BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers part company with Agnew

Cough.

And which "operating director" wrote a (pathetically late) long rambling screed to the Judge backing up the claim that Shaw had gone rogue and was oiut of control and the sole reason for the mystery Berg contract?

Add amnesia to obnoxious toad and turncoat.

Plus he is not in the least bit surprised. He apparently knew it was coming so he wormed his way into the Trust Chairmanship so he can hang around even longer.

..... and conveniently neglected to sign it. :glare:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cough.

And which "operating director" wrote a (pathetically late) long rambling screed to the Judge backing up the claim that Shaw had gone rogue and was oiut of control and the sole reason for the mystery Berg contract?

Add amnesia to obnoxious toad and turncoat.

Plus he is not in the least bit surprised. He apparently knew it was coming so he wormed his way into the Trust Chairmanship so he can hang around even longer.

Well if he is trying to hang around at least BRFC employees can now without fear of losing their jobs tell the SOB to go forth and multiply in short jerky movements, i wonder what the atmosphere is like when Aggy meets Degsy love to see that. hopefully by the end of June both will be off our books.

The Sky Sports bigging up Agnew bit... now who else are they supportive of?

Put two and two together and you make four.

For the benefit of EiT, if you are running something dodgy, do you standstill waiting for folks to catch up with you or do you keep shaking things up and hiding your tracks?

Agnew was apparently a hod carrier but a particular visible and by all accounts, obnoxious one.

Shaw's twelve months are up soon as well. Let's see whether the rogue Chairman is released or the Rovers' QC was in effect contemptuous of the Court with his defence argument.

If you are obsessing about a rumour, do you view events objectively or do you take every single thing that happens as proof of said rumour? Or are you saying if Agnew had stayed it would have been evidence we don't have two owners?

`You don't need to be a nice guy to be in business`

few are IMO. can`t afford to be IMO.

I don't know who you've been dealing with, but in my experience (17 years representing business clients as an attorney, 12 years as a Rotarian, 8 years on the school board, 3 years running a youth soccer league, and now almost 6 months as a county supervisors), most business ARE nice guys. It's one of the many reasons they survive, long term.

For example, back-stabbing weasels don't survive long in the trades as other contractors don't want to deal with them.

At the moment we don't know why Agnew was sacked or who will replace him-we're in the position we've been in many times since November 2010, with one consequence being fans turning on each other.

Venky's divide and conquer plans continue to work!

Personally, I was pleased to see him go for many of the reasons people have already mentioned-his apparent incompetence in terms of PR(worst PR when we were in the Premier League), supporting Kean on the Radio Lancs programme, making comments in the LT attacking fans, a reference in last year's Accounts to the extra cost of dealing with fans' unrest at home matches, without either quantifying the figure or referring to the extra cost of supplying a chauffeur for Kean, and finally, his alleged putting himself forward on many occasions as potential Chair of the club once Williams was no longer in the role.

Will Venky's appoint someone better? Their track record up to now has predominantly been no, so we'll have to see.

"...and finally, his alleged putting himself forward on many occasions as potential Chair of the club once Williams was no longer in the role."

Ah yes. How could we forget? From Press Officer to Chairman. No, nothing to see here, all perfectly normal, no further questions from me. Move on please.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-press-officer-Paul-Agnew-linked-with-chairman-s-job-article720017.html

"...and finally, his alleged putting himself forward on many occasions as potential Chair of the club once Williams was no longer in the role."

Ah yes. How could we forget? From Press Officer to Chairman. No, nothing to see here, all perfectly normal, no further questions from me. Move on please.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-press-officer-Paul-Agnew-linked-with-chairman-s-job-article720017.html

From morn

To noon he fell, from noon to dewy eve,—

A summer’s day; and with the setting sun

Dropp’d from the Zenith like a falling star.

I don't know who you've been dealing with, but in my experience (17 years representing business clients as an attorney, 12 years as a Rotarian, 8 years on the school board, 3 years running a youth soccer league, and now almost 6 months as a county supervisors), most business ARE nice guys. It's one of the many reasons they survive, long term.

For example, back-stabbing weasels don't survive long in the trades as other contractors don't want to deal with them.

world of differance between being a cheezy fake nice(for the job), and actually genuinely being nice..

in my experience, genuinly nice people get walked all over professionally, whereas utter fake tossers succeed.

From morn[/size]

To noon he fell, from noon to dewy eve,—[/size]A summer’s day; and with the setting sun[/size]Dropp’d from the Zenith like a falling star.[/size]

Ha! Paradise Lost (I'll not pretend, had to google it) for poor old Aggers.

