BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

show us the source. this page should be brfcsa(brfcsallegations)

Believe it or believe not that is your prerogative, it was said in a meeting with one of PAPR clients. I'm not going to go putting up a local business's name on a public forum.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe it or believe not that is your prerogative, it was said in a meeting with one of PAPR clients. I'm not going to go putting up a local business's name on a public forum.

oh an `anonymous source` then? very convincing..

Put him on ignore, seriously.

I'm all for a diverse range of opinion, and dissenting voices, but this guy seems utterly cuckoo.

you don`t like people that aren`t of the sheep mentality, you probably made sure you were friends with the popular kids at school. i `ve got your number.

Absolutely gobsmacked after reading this.

Shocking.

Not sure if it is common knowledge but I had no idea this had happened.

Unfortunately not enough people know this kind of information.

Saxofan, seriously, what is your game?

You're either Agnew or a close family member.

Literally nobody else would even try to defend the weasel.

these `no-ones` are all fans basing their views on allegations though aren`t they? nobody had anything AT ALL to say about agnew until he backed kean in the press, end of. i`d never even heard of the guy until that point.

i`d point out that colin hendry is similarly vilified based on allegations, and that`s unfair too.

If you were a regular reader of this board you'd know that many long term fans have never liked PNE Paul but of course it's not an issue when he wasn't in any kind of position. Also several well respected journo's commented amongst themselves on twitter ages ago that he was generally considered the worst PR man in the Prem, this before he climbed the greasy pole. I know you've had your probs and your entitled to your opinion but get real this guy was a tawt and has played his part in the mess and benefited from it which is disgraceful, end of !

Saxofan, seriously, what is your game?

You're either Agnew or a close family member.

Literally nobody else would even try to defend the weasel.

no affinity to him at all. just don`t like the crap some at rovers are getting based around allegations alone. even more cowardly that those allegations come from anonymous sources.

Not at all you fool...I just can't imagine you are having fun on this forum. You seem to be antagonising people.

well i`m not meaning to, just putting across my view, and people are getting themselves in a tizzy about it. says something that you feel you need people to agree with you to enjoy conversation, don`t it? anyway, i`m done now, you know what i think, so i`ll switch to a subject that maybe my opinions won`t upset people too much about eh?

• Backroom

My only personal dealings with Paul Agnew were on the (somewhat ill fated) Pune trip, it was common knowledge he didn't want us there anywhere near Kean or the owners and we didn't have any contact with him there. However one day we were sat in a hot muggy Pune Fc stadium and I was approached by a reporter wanting an interview, I was cautious at the time as one of the group had been misquoted in the local paper that morning and some words added on that he didn't even say, anyway I said the owners could start to make themselves a little more popular by removing Steve Kean, when asked who I would like in I said mark Hughes or O Neil (both unemployed)

As the reporter walked away someone spotted a certain unnamed someone stopping him, taking his pad off him and looking suspiciously like he was scribbling things out - the 'interview' never made the paper (although there was a comically fabricated Glenn Pegden quote)

well i`m not meaning to, just putting across my view, and people are getting themselves in a tizzy about it. says something that you feel you need people to agree with you to enjoy conversation, don`t it? anyway, i`m done now, you know what i think, so i`ll switch to a subject that maybe my opinions won`t upset people too much about eh?

Pmsl .. And you said it was me who is not liked haha

Saxo, the stuff written on here, by Glen Mullan especially, has no allegedly about it, it's stated as fact.

With that in mind, should it be untrue, it would be libellous surely ??

Taking that into account, I'd say that Glen can comfortably back up the allegation and that it's pretty much on the money. Not that I can understand anyone backing the toerag anyway...unless they happened to be the man himself.

Nice one. I love that song but I was always slightly disturbed by the lyric.

That was their intention I'm sure.

Speaking personally I loved the lyrics but for our purpose they suit the Fat Controller better. :glare:

btw Bob.... 'a long couple of years'. Poetic license I presume? ^_^

OMG. I had no idea of that allegation. That is despicable.

On the other hand, I was slightly uncomfortable with Jason's own stance on 5 Live with a supporter who was complaining about the regime in the early days. I thought Jason used his Rovers player/radio celebrity status to close down the caller.

Roberts was easy prey for Dastardly and the Muttleys to pull his strings cos he was at war with Allardyce (who quite understandably wanted rid of a centre forward who couldn't trap a wet sand bag and was worse than useless in the air). Didn't help Jason in the end though did it?

If i remember rightly Roberts cosied himself up to Kean & co after Big Sam was fired but like you say it didn't help him in the end as he was frozen out as well. I wonder if that had anything to do with his refusal to play ball with the bent regime that saw him sidelined because he was very pro Kean/Venkys at first.

OMG. I had no idea of that allegation. That is despicable.

On the other hand, I was slightly uncomfortable with Jason's own stance on 5 Live with a supporter who was complaining about the regime in the early days. I thought Jason used his Rovers player/radio celebrity status to close down the caller.

I'm pretty sure I was the caller you are referring to (it was after the first game against Wolves and I basically said that we would go down unless changes were made) and Roberts was adamant that it was far too early to make any judgement. I got the impression he was happy to be playing regular first team football post Allardyce and would have defended the regime at any cost at that time. Darren Fletcher, the presenter was just an obnoxious prick.

I'm pretty sure I was the caller you are referring to (it was after the first game against Wolves and I basically said that we would go down unless changes were made) and Roberts was adamant that it was far too early to make any judgement. I got the impression he was happy to be playing regular first team football post Allardyce and would have defended the regime at any cost at that time. Darren Fletcher, the presenter was just an obnoxious prick.

I'm no Roberts fan, but he was hardly a lonely figure in trying to curry favour with the shysters..Dunn, Dann, Orr and others all had their tongues up the wrong 'uns.

However back on track, only pure scum would attempt to foist a racial slur on his own club's fans, Agnew you are a scummy @#/?.

Archived