BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Clearout begins at Rovers

You can bet your life that anyone Kean signed in the PL years is going to be on at least £10K a week so there are plenty of people still draining the club, especially if we only make £45K throuigh the gate for a home game as was quoted on here recently..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's still 117? Points to play for. We could quite easily go up or finish nowhere. Too early to say.

As far as the clear out goes there's probably only Rhodes, Etuhu and Robinson left on huge wages.

Rhodes is worth every penny, if (and it's a big if) Robinson can get back to full mobility and fitness he could be an important player in the second half of the season. Etuhu will have to up his game considerably if he wants to feature judging by Saturday but generally the clearout's gone reasonably well.

Edit: 123 points left to play for. Can't add up.

Best 30k+ . I mean the likes of Ribero etc and don't forget all the ones out on loan who may still have contracts left. I think they would pay off all the ones on the fringes just to get rid and trim the squad right down. Maybe they'll continue with a big squad and risk the embargo.

Best 30k+ . I mean the likes of Ribero etc and don't forget all the ones out on loan who may still have contracts left. I think they would pay off all the ones on the fringes just to get rid and trim the squad right down. Maybe they'll continue with a big squad and risk the embargo.

I think a clever lawyer would be able to argue that any contracts signed before FFP should not be taken into consideration.

Interesting. Think there are three types of potential deadwood players I'd try getting rid of in this order:

1) Players not good enough to contribute. Low in quality, literally paying a wage for no return. The Portuguese boys, and the likes of Olsson would get in this category for me. Offer nothing and we've more than enough cover that they won't get a wage. All they're doing is draining resources. Get rid asap.

2) Players who are decent for this level and can make a contribution but are earning far too much. - In this category you could put Etuhu and Best. (And arguably Pedersen and Givet, although I personally think we could have used them) . Think these players are going to have to be paid off as their wages could free up two or three championship players or make massive savings. They do have the redeeming feature of being able to be used at this level, so they wouldn't be the first I'd get rid of. However, despite the ability to make a contribution, they'll most likely make a bigger contribution leaving and improving the finances.

3) Players who're not on huge wages and can make a contribution at this level. Personally I wouldn't spend too much time getting them off the books - there's far more pressing issues (the above 2 categories.) Squads take time to develop so they can make a contribution and slot into the squad roles as needed. Allows our time and energy to be spent getting rid of more pressing financial concerns. I'd class the likes of Ribeiro in this category.

Well, that'd be my strategy. Appreciate it may be easier said than done, but think this is the logical way of doing things.

Ribeiro can definitely not play a role at anywhere near this level, for me he would be in step 1.

Ribeiro is a weird one. For the short while he was our first choice RB, he became one of my favourite players.

I really can't work that one out. Maybe if he played 6 games he got a big bonus or pay rise, or contract extension.

Certainly could do a job in the Championship (then).

Ribeiro is a weird one. For the short while he was our first choice RB, he became one of my favourite players.

I really can't work that one out. Maybe if he played 6 games he got a big bonus or pay rise, or contract extension.

That was a fantastic moment last season when robbo told him that the Blackburn end was singing his name, the look on his face was superb, can't remember who it was against

Did you ever get one of his T-Shirts from the club ship Stu? I've not been in for a bit but I wouldn't be surprised if they have an offer on - buy 1 get 299 free.

I am sure we have a Keith Andrews one somewhere in the house, but I think that was my son's attempt at irony...Do they have any "Danny Murphy is innocent" ones?

Seriously, I surprised myself at my own response to the Colin Hendry T-shirt How times change!

There was some weirdness surrounding some players. I remember Rochina scoring then being dropped. Vukcevic was another one who would have a decent game then get dropped.

There was some weirdness surrounding some players. I remember Rochina scoring then being dropped. Vukcevic was another one who would have a decent game then get dropped.

Certainly was surrounding Vukcevic. Must have had a massive appearance fee bonus. I was still thinking the same of Rochina. Guess we'll find out before the turn of the year.

Archived