BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

Morning boys, Oh Mr Porter, The Goose Steps Out, remember them from being repeated on BBC2. Plus the one where he was a fireman.

"Where's that Fire". Charles Hawtrey was in it as well..

I am really getting into this site.... references to Will Hay, The Fall of Rome..

Sing: " Commodus' Blue and White Army.."

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed,and it looks like Shaw will be left holding the baby until a replacement board takes over, then he'll be out too.

If as we are led to believe, Agnew was so unpopular with the staff in general, maybe GB put his boot in as well to get

everyone onside, and make Ewood a happier place to work, thats what I would have done in his position.

Keans direct line to Pune was used and abused because as has been clearly shown in public (sam video) he is the king of all poohs. however that doesn't mean that a direct-line to the owners is a bad thing provided the man with the direct line has good intentions. GB loves Rovers and when I heard this IE he had a directline, I was pleased as he won't abuse it. I truly hope now that he has this, the stains can be removed and we can get back to wearing clean underwear again.

"Where's that Fire". Charles Hawtrey was in it as well..

I am really getting into this site.... references to Will Hay, The Fall of Rome..

Sing: " Commodus' Blue and White Army.."

All of his films were hilarious, Hay was a truly brilliant comedy actor, they were shown quite regularly on the BBC back in the 60s on Saturday

mornings, often followed by or preceded by Laurel and Hardy if I remember correctly.

How on earth can he complain about the way it was done when he has been complicit in the removal of several people at Ewood who he was not fit to clean their shoes. Remember all the people who have gone in similar circumstances Aggers, it seems to me that you have fallen on your own sword. Like your mate Kean there should be loads of clubs falling over themselaves to employ you after your successful stint at Ewood.

If that's the case you'd have thought he'd be we'll aware of it and, that being the case, there'd be nothing to stop him sodding off and leaving nobody at the wheel.

Small matter of a salary cheque and possible pay off I'd suggest.

After reading that LT piece I can't help but wonder why Shaw hasn't walked out in a show of unity and to show his displeasure at what seems an unfair decision.

Strange days.

Small matter of a salary cheque and possible pay off I'd suggest.

If he's on a 12 month contract, he can't be due that big a pay-off, surely? Surely no more than his integrity is worth?

Keans direct line to Pune was used and abused because as has been clearly shown in public (sam video) he is the king of all poohs. however that doesn't mean t

hat a direct-line to the owners is a bad thing provided the man with the direct line has good intentions. GB loves Rovers and when I heard this IE he had a directline, I was pleased as he won't abuse it. I truly hope now that he has this, the stains can be removed and we can get back to wearing clean underwear again.

I can imagine the Rao's asking GB what can we do to make things better at Ewood, well what is an honest man to say ?

I really can't imagine a man like Bowyer getting on too well with Agnew.

Looks like the "third party guide to running a football club" handbook as been getting a good reading particular the "how to deflect attention when caught out section". Don't worry Aggers I'm sure your mates from Weybridge and Barnet will rally round and find you a Job after serving them so well.

Seems to be hinting at being backstabbed - Karma's a bitch sometimes!

Looks like the "third party guide to running a football club" handbook as been getting a good reading particular the "how to deflect attention when caught out section". Don't worry Aggers I'm sure your mates from Cumbernauld and Barnet will rally round and find you a Job after serving them so well.

Seems to be hinting at being backstabbed - Karma's a bitch sometimes!

Aint she just! Continuing the Ancient Rome theme .."ut sementem feceres ita metes "( reaping what you sow etc)

By telephone too. Nothing has changed. It really is a coward's way to do business. Such a far cry from Bill Fox and Don Mackay sitting in the press conference after the latter's dismissal.

Aint she just! Continuing the Ancient Rome theme .."ut sementem feceres ita metes "( reaping what you sow etc)

By telephone too. Nothing has changed. It really is a coward's way to do business. Such a far cry from Bill Fox and Don Mackay sitting in the press conference after the latter's dismissal.

Just thinking the same. But these two were strong decent men. Agnew and Shaw dont come near.

The Sky Sports bigging up Agnew bit... now who else are they supportive of?

Put two and two together and you make four.

For the benefit of EiT, if you are running something dodgy, do you standstill waiting for folks to catch up with you or do you keep shaking things up and hiding your tracks?

Agnew was apparently a hod carrier but a particular visible and by all accounts, obnoxious one.

Shaw's twelve months are up soon as well. Let's see whether the rogue Chairman is released or the Rovers' QC was in effect contemptuous of the Court with his defence argument.

If Agnew stays, it's a conspiracy. If he's sacked, it's a cover-up.

How convenient.

