BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not. But in such a situation it wouldn't be wise for us to keep him.

I certainly don't blame Olsson for feeling the way he does, but I believe we'll be better with someone hungry to perform.

Let's not forget that Olsson (and all internationals) have next year's World Cup to consider.

Hungry to perform for a club with no ambition. OK, what type of calibre of player is this going to be playing for the present Rovers a tryer maybe looks like the transition is almost complete.

They took us down and stripped us bare.

Olsson has 15 caps for Sweden (and nearly a 1 in 3 strike rate), 3 years of PL experience and featured heavily the season we finished 10th as part of a side that would have beaten our current one with its eyes closed. I'm struggling to see how he can be described as poor when compared to alternatives in our current squad.

I'm not wanting to get on Henley's back, hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but statistically about 90% of whats come out of our academy in the last 20 years has been below PL level. The odds are stacked firmly against Henley ever being as good as Olsson was in 09/10.

This "we'll be fine without him" attitude works, but only if expectation levels have plumetted to about mid-table Championship.

90% of the squad seem happy, but lets get a new managet to hhumour a small handful of whinger in the squad.

If you want a manager that keeps players happy in we should of made Peter Kay manager .

Where im sure he will get found out before long

So a Swedish international will get found out !?

Your a card

Hungry to perform for a club with no ambition. OK, what type of calibre of player is this going to be playing for the present Rovers a tryer maybe looks like the transition is almost complete.

They took us down and stripped us bare.

Would you swap places with that team that has no ambition ?

We have been downsizing in all areas of the club ever since the Venkys arrived. All have been replaced with lesser quality, from club management, to playing management, through to the playing squad. Easy to forget the level of stupidity we have witnessed, but looking at the players on our books brings it home starkly.

It was always going to be a major job re-shaping the most ridiculous squad of players I've ever seen at the club. I remain hopeful when the dust settles we will have some money left in the budget to source some recognised quality.

We are at least three decent players at this level short of a promotion challenge. We desperately need more creativity from midfield and genuine pace upfront. If we are to challenge we cannot simply rely on Rhodes for goals and I'm not convinced any of Best, King or Campbell will score or contribute enough.

We have been downsizing in all areas of the club ever since the Venkys arrived. All have been replaced with lesser quality, from club management, to playing management, through to the playing squad. Easy to forget the level of stupidity we have witnessed, but looking at the players on our books brings it home starkly.

It was always going to be a major job re-shaping the most ridiculous squad of players I've ever seen at the club. I remain hopeful when the dust settles we will have some money left in the budget to source some recognised quality.

We are at least three decent players at this level short of a promotion challenge. We desperately need more creativity from midfield and genuine pace upfront. If we are to challenge we cannot simply rely on Rhodes for goals and I'm not convinced any of Best, King or Campbell will score or contribute enough.

Im doubtful of their being any budget, and Id say we are 6 or 7 players short of a promotion push, agree with the rest though.

• Backroom

BEING lost?. It was being lost when I bailed 30 years ago.

Says it all in a way, doesn't it?

An an aside, it always makes me laugh when people bring up that Olsson is Sweden's main left back :lol: competition for his place is so fierce after all. There's, ermmm.... ?

An an aside, it always makes me laugh when people bring up that Olsson is Sweden's main left back :lol: competition for his place is so fierce after all. There's, ermmm.... ?

I was going to point that out, but I think Rochina and Olsson leaving has again divided the fans on here so didn't want to start a bickering competition, I think the only thing Bowyer can do now to make us all sweet again is splash some actual cash(within reason!) and get a few more good players in fast.

I was going to point that out, but I think Rochina and Olsson leaving has again divided the fans on here so didn't want to start a bickering competition, I think the only thing Bowyer can do now to make us all sweet again is splash some actual cash(within reason!) and get a few more good players in fast.

