BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

Beg to differ. I hope he does find a job in a football. Watching Agnew literally being kicked around all day would be amusing :-D

(Not having a dig, just found that particular grammar very entertaining)

my grammar and spelling is normally ok, however my typing is poo, fat fingers and keyboards, a marriage made in Venkyland.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this for real? Well good for her.

I am reminded of something a judge once said about a young offender.

" Has no-one anything positive to say about this young man before I send him down?"

God..it just seems to get worse, the more I hear about him. His condescension and lack of respect is bad enough...but his complete absence of irony!

100%

I was speaking with the lady in question yesterday :)

LET:

“I am totally mystified and Deeply shocked by what has happened to me after
nearly 20 years of employment with the club, most recently at director level,”
he said, issuing a statement to the Lancashire Telegraph.

Deeply shocked are we Aggers? this shyte has been going on all around you for the last two and a half crazy years.As Johnny Rotten once said ' Ha Ha...ever get the feeling you've been cheated'!

Cough.

And which "operating director" wrote a (pathetically late) long rambling screed to the Judge backing up the claim that Shaw had gone rogue and was oiut of control and the sole reason for the mystery Berg contract?

Add amnesia to obnoxious toad and turncoat.

Plus he is not in the least bit surprised. He apparently knew it was coming so he wormed his way into the Trust Chairmanship so he can hang around even longer.

Yes, I got the feeling that Agnew was the grinning, egotistic ,malevolent blood-sucking spider at the centre of this web of dung.

Shaw would just have been a little red ant or something.

Bryan IMO he looks more like a blood sucking snake look very closely into his eyes that is what I see and as for Shaw you give him too much credit he would he does not look like anything so conniving imo he looks more like the face slapping teddy bear who I wouldn't trust to make my lunch let alone run our club lol!

When one finds a pooh stain on ones pants, one cleans the lot, not just the worst part. They are all stained and all must go, it's the only way for the owners to show they care and want what's best for the club they have destroyed.

Maj what an interesting picture you paint they have so much dirt on their hands I bet they have never changed their pants since the beginning of the destruction! lol!

Where do we start with this sob story?

"Live by the sword..... die by the sword."

"Et tu Brute"

"what goes around, comes around"

Better just to move on Cock..... just like Allardyce. Williams, Finn, Goodman etc etc have had to do before you. :tu:

There is one statement that sums up his response and one thing Aggers should consider before going for another job & that is if you get into bed with a criminal don't be surprised if they treat you with the same level of contempt like they have others.

Beg to differ. I hope he does find a job in a football. Watching Agnew literally being kicked around all day would be amusing :-D

(Not having a dig, just found that particular grammar very entertaining)

I was just thinking shame Stevie Boy did not get the Millwall job he could have taken his bessie mates Aggers with him could just imagine the Millwall fans ripping Stevie & Aggers Limb from limb Aggers would cause a riot all on his own just imagine him going into an important meeting at Millwall hello Darlin there'd be a riot lol!

I can't believe he has the cheek to even think about questioning the sacking.

He rode the gravy train for long enough and presumably thought that he was untouchable.

What I find amusing is the day before the sacking, he entered a meeting with a high profile female member of club staff.

As he walked in, he asked (with a completely straight face and in his most derogatory voice): "Right darlin', what can you possibly offer to me?".

She walked out.

Interesting not for the woman hopefully she does the snake for sexual harrassement would love to see the snake squirming in court!.

Cough.

And which "operating director" wrote a (pathetically late) long rambling screed to the Judge backing up the claim that Shaw had gone rogue and was oiut of control and the sole reason for the mystery Berg contract?

Add amnesia to obnoxious toad and turncoat.

Plus he is not in the least bit surprised. He apparently knew it was coming so he wormed his way into the Trust Chairmanship so he can hang around even longer.

Philip please tell me that Aggers has now officially gone I know he was obviously going to take on the role of community trust chairman surely with his sacking at BRFC that means his new role is out of the question?.

agnew is a victim of fan power clearly(not a good thing imo) and is collateral damage, taking blame for our recent failings unjustly in my eyes. shebby singh is the one who does not belong involved in the running of a football club, he is the man not qualified to do so. agnew was appointed under jack walker`s charge 17 years ago and i don`t remember anyone critisising agnew as we were enjoying success at the top table of the game. the only thing he`s done `wrong` is to back a manager the fans didn`t like, but on-the-record, what do you expect an employee of the football club to do? ok it`s wrong how he got promoted(rewarded?) via kean`s clear influence, but he`s not going to say no is he? it`s venky`s(or rather venkys advisors) fault for promoting him beyond his qualifications, not his own.

all these fans that wanted agnew out(and have got their wish) would have the likes of wayne wild in his place(if they got their way) it seems to me, but how is wild more qualified than agnew? does he have 17 years, mostly successful, experience at the club? don`t think so. he welds pieces of metal together for a living, don`t he..?

