at the end of the day, all i`m trying to get across is that in my opinion, off all the factual information i have(what i know for sure), paul agnew was not a bigger problem at the club than shebby singh, so if singh remains in place(no matter who else comes in) then our problems aren`t solved or even improved imo by agnew`s departure. at least agnew had some boardroom experience(from PNE), and as such a far better idea(or indeed any idea at all) of how a football club should be ran.

Bottom line, if singh stays calling the shots, then we`ve still got big problems IMO. if you think that view is nonsense, then fair enough, whatever..

Agnew was immeasurably bigger of a problem at the club than Singh.

Singh is an idiot, but a mostly well-meaning one. His priority is Venky's over all else.

Agnew was devious and was out for himself. His priority is Paul Agnew over all else.

Archived