Lets hope he becomes CEO at saxomans place of work.

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste, I've been around for a long couple of years, stole many a mans soul and faith...

Instrumental in the departure of key enployees to rubber stamp his rise from poor PR contractor , (yes rovers were a customer not his employer ) to boardroom .after 12 months in boardroom , Cheerio and good riddance .

How anyone can have a ray of sympathy for a man instrumental in dismantling the club as we knew it is beyond me .

He made so many people's jobs a living hell over the last 2 years and his devious behind the scenes plots have not only been uncovered but will no doubt all come out .

From trying to convince the owners the supporter base was up in arms through racial motives , to asking Jason Roberts to fabricate a story to the media to turn the media against the supporters so his , keans and associates reign of terror could go untouched .

Add to that a more serious allegation which has been made , which at some point will be investigated , I think we can all breathe a little easier knowing this one has gone .

IMO the worst of the lot of them

world of differance between being a cheezy fake nice(for the job), and actually genuinely being nice..

in my experience, genuinly nice people get walked all over professionally, whereas utter fake tossers succeed.

A bit like faking to be in an asylum whilst simultaneously posting on Roversmad?

Ha! Paradise Lost (I'll not pretend, had to google it) for poor old Aggers.

Lets hope he becomes CEO at saxomans place of work.

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste, I've been around for a long couple of years, stole many a mans soul and faith...

Nice one. I love that song but I was always slightly disturbed by the lyric.

Instrumental in the departure of key enployees to rubber stamp his rise from poor PR contractor , (yes rovers were a customer not his employer ) to boardroom .after 12 months in boardroom , Cheerio and good riddance .

How anyone can have a ray of sympathy for a man instrumental in dismantling the club as we knew it is beyond me .

He made so many people's jobs a living hell over the last 2 years and his devious behind the scenes plots have not only been uncovered but will no doubt all come out .

From trying to convince the owners the supporter base was up in arms through racial motives , to asking Jason Roberts to fabricate a story to the media to turn the media against the supporters so his , keans and associates reign of terror could go untouched .

Add to that a more serious allegation which has been made , which at some point will be investigated , I think we can all breathe a little easier knowing this one has gone .

OMG. I had no idea of that allegation. That is despicable.

On the other hand, I was slightly uncomfortable with Jason's own stance on 5 Live with a supporter who was complaining about the regime in the early days. I thought Jason used his Rovers player/radio celebrity status to close down the caller.

A bit like faking to be in an asylum whilst simultaneously posting on Roversmad?

i`m not revisiting my past, that`s nearly 3 years ago now, so you carry on living in it if you want, i`ve personally moved right on..

And your experience would be?

plentyful.

i`m not revisiting my past, that`s nearly 3 years ago now, so you carry on living in it if you want, i`ve personally moved right on..

plentyful.

You haven't moved on from seeking attention have you. Anyway enough of your inane ramblings, I am putting you on ignore. You drove enough posters away from Roversmad with your drivel.

no offense glen, but if i had a penny for every time you claimed you had something `big` to reveal, but never do, i`d be a wealthy man(i`m not)..

if you have something, then show us, otherwise keep it to yourself until your ready to(if you indeed have anything at all)

Absolutely gobsmacked after reading this.

Shocking.

Not sure if it is common knowledge but I had no idea this had happened.

You haven't moved on from seeking attention have you. Anyway enough of your inane ramblings, I am putting you on ignore. You drove enough posters away from Roversmad with your drivel.

your putting me on ignore? great..! i`d also point out there`s more posters on roversmad now(at least during the season anyway) than when i joined the board 7 years back.

Absolutely gobsmacked after reading this.

Shocking.

Not sure if it is common knowledge but I had no idea this had happened.

are these facts or allegations without proof..?

show us the source. this page should be brfcsa(brfcsallegations)

What are you a relative of Agnew or something or just a bit slow? Basic comprehension skills of the events of the last two years dictate that Agnew's leaving is good news. No one, but no one has a good word to say about him.

What are you a relative of Agnew or something or just a bit slow? Basic comprehension skills of the events of the last two years dictate that Agnew's leaving is good news. No one, but no one has a good word to say about him.

these `no-ones` are all fans basing their views on allegations though aren`t they? nobody had anything AT ALL to say about agnew until he backed kean in the press, end of. i`d never even heard of the guy until that point.

i`d point out that colin hendry is similarly vilified based on allegations, and that`s unfair too.

Put him on ignore, seriously.

I'm all for a diverse range of opinion, and dissenting voices, but this guy seems utterly cuckoo.

Archived