BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

Some may say the obvious answer to this is why was he promoted in the first place ?

And Lofty well, the Rao's must have been extremely impressed when they met him.

Put the pair of them together and you have the 2 main characters in an old Will Hay film. ( younger board members may have to use google )

I'd suggest younger board members YouTube it, it's brilliant stuff! Derek Shaw would a perfect "Albert" but I'm not sure Agnew and his perma tan would suit a "Harbottle".

As for the man himself, the bumbling Mr Hay would have doubtless made as much of a mess of Rovers as the Roa siblings but it would but we could at least have had a laugh.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proof?!? Proof!!

Proof would kill the club, the powers that be would murder us. Do we want that, really?

I'll use the analogy that has been used many times (and is quite brilliant) by a few posters on here; Rovers is a smack head. Proper drug addict, we hate what it's doing but somehow still find the love. If only because one day it'll get off heroin and go back to being the club we all loved. Honest, hard working, not the best maybe, but occasionally fcking brilliant, but something that the people of this town and its fans could be proud of. Arte et .....

Agnew leaving is a positive, but lets not pretend. Singh? Shaw remains. The dealers still remain, hidden in india, cowards. Taking no responsibility for anything. Confused but putting their faith in wrong uns - all in the name of naivety.

"White line fever, number one deceiver, white line fever. It's a slow death"

Anyway, I've got my season ticket and one for my lad.... Watch em while you can I said to him.

Which is very frustrating as they must have known something was very wrong pretty early into Venky's reign, especially as enough people were

trying to warn them.

But we the fans have been the ones to suffer and if/when the truth comes out we will suffer again and may end up playing at a lower level,

than this fine old club has ever has ever experienced in its long history.

The blazers at the FA will just carry on picking up their big salaries and expense accounts and turning left onto aeroplanes and they'll

say Blackburn are not the first club that this has happened to and unfortunately they won't be the last.

The fact that we're not the first nor will we be the last should be to their eternal shame. you let it happen once because you don't expect it to happen, but when you've seen it happen to countless clubs, several in a very few years, then you should be doing your damnedest to make sure it doesn't happen again. When it happens to a well-run club like ours, you should have pulled out all the stops to find out how and why and make absolutely sure it doesn't happen to anyone ever again or at the very least that you close enough gaps to make it unlikely.

As for Will Hay, we could do worse than get him to run our club (yes, I know he's dead) because whilst he makes an almighty mess of everything it generally turns out fine in the end. Wish we could be sure that was going to happen at Rovers

I'd suggest younger board members YouTube it, it's brilliant stuff! Derek Shaw would a perfect "Albert" but I'm not sure Agnew and his perma tan would suit a "Harbottle".

As for the man himself, the bumbling Mr Hay would have doubtless made as much of a mess of Rovers as the Roa siblings but it would but we could at least have had a laugh.

I'll definitely have a watch when I have more time. But you're not kidding that the younger members will have to look him up. He died in 1949 so will have to be a 70s to remember him. Ha

I'm no longer in the flush of youth but I'm not that old! I inherited a love of Laurel and Hardy, Will Hay and football from my Dad.

I'm not sure what he would have made of Mr Agnew but I suspect he wouldn't have been the old man's cup of tea.

Yet one of the ground staff recently got pulled in to have the amount of petrol he was putting in the mowers questioned, the club suggesting he was claiming for petrol which he was putting in his car - until he helpfully pointed out his car actually ran on diesel

Might seem trivial but I regard this as a positive. Slackness / lax business practice spreads like a virus. Good that at least somebody down there appears to be doing the housekeeping. Sounds a little like Karen Silk's work but thats just a guess. :rock:

Just as a postscript to Paul Agnew's tenure... Would the Walker Trust have appointed Derek Shaw if John Williams had left the club for any reason? Personally I doubt he would have even been granted a preliminary interview. Shaw's appointment imo was either down to small time, dumbing down thinking influenced by Agnew OR that Agnew was afraid for his position should a person of real quality have been appointed.

Either way it's not the standard of business decision that we had become used to under the Trust.

Proof?!? Proof!!

Proof would kill the club, the powers that be would murder us. Do we want that, really?

I'll use the analogy that has been used many times (and is quite brilliant) by a few posters on here; Rovers is a smack head. Proper drug addict, we hate what it's doing but somehow still find the love. If only because one day it'll get off heroin and go back to being the club we all loved. Honest, hard working, not the best maybe, but occasionally fcking brilliant, but something that the people of this town and its fans could be proud of. Arte et .....

Agnew leaving is a positive, but lets not pretend. Singh? Shaw remains. The dealers still remain, hidden in india, cowards. Taking no responsibility for anything. Confused but putting their faith in wrong uns - all in the name of naivety.