Any player that leaves for a move upwards will be missed. Selling quality players to better teams and replacing them with assorted journeyman, crocks and has beens is the late 60's all over again. :(

Anybody know any latter day Jack Walkers?..... cos I can't see any thats for sure. We only get rich benefactors about once a century.

not quite sure how these to are going to be missed as such, since Rochina barely got a sniff and Olsson hasn't strung a few good displays together for years now, they had or have potential and it would have been good if they had wanted to stay here but they didn't so stuff-em, we've moved out far far far better players than them in the past and lived to tell the tale.

As for rich benefactors, maybe not, but I think with the Academy that jack built and the improvements that the venkys have made to it, that should sustain the clubs professional status for a long time to come regardless of how much or little money the venkys put into the club in the future(even it means we just go onto be a Crewe-esque feeder club for the big boys)

not quite sure how these to are going to be missed as such, since Rochina barely got a sniff and Olsson hasn't strung a few good displays together for years now, they had or have potential and it would have been good if they had wanted to stay here but they didn't so stuff-em, we've moved out far far far better players than them in the past and lived to tell the tale.

Kinell! We moved out two Jones's a Samba and a Hoilett ............. and we got relegated. There is a feeling of deja vu about these ins and outs.

Jones, Rochina and Olsson came from the better half of our squad.

Phil Jones is potentially world class so was always going to leave at some point, Samba at his best is a top premiership centre back(who had been pushing for amove long before venkys arrived), Jermaine jones(if that's who you meant) wasn't our player to begin with(and would have cost an extortionate amount to buy) and Hoilet well! how has he done since leaving.

Phil Jones is potentially world class so was always going to leave at some point, Samba at his best is a top premiership centre back(who had been pushing for amove long before venkys arrived), Jermaine jones(if that's who you meant) wasn't our player to begin with(and would have cost an extortionate amount to buy) and Hoilet well! how has he done since leaving.

But why did they leave?

Kelbo (RIP) made it very clear why Jones wanted out, Samba as well. Jermaine jones was here on circa 100K a week, so despite being good no thanks.

Can we stop saying this idiotic phrase.

A team of Rhodes' and Willamonson's or a team of Etuhu's and Danny Murphy's.

Just because one League one player stepped up ala Rhodes doesn't mean they all will.

Rhodes went from 50 odd to 30 odd or 40% less, take 40% of Judge and that's 6 assits and 3 goals (?). Fantastic return. League one to the championship is not as easy as some make out. Wednesday Charlton and Huddersfield came up and the best finish out those was 9th, the others 18th & 19th. The gap is bigger than some think and yet as one or two teams/players once did it it's defo going to happen here. And yet all those that have failed before are ignored and they are a far larger group than those that passed the grade.

Also why does everyone say either washed up has beens like etuhu and murphy or league oners? there are plenty of quality players in the prem/championship available and willing to play at this level and for less than a murphy or Etuhu. Rovers have far too many squadies, in fact most of them are squadies. We are screaming out for quality and yet all we're doing is signing ex-players and punters.

But why did they leave?

Kelbo (RIP) made it very clear why Jones wanted out, Samba as well. Jermaine jones was here on circa 100K a week, so despite being good no thanks.

I can understand that but by neither signing him nor replacing him with a similar player and also shipping N'Zonzi out the bottom line is that we've spewed 55million per annum!

£££, Potential Trophy wins and champions league football(mainly £££ though)

(in hoilets case- just £££)

Jones fell out with steve Kean and wanted out as Kean was bullet proof (bottom of the elague and a new contract). Samba wanted out as Kean made him one too many bullsit promises.

But hey ho you believe it was ££££££, when Kelbo knew Jones family.

Hoillets dad runs his career and even Sam struggled to tie him down.

Jermaine Jones was on about 30K in germany but we paid him over 100K, why????

Because a 300%+ increase in slary was the only way to get them here under Venky's and Kean.

I can understand that but by neither signing him nor replacing him with a similar player and also shipping N'Zonzi out the bottom line is that we've spewed 55million per annum!