Just thinking the same. But these two were strong decent men. Agnew and Shaw dont come near.

Absolutely. That is such a big problem for me. In the old days I knew that Fox was a decent bloke, who had Rovers interests at heart.

I also remember ringing up Rovers club call before travelling to Watford for the 2nd leg of 1989 play off semi final. Don said something like:

" Just a message for all fans of Blackburn Rovers. We are going down there to try as hard as we can . If we don't do it, please remember it won't be for the want of giving everything. On the other hand, if it is Rovers, who go through, try and feel a bit for them..they will have given their all too.."

It really is the other end of the evolutionary scale from these ****s who "run" our beloved club now. How I despise them.

Where do we start with this sob story?

"Live by the sword..... die by the sword."

"Et tu Brute"

"what goes around, comes around"

Better just to move on Cock..... just like Allardyce. Williams, Finn, Goodman etc etc have had to do before you. :tu:

Good post - says it all really.

It is sometimes suggested that this site sometimes doesn't reflect the fiew of the majority of fans. However reading thorugh the comments at the end of the article it seems that there is the same feelings toward Agnew elsewhere.

This comment was a good one;

Deeply shocked Paul, really ? Or are you honestly going to go for an unfair dismissal ?

Totally mystified ? Now you know how we feel, watching the worlds worst press officer being promoted to become the least visible communications director and then operations director for the most dysfunctional operation in football.

Have a bit of dignity, just shut up and sod off.

It is sometimes suggested that this site sometimes doesn't reflect the fiew of the majority of fans. However reading thorugh the comments at the end of the article it seems that there is the same feelings toward Agnew elsewhere.

This comment was a good one;

Its not just fans views, even Martin Blackburn the Sun journo is having a few digs at him on twitter.

and yet that keaner Agnew didnt mention anything about the way JW, Finn, Big Sam and a few other respected members of both management and playing staff were treated, and the way in which they were removed. It was all to his advantage, a way of getting a nice top management role, increased salary and some nice trips to India(well maybe not so nice). What a loser

Its not just fans views, even Martin Blackburn the Sun journo is having a few digs at him on twitter.

That's because you would have to put in some serious effort not to dislike Agnew if you have any affiliation with Rovers.

Like Kean I hope this scumbag never works in a football again.

After reading that LT piece I can't help but wonder why Shaw hasn't walked out in a show of unity and to show his displeasure at what seems an unfair decision.

Strange days.

If he's on a 12 month contract, he can't be due that big a pay-off, surely? Surely no more than his integrity is worth?

unless Shaw gave him an extra 5 year contract

That's because you would have to put in some serious effort not to dislike Agnew if you have any affiliation with Rovers.

Like Kean I hope this scumbag never works in a football again.

so if Shaw was the one who fired Agnew, does that mean, Shaw will have to phone himself and fire himself? By the looks of things, Shaw is going no where anytime soon, unless the mask hero Super Shebby regains his powers and destroys Shaw.

I can imagine the Rao's asking GB what can we do to make things better at Ewood, well what is an honest man to say ?

I really can't imagine a man like Bowyer getting on too well with Agnew.

I'd love to watch Bowyers face in a convo with Shebby. I do wonder about the Rhodes comment IE interference and hope that this is the start of a cul as if that parts true shebby is surely for the chop as well.

I hope this scumbag never works in a football again.

Beg to differ. I hope he does find a job in a football. Watching Agnew literally being kicked around all day would be amusing :-D

(Not having a dig, just found that particular grammar very entertaining)

I can't believe he has the cheek to even think about questioning the sacking.

He rode the gravy train for long enough and presumably thought that he was untouchable.

What I find amusing is the day before the sacking, he entered a meeting with a high profile female member of club staff.

As he walked in, he asked (with a completely straight face and in his most derogatory voice): "Right darlin', what can you possibly offer to me?".

She walked out.

Shaw wasn't really part of that. Shaw only joined last year so was only around the final few months of Kean's reign. The damage had been done well before that.

Damage done yes but he was part of team Kean. Its no secret how much he regarded his boy Steve.

I can't believe he has the cheek to even think about questioning the sacking.

He rode the gravy train for long enough and presumably thought that he was untouchable.

What I find amusing is the day before the sacking, he entered a meeting with a high profile female member of club staff.

As he walked in, he asked (with a completely straight face and in his most derogatory voice): "Right darlin', what can you possibly offer to me?".

She walked out.

Is this for real? Well good for her.

I am reminded of something a judge once said about a young offender.

" Has no-one anything positive to say about this young man before I send him down?"

God..it just seems to get worse, the more I hear about him. His condescension and lack of respect is bad enough...but his complete absence of irony!

Archived