"White line fever, number one deceiver, white line fever. It's a slow death"

Anyway, I've got my season ticket and one for my lad.... Watch em while you can I said to him.

Interesting. I'd not seen the smackhead, desperate family analogy before.

I think a lot of us fear that proof will allow the football "authorities" to punish the club so as to distance themselves from blame. I also worry that the severity of response of the said authorities would merely reflect the degree of their own a) incompetence,B) passivity or c) complicity.

Nevertheless, I am not sure that the corrupting disease isn't killing us anyway.

I still cling to the hope of finding some form of radical operation to cut out the cancer...or a footballing Fr Merrin to conduct an exorcism. I am certain that some form of cleansing is required in order for us to build again.The trouble is that I don't trust the footballing authorities one iota.

Next chapter, anyone? I fully expect Agnew to use all his press contacts to have himself depicted as a heroic victim, silenced by an oppressive regime.

Interesting. I'd not seen the smackhead, desperate family analogy before.

I think a lot of us fear that proof will allow the football "authorities" to punish the club so as to distance themselves from blame. I also worry that the severity of response of the said authorities would merely reflect the degree of their own a) incompetence, B) passivity or c) complicity.

Nevertheless, I am not sure that the corrupting disease isn't killing us anyway.

I still cling to the hope of finding some form of radical operation to cut out the cancer...or a footballing Fr Merrin to conduct an exorcism. I am certain that some form of cleansing is required in order for us to build again.The trouble is that I don't trust the footballing authorities one iota.

Next chapter, anyone? I fully expect Agnew to use all his press contacts to have himself depicted as a heroic victim, silenced by an oppressive regime.

I'm not sure that Agnew's press contacts would do him any favours at all after his 'screening' of questions to Kean in many press conferences. Hopefully we won't be hearing too much from him ever again.

Agnew was one of the Team Kean....only Shaw to go from that group.

Shaw wasn't really part of that. Shaw only joined last year so was only around the final few months of Kean's reign. The damage had been done well before that.

Shaw wasn't really part of that. Shaw only joined last year so was only around the final few months of Kean's reign. The damage had been done well before that.

Fair point. We can't really accuse Shaw of that.

Agnew, on the other hand, really does appear to have been up to his neck in it from the start. I would guess he knows where all the the bodies are buried. Maybe, he has clay on his boots!

Yes, I got the feeling that Agnew was the grinning, egotistic ,malevolent blood-sucking spider at the centre of this web of dung.

Shaw would just have been a little red ant or something.

Yes, I got the feeling that Agnew was the grinning, egotistic ,malevolent blood-sucking spider at the centre of this web of dung.

Shaw would just have been a little red ant or something.

HA! No room for understatement, then!. He certainly didn't help himself, though.

I am sure he was something to do with Shaw's arrival.

Were they both Gerry (and Sylvia) Anderson's puppets? ( showing my age, as well...I do also remember Will Hay in The Goose steps out.)

So Derek Shaw delivered the coup de grace to his mate?

It's becoming increasingly difficult to work out what's happening and whom it's happening to, who (if anyone) is the good guy and what constitutes positive or negative developments.

It's like the final days of Rome only there doesn't seem to be a tipping point, rather a long road ahead of chaos and turmoil. Like Chelsea without the trophies.

I've just watched 'Oh Mr Porter' on YouTube. Bloomin' brilliant!

So Derek Shaw delivered the coup de grace to his mate?

It's becoming increasingly difficult to work out what's happening and whom it's happening to, who (if anyone) is the good guy and what constitutes positive or negative developments.

It's like the final days of Rome only there doesn't seem to be a tipping point, rather a long road ahead of chaos and turmoil. Like Chelsea without the trophies.

I've just watched 'Oh Mr Porter' on YouTube. Bloomin' brilliant!

When one finds a pooh stain on ones pants, one cleans the lot, not just the worst part. They are all stained and all must go, it's the only way for the owners to show they care and want what's best for the club they have destroyed.

When one finds a pooh stain on ones pants, one cleans the lot, not just the worst part. They are all stained and all must go, it's the only way for the owners to show they care and want what's best for the club they have destroyed.

Indeed,and it looks like Shaw will be left holding the baby until a replacement board takes over, then he'll be out too.

If as we are led to believe, Agnew was so unpopular with the staff in general, maybe GB put his boot in as well to get

everyone onside, and make Ewood a happier place to work, thats what I would have done in his position.

Indeed,and it looks like Shaw will be left holding the baby until a replacement board takes over, then he'll be out too.

If that's the case you'd have thought he'd be we'll aware of it and, that being the case, there'd be nothing to stop him sodding off and leaving nobody at the wheel.

Archived