Ale a tad strong tonight ? Will ya stop with WE , your a Liverpool fan and talk like one . You are #1 in trolling though.

trolling is threatening/harrassing people over the net, ala a crank caller as far as i know, not guilty of that YET :glare:

edit- and never will as your a big keaner :D was convinced you were an annoying teen. the internet can decieve :D

agnew is a victim of fan power clearly(not a good thing imo) .......... agnew was appointed under jack walker`s charge 17 years ago and i don`t remember anyone critisising agnew as we were enjoying success at the top table of the game.
I don't agree with some of your post but this is accurate. I know people who did have criticisms, possibly even complained about, Agnew and his performance at the club. This was though a very limited number of people with specific contact with him. My guess is for the first 15 years of his time at Elwood few fans knew he existed.Its the last two years which are the problem not the previous 15.

all these fans that wanted agnew out(and have got their wish) would have the likes of wayne wild in his place(if they got their way) it seems to me, but how is wild more qualified than agnew? does he have 17 years, mostly successful, experience at the club? don`t think so. he welds pieces of metal together for a living, don`t he..?

Neither Wayne nor any of us in the Trust have ever expressed the wish or claimed interest in running the club. The Trust has always been clear this would be left to an appointed, experienced management team.

`Neither Wayne nor any of us in the Trust have ever expressed the wish or claimed interest in running the club. The Trust has always been clear this would be left to an appointed, experienced management team.`

you say that now, but if he got the power to influence things, i believe he would try, certainly going off one of his letters i read to mrs desai which included critisism of team selections, players being left on the bench etc..

it should NEVER be an owners/board members place to have any influence whatsoever on what teams are put out, so i don`t see the relevence of him including that in the letter, unless he feels it should be.

for example, would he only want a team manager in place that plays the players/playing the style he(`backed by the trust`) approved of..? that approach is what put us in this mess in the first place, isn`t it..?

I don't agree with some of your post but this is accurate. I know people who did have criticisms, possibly even complained about, Agnew and his performance at the club. This was though a very limited number of people with specific contact with him. My guess is for the first 15 years of his time at Elwood few fans knew he existed.Its the last two years which are the problem not the previous 15.

I know people who have dealt with him LONG before Venkys came to the club and no-one's had a good word to say.

You don't need to be a nice guy to be in business but It could be argued that his problem has been in being over-promoted.

Although associated with rovers for a long time, he produced the programme for many of those years, and even then, I reckon if you go back far enough on here you'll see complaints about him, because his PR was not good in preVenkys days. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. In fact, I wouldn't have wasted a phone call - I might have sent him a free text.

`You don't need to be a nice guy to be in business`

few are IMO. can`t afford to be IMO.

` It could be argued that his problem has been in being over-promoted`

that`s spot on IMO, and he IMO can`t be blamed for that.

he IS unlucky IMO to be out the door, he`s out IMO because of ONE comment that he was never gonna be forgiven for by many fans. IMO.. ;)

agnew is a victim of fan power clearly(not a good thing imo) and is collateral damage, taking blame for our recent failings unjustly in my eyes. shebby singh is the one who does not belong involved in the running of a football club, he is the man not qualified to do so. agnew was appointed under jack walker`s charge 17 years ago and i don`t remember anyone critisising agnew as we were enjoying success at the top table of the game. the only thing he`s done `wrong` is to back a manager the fans didn`t like, but on-the-record, what do you expect an employee of the football club to do? ok it`s wrong how he got promoted(rewarded?) via kean`s clear influence, but he`s not going to say no is he? it`s venky`s(or rather venkys advisors) fault for promoting him beyond his qualifications, not his own.

He may well have been at the club during Jack Walker's time. But he had no influence whatsoever.

During venky's time the past two years he has been nothing short of a disaster. He is being judged on the past two years, not the time before Venky's.

Archived