BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

Getting rid of one rat is not enough. We need to get rid of all of them, as rats bred more rats.

Perhaps the cosnpiracy theorists could fill us in on how this supports the two owners / Shagnew unsackable theory that was all but proved by Shaw coming back from India intact?

Perhaps a contractual grace period or management agreement has expired?

Or maybe things are the way Venkys say they are and they've finally lost patience?

Rumor has it Venkys have put a lot of money into the club (even if financed through an Indian Bank). Results haven't be produced.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Sly sports are making Agnew out to be a brfc stalwart, there saying he's 'left' after being here for 17 years! which im sure is no way true(and it doesn't mention most of his time here until the venkys arrival has been in menial jobs), it also makes out that he's solely responsible for the season ticket offer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8762762

if people want to boycott, then why not boycott sly sports(or sky as a whole), a channel full off presenters, reporters and pundits/has-beens that have continually criticised the fans and only shown us in a bad light whilst they spurt out agnew/kean/Anderson/sem propaganda.(if sky where to lose 1000s of subscribers in a single area they would have to address the issue somehow)

Does make you wonder where he got the reputation as the worst press officer in the Premier League, now he's one of the good guys.

Don't you just love our media !

The longevity of his involvement at BRFC, lasting an incredible 10 years and more, has always been a truly baffling one, particularly when we were in the Premiership.

There was never any obvious evidence of what he brought to the club in any positive way at all that a simple relationship with a decent PR firm and/or an experienced communications officer would not have done 1,000 times better.

His public pronouncements these past two and a bit years (whether he agreed with what he was saying or not) have been disgraceful and disrespectful to the supporters.

The public relations of our club is pitiful even when it has not been actively against the fans.

The media image the club has, and those responsible for that, truly cannot be any lower.

All in all a good day.

Think this sums it up for me. I have sympathy for anyone losing their job so I never take great pleasure in that but PR has been poor for several years now and PAPR was a consistent element of that.

Anyway, I'll not abuse him based on comments of his connections with other clubs, he's been connected with Rovers much longer than PNE. However he has done very well out of his connections with Rovers, maybe he should have stuck to producing the programme.

Think this sums it up for me. I have sympathy for anyone losing their job so I never take great pleasure in that but PR has been poor for several years now and PAPR was a consistent element of that.

Anyway, I'll not abuse him based on comments of his connections with other clubs, he's been connected with Rovers much longer than PNE. However he has done very well out of his connections with Rovers, maybe he should have stuck to producing the programme.

No doubt he will receive a very nice golden handshake, its all those people lower down the pay scale who lost their jobs through no

fault of their own, who I sympathise with, after Rovers were taken down to the Championship by Kean and his mates including Agnew.

Getting rid of one rat is not enough. We need to get rid of all of them, as rats bred more rats.Perhaps a contractual grace period or management agreement has expired?

Or maybe things are the way Venkys say they are and they've finally lost patience?

Rumor has it Venkys have put a lot of money into the club (even if financed through an Indian Bank). Results haven't be produced.

Or, thinking much more radically, we never had two owners one of who had inserted their paid stooges into the club to, errrmm, oversee the loss of 40 million a year.

Back to Aggers, good to see Venky's are back to their usual modus operandi. Clearly they believe in keeping your enemies closer in face-to-face meetings then getting Luca Brasi to deliver the bullet to the back of the head as the victim goes about his daily business. Practical jokers still employed at the club may consider slamming doors as Lofty walks past

I wonder if Agnew was only on a 12 month contract? Originally he was appointed general manager around the 6th of June 2012 before getting an upgrade for being superb at his job roundabout the 24th of June 2012. Could it just be his contract as run out?

Hope Derek didn't sort it out, could get expensive

Or, thinking much more radically, we never had two owners one of who had inserted their paid stooges into the club to, errrmm, oversee the loss of 40 million a year.

Back to Aggers, good to see Venky's are back to their usual modus operandi. Clearly they believe in keeping your enemies closer in face-to-face meetings then getting Luca Brasi to deliver the bullet to the back of the head as the victim goes about his daily business. Practical jokers still employed at the club may consider slamming doors as Lofty walks past

Or just perhaps using the Bank of India makes it easier to launder money.