You would be blown away at how much was spunked on loanees that first season! 100's of thousands of pounds a week. No-one wanted to come here and clearly they still don't, no-one believes Rovers will get promoted this season. Bowyer is learning and turning to players he knows as it's all new to him, get a well connected DoF in asap and sign some quality as the season ticket offer is @#/? as we're not aiming for promotion this year, no chance. Balance the books consolidate and aim for mid-table and even some of the players have said the same.

You would be blown away at how much was spunked on loanees that first season! 100's of thousands of pounds a week. No-one wanted to come here and clearly they still don't, no-one believes Rovers will get promoted this season. Bowyer is learning and turning to players he knows as it's all new to him, get a well connected DoF in asap and sign some quality as the season ticket offer is @#/? as we're not aiming for promotion this year, no chance. Balance the books consolidate and aim for mid-table and even some of the players have said the same.

Avoiding relegation has to be the first aim.

btw Time will tell but Bowyer looks a Number 2 to me rather than a leader ........ and I don't mean a turd. If he has a poor run I'm not sure he has the necessary to turn it around. Hope I'm wrong.

Jones fell out with steve Kean and wanted out as Kean was bullet proof (bottom of the elague and a new contract). Samba wanted out as Kean made him one too many bullsit promises.

But hey ho you believe it was ££££££, when Kelbo knew Jones family.

Hoillets dad runs his career and even Sam struggled to tie him down.

Jermaine Jones was on about 30K in germany but we paid him over 100K, why????

Too many players getting a free pass because of the Kean factor.

Jones went because the most successful club in England came calling.

Samba wanted out FULL STOP. Allardyce's dismissal was the perfect pretext.

Just because one League one player stepped up ala Rhodes doesn't mean they all will.

Rhodes went from 50 odd to 30 odd or 40% less, take 40% of Judge and that's 6 assits and 3 goals (?). Fantastic return. League one to the championship is not as easy as some make out. Wednesday Charlton and Huddersfield came up and the best finish out those was 9th, the others 18th & 19th. The gap is bigger than some think and yet as one or two teams/players once did it it's defo going to happen here. And yet all those that have failed before are ignored and they are a far larger group than those that passed the grade.

Also why does everyone say either washed up has beens like etuhu and murphy or league oners? there are plenty of quality players in the prem/championship available and willing to play at this level and for less than a murphy or Etuhu. Rovers have far too many squadies, in fact most of them are squadies. We are screaming out for quality and yet all we're doing is signing ex-players and punters.

Just like signing League 1 players doesn't mean we'll end up there.

Yea the best finish was 9th, by Charlton, 3 points outside of the playoffs if I recall. Each player/team is different and therefore there's no point in arguing that a player from League 1 belongs there or a team from there will probably go back down......there's Judge, nominated for Player of the Year/in team of the Year, whatever he was out of those two, possibly both, can't remember so it's a bit unfair to label him just a League 1 player. The keeper is 2nd/3rd choice, not sure if we've even signed Marrow yet and Taylor, Kilgallon and DJ aren't League 1 players. So I'm not even really getting this whole League 1 debate.

I know there is some good business to be done and I wouldn't be happy if the transfer window closed tomorrow but history dictates a lot will still happen. I'm guessing we're bringing in some squad players to accommodate losing some squad players like the Portuguese players......then use the money from Olsson and possibly Dann or whoever, coupled with Murphy, Nuno Gomes etc off the wage bill.......to then bring in some serious quality.....players like Morgan from Leicester or Antonio from Sheff Wed.

There's the argument that we could miss out on players if we take too long but we could also lose out if we buy too early. Most of the major signings seem to occur near the end of transfer windows. We would have probably missed out on Rhodes if we spent it all in early August.

Avoiding relegation has to be the first aim.

btw Time will tell but Bowyer looks a Number 2 to me rather than a leader ........ and I don't mean a turd. If he has a poor run I'm not sure he has the necessary to turn it around. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm not convinced either if honest we'll see, I feel there's a big difference between stepping in as caretaker and leading the team.

We'll see but getting in one or two decent non ex-rovers would make me a bit more positive about things.

I predicted relegation last summer and I'll say midtable obscurity this season based on everything so far.

Archived