Put it another way, if Venkys were part of a Asian/Indian betting syndicates they could easily have made £60m in the past 2 seasons from Rovers getting relegated from the Premiership and not getting promoted this year through odds manipulation.

It would come as no suprise if these 2 are going against the grain and just making decisions in order to get sacked and collect a nice pay off and get out of the place before it does finally totally implode. Shelfy cocks up the Berg contract almost beyond belief thinking he'd be paid off as well but Venkys are wriggling, god knows what Aggers has done to get them to pull the trigger but he's been busy the past few months throwing his name behind everything after seemingly hiding since Coco left. It's all in the game, various people get potted at a moments notice but the main players always leave in strange circumstances at strange times. Then again it could just be Shebby returning from his hols and laying down his plans, IS Bowyer safe ? Has he actually been rubber stamped by the top people ?

Or just perhaps using the Bank of India makes it easier to launder money.

Put it another way, if Venkys were part of a Asian/Indian betting syndicates they could easily have made £60m in the past 2 seasons from Rovers getting relegated from the Premiership and not getting promoted this year through odds manipulation.

Also factor in appointing strange managers at long odds a few times per season !

I see Sly sports are making Agnew out to be a brfc stalwart, there saying he's 'left' after being here for 17 years! which im sure is no way true(and it doesn't mention most of his time here until the venkys arrival has been in menial jobs), it also makes out that he's solely responsible for the season ticket offer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8762762

if people want to boycott, then why not boycott sly sports(or sky as a whole), a channel full off presenters, reporters and pundits/has-beens that have continually criticised the fans and only shown us in a bad light whilst they spurt out agnew/kean/Anderson/sem propaganda.(if sky where to lose 1000s of subscribers in a single area they would have to address the issue somehow)

Agreed.

I cancelled my sports subscription the month after they gave that jerome anderson airtime to abuse us and also because of the verbal diarrhea had to endure on a weekly basis from the likes of no nothing know it alls like Merson, Nicholas, Jim white et al.

But as I also like other sports do miss out on things like ashes cricket, lions tour, the Ryder cup but all in all I do not regret getting rid just cause of the continual knocks they dished out to the fans without ever trying to balance the argument or do some actual research/journalism into our troubles.

Despite all his spin in favour of Kean and versus the fans he never showed any remorse even though the club was performing abysmally and in complete turmoil he never showed the tiniest shred of sympathy for the fans plight.

He was promoted way above his ambitions and abilities, I am glad he's gone and hope that karma really bites him in the ass.

The fact that he is (or at least, was) a genuine Rovers fan makes how he behaved even worse.

I don't think he ever had the power to bring about meaningful change, but he was more than happy to be a public cheerleader for the people destroying the club. You could just about accept someone who doesn't care about Rovers doing that for the money, but a Rovers fan?

Good riddance.

Agreed.

I cancelled my sports subscription the month after they gave that jerome anderson airtime to abuse us and also because of the verbal diarrhea had to endure on a weekly basis from the likes of no nothing know it alls like Merson, Nicholas, Jim white et al.

But as I also like other sports do miss out on things like ashes cricket, lions tour, the Ryder cup but all in all I do not regret getting rid just cause of the continual knocks they dished out to the fans without ever trying to balance the argument or do some actual research/journalism into our troubles.

I still remember that SSN special where Jim White spent a day with Keano Supremo at Brockhall, blowing smoke up his ass.

They stopped even trying to be subtle at that point.

Despite all his spin in favour of Kean and versus the fans he never showed any remorse even though the club was performing abysmally and in complete turmoil he never showed the tiniest shred of sympathy for the fans plight.

Blackburn Rovers 'fan'?...mmmmmm begs the question eh

Maybe somebody would like to put the Spurs fan right(sicknote) on Teamtalk comments.

Tried to post twice won't let me.

Actually having read his comments again he does have a point but I wanted to tell him about Agnews PR.

and his links to baldie.

Who does Hans Christian support btw.

Archived